F150 Fuel Economy?

MrGarabaldi

I have been gone a while,  didn't mean to be gone so long.  I am still a Ford Enthusiast even though my Ford Plant closed down in 2006,  I still drive nothing but Fords. hence my dilemma, 

I am looking at a newer truck because my 1999  F150 Lariat is getting long in the tooth.  I an trying to decide between a 2016-2020 F150 Lariat or a 2020+ Ranger Lariat.  Because I work at the Airport, I have a 40+ mile each way commute to work so fuel economy is a consideration.   I have looked on the website and failed to see how people are doing on gas.  The truck will be my primary ride.  I am leaning toward the F150 but I can't seem to find any accurate information on fuel usage.  I am interested in either a 4X2 or a 4X4 configuration, the 5.0 or the 3.5 or even the 2.7 with the 6 speed or the 10 speed tranny.  then there is the Ranger, LOL

If any members can give me any information, it would be appreciated.

36 minutes ago, MrGarabaldi said:

I have been gone a while,  didn't mean to be gone so long.  I am still a Ford Enthusiast even though my Ford Plant closed down in 2006,  I still drive nothing but Fords. hence my dilemma, 

I am looking at a newer truck because my 1999  F150 Lariat is getting long in the tooth.  I an trying to decide between a 2016-2020 F150 Lariat or a 2020+ Ranger Lariat.  Because I work at the Airport, I have a 40+ mile each way commute to work so fuel economy is a consideration.   I have looked on the website and failed to see how people are doing on gas.  The truck will be my primary ride.  I am leaning toward the F150 but I can't seem to find any accurate information on fuel usage.  I am interested in either a 4X2 or a 4X4 configuration, the 5.0 or the 3.5 or even the 2.7 with the 6 speed or the 10 speed tranny.  then there is the Ranger, LOL

If any members can give me any information, it would be appreciated.

I have a 2021 Ranger SuperCab 4WD and I regularly get 22-25 mpg empty. I can get over 31mpg with a balloon foot and level 55-60mph driving. I've put over 51,000mi on it and recently had the transmission software reflashed, which improved a harsh shifting condition, otherwise it's been a joy to drive. The Ranger fits better in my townhouse 22' W x24' L garage with plenty of clearance to open the doors of either vehicle; something that might have been an inconvenience with an 84in wide F150. 

I've always ben a V-by-God-and-Henry-Ford-8 guy, but the 2.3l Ecoboost 4cyl is a good match, Plenty of low end power and economical.

Mine is pretty much just for personal transportation, and I don't need heavy payload or towing capacity. When I'm not hauling sailboat fuel, i haul my 470lb adventure bike across timezones, ride & camp then load up the bike and head home.

The Ranger is hard to come by currently, very few have been built since the strike, but production should be ramping up. I ordered mine out and I recommend doing that no matter what vehicle you are considering. Most dealers order two or three different models with only the options that will sell readily, and it can be hard to find one that is equipped the way that you really want. 

• Like 1