Looking for King Ranch Chrome Tailgate

When I ordered my F-250, I did not want the chrome package, so I missed out on the chrome KR tailgate applique like the one below:

F250 King Ranch tailgate trim? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

I thought I could buy one and install it, but my tailgate won't have the tab holes to hold one. I'm looking for someone that will be removing their tailgate for a custom tailgate, 5th wheel clearance, or a flat bed conversion. Slim chance, I know - but just putting out feelers. 

Or, if you know an easy way to install the applique without cutting holes in my tailgate - I'd love to hear it. 

5 hours ago, RustyT22 said:

When I ordered my F-250, I did not want the chrome package, so I missed out on the chrome KR tailgate applique like the one below:

I thought I could buy one and install it, but my tailgate won't have the tab holes to hold one. I'm looking for someone that will be removing their tailgate for a custom tailgate, 5th wheel clearance, or a flat bed conversion. Slim chance, I know - but just putting out feelers. 

Or, if you know an easy way to install the applique without cutting holes in my tailgate - I'd love to hear it. 

Are you sure holes are required? Even so, that's probably not a big deal.

26 minutes ago, 4thTimer said:

Are you sure holes are required? Even so, that's probably not a big deal.

From what I was told by the dealer, there are tabs all around the applique that slide into the holes in the tailgates made for them to hold it on. The chrome applique alone costs $800, so I would hate to buy it to find out I can't get it on. 

If someone has done it though, I would love to hear about it. I searched the threads and didn't find anything.

On 3/9/2022 at 1:19 PM, RustyT22 said:

This is a great idea to look for a take off, I hadn’t thought of it. I’m in the same boat, I hadn’t wanted the chrome package but I do like the appliqué. I think they need to revise how that option works. Although my wife doesn’t like the appliqué but Im unconcerned….my truck lmao 

19 hours ago, Alex Kreh said:

This is a great idea to look for a take off, I hadn’t thought of it. I’m in the same boat, I hadn’t wanted the chrome package but I do like the appliqué. I think they need to revise how that option works. Although my wife doesn’t like the appliqué but Im unconcerned….my truck lmao 

Agreed! IU found a video on YouTube that shows cutting off the tabs and then installing with 3M two-sided tape. Seems sketchy- but it could work!

Edited by RustyT22

32 minutes ago, RustyT22 said:

Agreed! IU found a video on YouTube that shows cutting off the tabs and then installing with 3M two-sided tape. Seems sketchy- but it could work!

I agree, the appliqué itself would be cheaper than a whole take off tailgate, although I wouldn’t trust the tape as much as I would the right way. Don’t get much wind hitting the tailgate or anything though so it might be alright!