01/25 Scheduling Notes

danleg

I am fairly new to the site. Sorry if these questions have been asked before.

In the Scheduling Notes posted yesterday under Balance Out Information, I found;

• 22MY F-150 Job1 Balance Out
  • Final 22MY F-150 Job #1 orders are due on Thursday, January 27.  Spec changes and cancellation will be shut off on Thursday, January 27.
  • There will be very limited F-150 scheduling this week to conclude Job1 balance out. No SIMS orders will be generated this week.  

If I understand correctly Job1 refers to the start of MY production run and Balance Out means they are ending that run before starting the next run (Job2) due to some changes to a major component.

Am I correct in my understanding? If so, any Indication what that change will be?

On 9/28, I ordered a 21MY F150 KingRanch thru my dealer. I provided X-Plan PIN and DL.  On 10/27 my dealer informed me that my order was “punted” to a 22MY and I also received email order confirmation from Ford MC the same day.

I have been checking with dealer weekly this month and am being told it is Unscheduled-Clean.

Is there anyway to know if my order will be part of Job1?

Thanks for your assistance!

2 hours ago, danleg said:

I am fairly new to the site. Sorry if these questions have been asked before.

In the Scheduling Notes posted yesterday under Balance Out Information, I found;

• 22MY F-150 Job1 Balance Out
  • Final 22MY F-150 Job #1 orders are due on Thursday, January 27.  Spec changes and cancellation will be shut off on Thursday, January 27.
  • There will be very limited F-150 scheduling this week to conclude Job1 balance out. No SIMS orders will be generated this week.  

If I understand correctly Job1 refers to the start of MY production run and Balance Out means they are ending that run before starting the next run (Job2) due to some changes to a major component.

Am I correct in my understanding? If so, any Indication what that change will be?

On 9/28, I ordered a 21MY F150 KingRanch thru my dealer. I provided X-Plan PIN and DL.  On 10/27 my dealer informed me that my order was “punted” to a 22MY and I also received email order confirmation from Ford MC the same day.

I have been checking with dealer weekly this month and am being told it is Unscheduled-Clean.

Is there anyway to know if my order will be part of Job1?

Thanks for your assistance!

Vehicles scheduled after Thursday, January 27th, will be built using the Job #2 specifications or whatever specifications are in effect when the order is scheduled. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Coreace said:

Thanks ice-capades. Do you know if there is functional changes in the order options and there is an unscheduled order, can the dealer update it without impacting the place in line?

The updated order guides usually include notes regarding the changes from Job #1 > Job #2, etc. Changes can still be made to vehicle specifications but still must meet the applicable commodity restraints for scheduling. As for "place in line", if you mean the priority code, it won't change unless it's been assigned 01 or 02, in which case any changes have to be coordinated with the regional office. 

• Like 2