2005 Ford F350 Lariat DRW to SRW conversion

r4inx

My father recently passed away and left me his prized 2005 Ford F350 6.0L Diesel Lariat Crew Cab DRW. It's in great condition, has a new bulletproofed 6.0L engine and trans in it. Problem is that I do not tow enough to deal with the DRW but i really want to keep the truck as its one of the only things i have left of his. I have read that you can remove the spacers on the front wheels and add alt spacers to the rear. The rear axel code on the door sticker is "4L" and after converting online it looks to be a "Limited Slip 4.30". I know i could maybe find an SRW rear axel and have it swapped in but I do not have the money at this time for that. I do plan on swapping the bed or removing the flares and doing some body work. Can anyone point me in the right direction on this? What size spacer in the rear? What kind of rims can i replace them with?

Thanks for all your help.

IMG-5980 (1).jpg

I don't have any info at all to offer about the drw conversion. But I did want to say: sorry to hear about your dad, I just lost mine 2 years ago and still find it rough at times...hard to go to mom and dads and walk into the garage, just does not feel right...

Just wanted to say that...sorry to get off subject...