2019 Ford Fusion autolock and 5 digit code

Bonesy1116

Hi all,

I just purchased a used 2019 Ford Fusion.  It didn't come with a manual of any kind, so I don't have the 5 digit code.

I'm trying to do one of two things, but both aren't necessary.  

1)  Somehow turn off autolock.  I was able to find autounlock in the settings on the readouts by the speedomoter, but no autolock.  Seems very strange.

2) I would like to create/change the numerical door code on the driver side door.  For that I need the 5 digit code that came on the card that I'm missing.  The local dealership wants $170 for a reset.  I've looked at a few videos on YT to see how to solve this.  I don't have 2 keys by the way.  On some other Ford cars/trucks, apparently the code is on a sticker inside the passenger side door or on a fuse box cover maybe.  Anyway, an exact location for this would be helpful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

• 2 months later...

I see that this is an older post but thought I'd respond anyway.  First, the manuals are available online on the Ford owner's support website at Ford Owner Manuals. For the autolock, the manual says it would be under Settings/Vehicle/Locks on the dash display.  It also says that in some markets this feature may not be configurable, and thus the option would not show up.

For the keypad code, the manual states that you can obtain the code from your Ford dealer, with I assume proof of ownership.  Not sure why they want to charger you $170 to reset it.  I'm sure they can quickly read it using their computer scan tool.  I have heard that some Fords had the code on a sticker on the engine computer, but not sure about Fusions.  The manual also says you can display the code if you have two programmed keys, which of course you don't have.  Might want to just splurge for another key if the dealer wants to charge you to get the code anyway.  Here are the instructions from the manual using the keys:

Displaying the Factory-Set Code
Note:   You need to have two programmed keys for this procedure.
  1. Remove the key blade from the transmitter.
Intelligent Access Key Back-up Slot Location

2. Remove the rubber covering (A) from the cup holder. With the buttons facing upward and the unlock button facing the front of your vehicle, place the first intelligent access key into the backup slot (B).

3. Press the push button ignition switch once and wait a few seconds.

4. Press the push button ignition switch again and remove the key.

5. Insert the second programmed key into the backup slot, and then press the push button ignition switch.

The factory-set code appears in the information display for a few seconds.
Note:   The code may not display until after any other warning messages first display.
Edited by KCM1