I am trying to see if there are any other hybrid Explorer owners out there and what your user experience has been. I have been so thoroughly underwhelmed by my purchase last year. Here have been a just a few of the many and seemingly unending issues this vehicle has had in my 18mos of ownership:

*techs not properly trained on how to secure the oil pan after the oil change so it spews oil everywhere 

*sh**ty fuel economy. <24mpg combined despite eco mode every time I drive and I am not a lead foot and I brake well before the stop.

*THE TRANSMISSION FAILED AND HAD YO BE COMPLETELY REPLACED AT JUST OVER A YEAR AND WITH 20k MILES ON IT!! (might be bitter for a while on that one)

*there is no option to just have rear wheel drive. 
*3 safety recalls and no fix for any of them yet

*sync just decides to not work sometimes like a teenager working at the ice cream shop

*the engine hood flaps relentlessly whenever there is the slightest bit of wind.

*upholstery was not tucked in and mindful of craftsmanship 

*ugh.

Sorry to hear about all of your problems.  I do not own and Explorer, but I can say that the Manager at my Local dealer has told me that Explorer is the worst built vehicle he has seen. I also know that Chicago assembly has a bad reputation. 

I know that Ford is on a Quality push and they have their hands full with Explorer and CAP!

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I'm very curious about anyone's reliability experience with a 2022 or 2023 Explorer--hybrid, 4-cyl, or 6-cyl.  [Unnamed dealer sources] have strongly encouraged me to not get an Explorer (citing a host of electrical, drivetrain, and fit-and-finish issues).  However, with Ford continually whittling down its available vehicles, the Explorer and Ranger are the only two vehicles that fit my requirements.  Thoughts, anyone?