Sharonville Questions. (SHV)

fantasyfrank

Where are you from? Sharonville will be subject to backfill from batavia before any other transfers are honored.
You didn't answer my questions. (it dosen't matter where I'm from) Don't be so sure about the "backfill from Batavia" rule. The international rep at our plant told us that rule would be put on the backburner when it comes to the flowback situation, it will be filled by seniority. Like I said, that's what we were told. Maybe he is right, maybe he is wrong............now, back to my questions. What are the start times at your plant and how many people took the buyout?

What are the hours at your plant? (dayshift start times,etc) Also, how many people took the buyout?

Mrcvtman is correct, the positions vacated at SHV will be filled by BTV people first as per local agreement, take that to the bank! Your UAW regional rep will be educated about our local agreement and why and how it is very different from the national agreement and why SHV wont be open to 'nationwide flowback' as other plants will be. Those that cussed ZF will now thank the Union for having this local agreement!

Next, depending on what department your in dictates your start times. The 5R110W assembly line might start 5:00am one day 7:00am the next. depends on need. Whatever KY Truck does is what SHV does. FN is working 12 hour days right now. 6F & 6R are taking down weeks. CD4E components work whatever BTV works, and the torque converter depts take down weeks with Livonia and Van Dyke.

No answer to the number of people who have taken the buyouts or retirements. When I went to the SHV buyout plant wide meetings ( I went to the 9:30am and the 1:00pm meetings) and the same responce from both were 90% got up and left the meeting during the retirment explanation part. Less than 10 questions from the public at large between both meetings. It seems no one from SHV is interested. I asked some I knew from working with them and they all gave the same answer, "My plant isnt closing, so why should I sell out my job?".

Mrcvtman is correct, the positions vacated at SHV will be filled by BTV people first as per local agreement, take that to the bank! Your UAW regional rep will be educated about our local agreement and why and how it is very different from the national agreement and why SHV wont be open to 'nationwide flowback' as other plants will be. Those that cussed ZF will now thank the Union for having this local agreement!

Next, depending on what department your in dictates your start times. The 5R110W assembly line might start 5:00am one day 7:00am the next. depends on need. Whatever KY Truck does is what SHV does. FN is working 12 hour days right now. 6F & 6R are taking down weeks. CD4E components work whatever BTV works, and the torque converter depts take down weeks with Livonia and Van Dyke.

No answer to the number of people who have taken the buyouts or retirements. When I went to the SHV buyout plant wide meetings ( I went to the 9:30am and the 1:00pm meetings) and the same responce from both were 90% got up and left the meeting during the retirment explanation part. Less than 10 questions from the public at large between both meetings. It seems no one from SHV is interested. I asked some I knew from working with them and they all gave the same answer, "My plant isnt closing, so why should I sell out my job?".

Thanks for the honest reply. You may be right about our international rep being wrong. I'm going to get this confirmed tomorrow. SHV is on the flowback list...in a zone all by itself. Is there only one shift there at SHV?

Here we go with Mickey Being Goofy! He alway's steps up with all the details about everything. Hey MICKEY, Why did you attend both meetings at Sharonville? Are you working on writing an article to the paper?

MICKEY BEING GOOFY!!!!

What are you going to do BTV to SHV? Are you taking a buyout?

Here we go with Mickey Being Goofy! He alway's steps up with all the details about everything. Hey MICKEY, Why did you attend both meetings at Sharonville? Are you working on writing an article to the paper?

MICKEY BEING GOOFY!!!!

What are you going to do BTV to SHV? Are you taking a buyout?

No matter what I post on here, for some reason people believe I'm someone I'm not. And this has been the first forum post for me in about 2 weeks because when you produce facts, people shoot you down then accuse you of being a UAW suck up. I just attend meetings, read my labor agreement, then act. I dont let floor chatter dictate what I do. Take a look at my postings and you'll see that 98% of my postings have come to fruition or are contract! But no one will take the time to do that, will they?

Write an article for what paper? I have never written an article for any paper. I attended the SHV meetings to get a feel for what people might be doing. I got the feel that SHV people arnt going any where. So to answer the question, its EDOPP for me. Finish what I started years ago, before Ford.

i'm sure fantasy frank is doing what most of us are doing, trying to figure out where we could go that is close to home...i bet he is from Indy...i do sense a little aggitation in some of the responses to his inquiry...i never thought to hard about SHV((i'm at Indy ACH))but would welcome a opportunity to go there since it is close to Indy((i'm sure it is a long shot, but one never knows unless he pursues))...don't be haters, we are all in this together...

i'm sure fantasy frank is doing what most of us are doing, trying to figure out where we could go that is close to home...i bet he is from Indy...i do sense a little aggitation in some of the responses to his inquiry...i never thought to hard about SHV((i'm at Indy ACH))but would welcome a opportunity to go there since it is close to Indy((i'm sure it is a long shot, but one never knows unless he pursues))...don't be haters, we are all in this together...
Ding,ding,ding,ding!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a winner !!!!!!! Way to go slowilly, it took somebody from Indy to figure it out. (i'm so proud) There is no way anybody from SHV could be upset from somebody from Indy thinking about transfering to SHV, people from SHV have transfered to Indy by the boatloads over the years. I'm sure SHV people would welcome people from Indy just like Indy has welcomed people from SHV. Looks like we are one big happy family !!!

:yahoo:

Edited by fantasyfrank

Ding,ding,ding,ding!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a winner !!!!!!! Way to go slowilly, it took somebody from Indy to figure it out. (i'm so proud) There is no way anybody from SHV could be upset from somebody from Indy thinking about transfering to SHV, people from SHV have transfered to Indy by the boatloads over the years. I'm sure SHV people would welcome people from Indy just like Indy has welcomed people from SHV. Looks like we are one big happy family !!!

:yahoo:

Actually batavia people would have a big problem with that. Maybe, you should be asking your local why a transfer agreement was never negotiated with your plant. The transfer agreement that I was trying to explain to fantasy world frank just cant get it through his head. :doh: As explained by International uaw rep.....no backfill will be done to sharonville until all batavia employees have had the opportunity to move first. If there are still openings then there would be backfill. ( I doubt that there will be any, however ) So in other words...... spend your time researching a plant that you actually have a opportunity to get to.

Seriously, we are in this together....so check it out .....and then take my advise.

Edited by mrcvtman

Actually batavia people would have a big problem with that. Maybe, you should be asking your local why a transfer agreement was never negotiated with your plant. The transfer agreement that I was trying to explain to fantasy world frank just cant get it through his head. :doh: As explained by International uaw rep.....no backfill will be done to sharonville until all batavia employees have had the opportunity to move first. If there are still openings then there would be backfill. ( I doubt that there will be any, however ) So in other words...... spend your time researching a plant that you actually have a opportunity to get to.

Seriously, we are in this together....so check it out .....and then take my advise.

Well , in the 80's people from Sharonville was transferred to Indy when people from Indy was laid-off and yes people from Sharonville had less seniority than Indy people :shrug: ...go figure Guess Ford will do what they want to ...The way it was put to me is this is Ford's game and they will play it by their rules not the unions'...told to me by a Union Rep.

You must not be reading any of my earlier post's or you are brain dead. Our international rep (Chuck Browning is his name) told us last month (EVERYBODY heard it) that the local agreement with SHV & BTV would be put on hold and flowback people would get first bids on SHV...if flowback people have seniority, we are in. Chuck might be wrong, all I'm going by is what I was told. I'm spending my time researching on what I was told by an international rep. SHV is on the flowback list, I promise you. If Chuck is wrong, then so be it. If Chuck is right then I'm sure SHV will welcome Indy people.........God knows we have welcomed plenty of SHV people. I would of gotten called back to work sooner then I did but good ol' SHV people were working in our plant and I got held back. When I finally got in, we had 7 people alone in my dept that were from SHV. I'm looking foward to seeing everybody again. If BTV get's pissed, then let them get pissed. Just like I was pissed when SHV people kept me out of getting called back to Indy.....I got over being pissed and so will they.

You must not be reading any of my earlier post's or you are brain dead. Our international rep (Chuck Browning is his name) told us last month (EVERYBODY heard it) that the local agreement with SHV & BTV would be put on hold and flowback people would get first bids on SHV...if flowback people have seniority, we are in. Chuck might be wrong, all I'm going by is what I was told. I'm spending my time researching on what I was told by an international rep. SHV is on the flowback list, I promise you. If Chuck is wrong, then so be it. If Chuck is right then I'm sure SHV will welcome Indy people.........God knows we have welcomed plenty of SHV people. I would of gotten called back to work sooner then I did but good ol' SHV people were working in our plant and I got held back. When I finally got in, we had 7 people alone in my dept that were from SHV. I'm looking foward to seeing everybody again. If BTV get's pissed, then let them get pissed. Just like I was pissed when SHV people kept me out of getting called back to Indy.....I got over being pissed and so will they.

sounds like a lawsuit to me.