Lincoln rolls out plan to shift out of reverse

"Nothing like a refresh to keep a decade old vehicle fresh...................................what is wrong with ford."

First, nobody knows how extensive the "refresh" is. Second, the chassis has been upgraded throughout the production run, with the last chassis mods in 2K1 or so.

What is wrong with Ford? Many things. However, in this case, the TC's heavy fleet sales for livery use give the vehicle a niche, however much its detractors condemn. Ford was wise to revive the TC. I wish the Roush people made an 'enhanced' TC.

And, who knows? Maybe the re-fresh will be an improvement. It will promote accelerated fleet turn-over as the livery people retire elderly TC's, which means more sales.

While people who own Lexus and BMW sedans might sneer at it, Ford needs every profitable sale it can get, and it would be marketing folly to walk away from a large number of committed users, the livery industry, at this time. And maybe, if the refresh is really charming, it might capture some of the rear seat occupants who have had the pleasure of owning a cranky import.

Time will tell.

I guess I should have left the TC info out. It wasn't the significance of my post.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Nothing like a refresh to keep a decade old vehicle fresh...................................what is wrong with ford."

First, nobody knows how extensive the "refresh" is. Second, the chassis has been upgraded throughout the production run, with the last chassis mods in 2K1 or so.

What is wrong with Ford? Many things. However, in this case, the TC's heavy fleet sales for livery use give the vehicle a niche, however much its detractors condemn. Ford was wise to revive the TC. I wish the Roush people made an 'enhanced' TC.

And, who knows? Maybe the re-fresh will be an improvement. It will promote accelerated fleet turn-over as the livery people retire elderly TC's, which means more sales.

While people who own Lexus and BMW sedans might sneer at it, Ford needs every profitable sale it can get, and it would be marketing folly to walk away from a large number of committed users, the livery industry, at this time. And maybe, if the refresh is really charming, it might capture some of the rear seat occupants who have had the pleasure of owning a cranky import.

Time will tell.

Oh please, the fact that it is a refresh shows how pathetic Ford is being with the panthers.

After multiple decades on the market with simple mods to the chasis it is about Ford either completely remakes them or simply kills them. Ford simply has absolutely no sense of direction as Mullaly even mentioned yesterday, absolutely none at all.