Thule roof bar 2022 250

Denao_53

1 hour ago, Denao_53 said:

Hey everyone,

Has anyone used a Thule door mount/roof bar for carrying a kayak?  Still waiting on my truck so I don't want to buy anything just yet.  The kayak will ride with the cockpit up.

Thanks!

I hope you have better luck getting a response than I had inquiring about racks for the tonneau cover tracks.  

I apologize for deviating from the question but this is the internet, people throw in their off note comments all the time (it's kinda normal!)

But to get on the subject I did not order a Thule for the SD, but on all of my other vehicles I went with Yakima. I like the Yakima because the way the pads set down over the drip rails and the hooks that come under the door are padded, adjustable and heavy-duty. I found the Yakama was much more stable when you had 4 kayaks strapped to the top.

Give me about 10 minutes I will go take pictures of the Yakima system which I think is better.

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR

20211231_211032.jpg

20211231_211002.jpg

This is the Q tower system which is permanently attached and the new style is their base system which is just as heavy duty but you can leave it permanently attached as I have or remove them quick and easy.  In case you do want to drive into somewhere that may give you a clearance problem.

The Q system I think is stronger because it uses the round bars, but the newer system looks more modern and sleek.

Thule has two different systems out and seeing them in person they look great but I think they are kind of flimsy on the part that attaches around the doors frame, the rest of it is pretty cool and innovative/ modular. when seeing it in person it just doesn't have that " it's not going anywhere" kind of feel, but that's just my opinion.

20211231_210949.jpg

Edited by IUEC135ELEVATOR
  • Like 1