Fox 2.0 Shocks

stevenc

fwiw…

Recently upgraded factory shocks to Fox 2.0 at 30k miles.  I have a 7.3 gas F250 without Tremor package (my understanding is Tremor shocks are twin tube & pretty solid).   My goal was to take the edge off the harsh ride.   I’ve never had issue with the truck on highway/interstate & in fact it rides quite well, especially towing.   However, most days I’d rather ride a covered wagon than traverse poor condition country roads.   Frost heaves, bridge joints, speed bumps & washboard dirt roads are brutal.  Bone jarring.  Tooth chattering.  The Hole in the Rock road in Escalante was nearly divorce material.

Bilstein 5100’s are exceptional shocks that I’ve used in the past with great success in 1/2 ton trucks in a towing environment, just not what I was looking for.   Someday I’d love to go full project truck with a Carli type build that improves suspension travel.  Middle ground?

Sourced all four corners for $690 shipped.   No, a 3/4 ton truck will not turn into a 1/2 ton, but this is a significant upgrade.   Bear in mind that ride quality is subjective & we all focus on different attributes.  This application is 100% what I intended by taking the edge off.  

Worth the money?   tbd…. useable lifespan is the deciding factor 

17F7E394-8BE3-424B-A65D-9B4FED5E6A10.jpeg

stevenc,

The Fox 2.0’s were money well spent to control your suspension and I’m a fan. That being said the harshness and “bone jarring” ride is mostly a result of rock hard tires - fully aired up tires with an empty truck - thanks to the mandated TPMS. Ford had a service bulletin years ago addressing this. There are several methods to determine correct psi for a given load on the tire and maximum psi isn’t it!  Look into it, I promise it’s a game changer. My 2022 F350 6.7 has excellent ride quality and gets compliments from passengers. 

23 hours ago, MT350 said:

That being said the harshness and “bone jarring” ride is mostly a result of rock hard tires …

Not in my case, but I agree with airing up or down appropriate to conditions. 

I continue to be impressed with the difference in ride quality from the Fox shocks.  Even the steering is better.  Body roll still exists but seems more predictable & the linear design does give up a little in the really slow rough stuff.

The fact that I no longer hear change, keys or  debris clanging about in the center console is prob the best feedback I can give in terms of daily driving.