Railyard to Dealer

mfiggs22

The railyard to dealer has been the most aggravating bottleneck.  My F450 was built 12/17 and had to go from KY to IA.  It has sat in KC,MO railyard since January 10 with no movement.  I was also stupid enough to pay for the truck on 12/30.  It was a drop ship and my selling dealer told me I had to do the paperwork on it before they could release it to the receiving dealer but that it should be there any day now... It's almost March, LOL.

17 minutes ago, Terroirnosaurus said:

The railyard to dealer has been the most aggravating bottleneck.  My F450 was built 12/17 and had to go from KY to IA.  It has sat in KC,MO railyard since January 10 with no movement.  I was also stupid enough to pay for the truck on 12/30.  It was a drop ship and my selling dealer told me I had to do the paperwork on it before they could release it to the receiving dealer but that it should be there any day now... It's almost March, LOL.

Mine is sitting in the Ky rail yard on it's way to Iowa, maybe when it gets to KC they will load on the same truck and get them both delivered. 

14 minutes ago, Bodaway said:

Mine is sitting in the Ky rail yard on it's way to Iowa, maybe when it gets to KC they will load on the same truck and get them both delivered. 

That would be great.  I have a feeling it's something as simple as waiting for enough vehicles to fill a convoy.  Do you have a dually by chance?  Someone from a facebook group that does railyard logistics told me that it was "normal" to take up to 8 weeks to move from the KC railyard for duallies (pre-covid) because they could only be on certain spots on the trailer?

1 hour ago, Terroirnosaurus said:

That would be great.  I have a feeling it's something as simple as waiting for enough vehicles to fill a convoy.  Do you have a dually by chance?  Someone from a facebook group that does railyard logistics told me that it was "normal" to take up to 8 weeks to move from the KC railyard for duallies (pre-covid) because they could only be on certain spots on the trailer?

no, mine is a single wheel drive

8 weeks, ugh. Our order was placed August 31, knowing it's built and sitting in a rail yard is painful.

On 2/24/2022 at 6:49 AM, Tom3 said:

Just found out my truck arrived in the Albuquerque railyard Tuesday afternoon (Feb. 22).  Now for that 30 minute ride to my dealer...

I'll post this info under this topic too, my truck arrived at the dealership this morning, so that seems to be pretty quick from what others have experienced.  Still a few days to wait - dealer needs to install gooseneck hitch and spray-in bedliner.

22 hours ago, jhaber said:

My truck truck looks like its been sitting at the Shelbyville rail yard for 7 days. Says it was loaded on a car today. Estimated arrival is March 2nd but KY is a long way from south Florida.

How did you find out it was loaded on the car?

Mine's in Shelbyville as well, has been since the 14th. I have a car number, but the automated phone system for the rail road company does not give a lot of info.

3 hours ago, Bodaway said:

How did you find out it was loaded on the car?

Mine's in Shelbyville as well, has been since the 14th. I have a car number, but the automated phone system for the rail road company does not give a lot of info.

Ask your dealer for you VVR report. It will show your rail car number and then you can and track the car number if it works.

Are these railyard delays all past your estimated delivery date? Or is Ford calculating that in correctly? 

I ask because I had heard they were doing good at hitting delivery dates - and some were even early. Of course, mine would be the one that's late. ? Estimated delivery from ford 2 weeks ago, 2/28-3/6. Still, no sign of the truck.

Mine was built 2/14.

When Ford was providing estimated delivery dates my original delivery estimate was between 3/1 - 3/7. It was then changed to 3/11 - 3/17, so technically it's not late yet.

The Ford tracker no longer has estimated dates on it, so who knows what it is now. I have the rail car number, but when I call it has not changed and when I put my VIN into the palsapp website it shows "pending" but does have a freight bill number so they are expecting it at some time.

It would be nice to know why it takes a month to get loaded onto a rail car and then a semi to make it to it's destination.