Considering a Used Aviator – Owner Insights Needed (Family of 4)

Hi everyone, I'm based in the Denver metro area and am looking for some real-world feedback on the 2020+ Aviator, specifically the plug-in hybrid version. We are a family of four, and I do occasional towing (travel trailer around 3,800 lbs. loaded), but I have another vehicle I can use for that if needed. While I've researched fuel efficiency and features, my top priorities are reliability (including cost of repair for common issues), driving enjoyment, and overall ownership satisfaction. My daily commute is short (11 miles each way) and my budget is $35,000, but I’d like to be closer to $30,000. I also have a lot of flexibility regarding when I make the purchase (could be as late as next summer). 

If anyone has owned both the Lincoln Aviator and a Kia Sorento or Toyota Highlander, I'd especially love your comparative thoughts on these aspects, as those are the other vehicles I'm considering. 

I currently drive a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, which I love but has had too many mechanical issues. I’ve always driven Jeeps (five of them now) and have had great reliability with them (including two over 225K miles) until this last one - and it does look like it will be the last. 

One thing I would consider is that as of the 2025 Aviator the Plug In Hybrid is discontinued. So there is no longer any Aviator Hybrid.  Without a growing population of Lincoln PEV‘s I wouldn’t expect number and experience level of supporting people, equipment and parts to be expanding - probably will contract.

On 2/28/2024 at 9:48 AM, LHB said:

One thing I would consider is that as of the 2025 Aviator the Plug In Hybrid is discontinued. So there is no longer any Aviator Hybrid.  Without a growing population of Lincoln PEV‘s I wouldn’t expect number and experience level of supporting people, equipment and parts to be expanding - probably will contract.

Thank you - I wasn't aware it had been discontinued.