2022 F250 Not Starting

RCS

Good morning, I've been looking for a place to share my issues with the new F250 so I'm new to the site. 

Issues:  finally received the truck and while figuring out the electronics while the truck was running it shut off.  Couldn't start with the key, fob, or app for 15 minutes.  Then took it for a ride and it shut off while in gear while turning around in a parking lot, 15 minutes later it started.  Took it back to the dealer who was perplexed but they did something to the timeout and it seemed ok.  Got it home and let it run and it shut off after 35 minutes:  nothing would start it (key, fob, app) until 45 minutes later.  Repeated the process by starting with key, fob or the app and it did the same thing regardless of method used to start, would run for 35 minutes and then shut off and not start for 45 minutes.  Took all of my notes and went back to the dealer where it sat for 5 weeks and they couldn't replicate the problem.  Pick up the truck and there is a thump, thump noise in the front so took it back again.  Once again they said they couldn't replicate the problem although one of the techs took a ride with me and heard it.  Then they tell me the truck would start but then shut off after 50ft, start back up and then shut off again after 50ft so they really couldn't check out the initial problem.  So now they've ordered a fuse box.  I've heard with this design water can get in the fuse box and cause electrical issues so we'll see.  Maybe that is what caused the original problem.

Has anyone heard of anything like this?  Thanks in advance.

• ice-capades changed the title to 2022 F250 Not Starting
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2022 at 9:20 AM, RCS said:

Good morning, I've been looking for a place to share my issues with the new F250 so I'm new to the site. 

Issues:  finally received the truck and while figuring out the electronics while the truck was running it shut off.  Couldn't start with the key, fob, or app for 15 minutes.  Then took it for a ride and it shut off while in gear while turning around in a parking lot, 15 minutes later it started.  Took it back to the dealer who was perplexed but they did something to the timeout and it seemed ok.  Got it home and let it run and it shut off after 35 minutes:  nothing would start it (key, fob, app) until 45 minutes later.  Repeated the process by starting with key, fob or the app and it did the same thing regardless of method used to start, would run for 35 minutes and then shut off and not start for 45 minutes.  Took all of my notes and went back to the dealer where it sat for 5 weeks and they couldn't replicate the problem.  Pick up the truck and there is a thump, thump noise in the front so took it back again.  Once again they said they couldn't replicate the problem although one of the techs took a ride with me and heard it.  Then they tell me the truck would start but then shut off after 50ft, start back up and then shut off again after 50ft so they really couldn't check out the initial problem.  So now they've ordered a fuse box.  I've heard with this design water can get in the fuse box and cause electrical issues so we'll see.  Maybe that is what caused the original problem.

Has anyone heard of anything like this?  Thanks in advance.

I haven't heard about anything like that on a new truck before.  What engine?