Performance question for detuned C&C owners

ssybert

Hey guys,

I bought a new 2022 F550 cab and chassis 6.7L last year to build a custom 5th wheel hauler.  It's replacing my 2016 F350 6.7L pickup truck.

The 2016 was incredible.  It had the power to put you back in your seat towing 20k up an incline.  It had all the power I needed plus more.

Now, I know the C&C are detuned but this new truck is a turd.  Towing a 16k trailer on a straightaway it takes forever to spool up and even when it does, sometimes the engine isn't building enough power to call for a downshift and it does nothing until it succumbs to resistance and slows a bit and gets its downshift.  With the pedal on the floor it will NEVER exceed about 2600rpm.  Never.  Climbing hills on I-95 at 65mph, maintaining my speed with the pedal on the floor is as good as it gets.

How can this detune be safe with the capacities this truck is rated for?  I'm not done building yet and I'm net even at 30k.  My setup is rated for 40k.  

Is this normal?

Thanks all!

Edited by ssybert

• 2 weeks later...