Great Forum-Waiting for Truck Build in Utah

UT_Grandpa

After 22 years since the last new truck, I decided to take advantage of the X plan and order a new Ford Super Duty.  I love my Gen 2 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins truck with 190,000 miles on it.  It is still running strong but I wanted a truck with some more "creature" comforts.  The truck is getting passed on to a son rather than being sold at almost what I paid for it.  So on February 22, 2022 I ordered a 2022 Lariat Crew cab with the GAS 7.3l engine and the ultimate package and a few other items.  Going from diesel to gas was based on several things:  My trailer is a 25 foot Rockwood (6500 #), diesel here is 60 cents per gallon more than gas, the maintenance is lower, I can see the ground from the top of the engine, and I won't be driving in another 22 years.

We camp, fish, hunt, do community and church service, and play with the 13.5 grandkids.

The dealer wanted a non-refundable $2000 down payment because I ordered the truck with a gas engine and they said it would be hard to sell if I backed out of the transaction.  Whatever!  I got the order confirmed email from the factory after the dealer corrected my email address and I found out last week I am 84/120 in their truck order queue with a priority of 19.  Not great, but it is what it is.

In prowling around this forum I see order to build timeframes from weeks to 8 months.  I see references to sites where you can track the truck, modules, rail cars, plant shutdowns, etc.  Somehow I need to get connected to these sites.  All I have is a order number from the dealer that looks fake (one letter and 3 numbers).

Anyway, thanks for the comments and help I see being offered here.  There is lots to wait while I wait for a truck or maybe see the ordered cancelled because of the switch to manufacture the 2023 trucks in a few months.  Thanks to all

Hey I’m new here too, been a long time lurker.  I ordered my truck back in July also from Utah (still waiting).  Kinda surprised to hear they thought a SD would be hard to sell. Seems like nothing stays on a lot anywhere these days. 

just curious, did you try asking them to lower the priority code? 

I did and they said it wouldn't be fair to the 83 people in front of me.  From what I have read after a couple months on not being scheduled you can ask the dealer/Ford regional rep to kick it to a priority much higher.  I have a friend that ordered a f-250 Lariat last August and took delivery just before Christmas.  He had to delete the bed liner, adaptive steering, and tonneau cover to get things moving.  I left those items off my order knowing that the would hold up the order.

I would be all over the dealer for 8 months without a truck.  Don't be afraid to go up the food chain to get an answer.

2 hours ago, UT_Grandpa said:

I did and they said it wouldn't be fair to the 83 people in front of me.  From what I have read after a couple months on not being scheduled you can ask the dealer/Ford regional rep to kick it to a priority much higher.  I have a friend that ordered a f-250 Lariat last August and took delivery just before Christmas.  He had to delete the bed liner, adaptive steering, and tonneau cover to get things moving.  I left those items off my order knowing that the would hold up the order.

I would be all over the dealer for 8 months without a truck.  Don't be afraid to go up the food chain to get an answer.

yeah, I certainly did. Ended up priority 2. Truck was built March 4th. Hoping to see it this week or next week based on the ford estimated delivery email.