Deboot--only a couple weeks left!

flint

Dave,

we only have a little time remaining to decide our future. So I ask you, what is going to happen once all of those taking this buyout leave AAI? I know the company has enough sense to already have a plan, and I'm sure you would know what it is. Is the line going to be able to run with 400 or more people gone?? Or is the company and our UNION going to allow more transfers' (from buyouts or layoffs' from other plants') into AAI? Knowing we are 500 over staffed as it is, and knowing we have been threatened about 440 people getting laid off, makes any transfers' in ridiculous. :stop: But I want your honest answer to this-not what I want to hear-for the sake of all of us and our families trying to plan our futures. thanks

It seems if we don't have a tun of time vested then its By By, I really don't want to think this way but MAN it sure as hell seems to be that way.....

If it looks like a duck and it walks like a duck then it just mite be a damn DUCK

It seems if we don't have a tun of time vested then its By By, I really don't want to think this way but MAN it sure as hell seems to be that way.....

If it looks like a duck and it walks like a duck then it just mite be a damn DUCK

I really am starting to think that Ford and (never mind !!!) :stop:

Edited by castro_bigdog

Dave,

we only have a little time remaining to decide our future. So I ask you, what is going to happen once all of those taking this buyout leave AAI? I know the company has enough sense to already have a plan, and I'm sure you would know what it is. Is the line going to be able to run with 400 or more people gone?? Or is the company and our UNION going to allow more transfers' (from buyouts or layoffs' from other plants') into AAI? Knowing we are 500 over staffed as it is, and knowing we have been threatened about 440 people getting laid off, makes any transfers' in ridiculous. :stop: But I want your honest answer to this-not what I want to hear-for the sake of all of us and our families trying to plan our futures. thanks

We have meet with the Company about this and they stated they don't know what they are going to do yet. I have another meeting with them on Tuesday and I will put what I know on the site and a letter in the plant ASAP I know how important this is to the membership...

We have meet with the Company about this and they stated they don't know what they are going to do yet. I have another meeting with them on Tuesday and I will put what I know on the site and a letter in the plant ASAP I know how important this is to the membership...

Man I hope you can tell us something Dave............. PLZ

Yeah Dave, I will be anxiuosly awaiting this info. I don't want to allow either the company or the union to cost me my job because they allowed higher senority to come over and displace us. By over staffing us thats exactly what WILL happen and both sides know it.(company and union) If you end up telling us this is whats going to happen, I hope you fight it... :stop:

Yeah Dave, I will be anxiuosly awaiting this info. I don't want to allow either the company or the union to cost me my job because they allowed higher senority to come over and displace us. By over staffing us thats exactly what WILL happen and both sides know it.(company and union) If you end up telling us this is whats going to happen, I hope you fight it... :stop:

yeah why should someone with more time with the company be able to work while lower senority emploees are laid off. You lower senority people should just bump all the higher senority people to the street, that sounds good. Why not bump Dave De Boot to the street he has his thirty, then you can take care of all this yourself. No one wants to loose their job, even the high senority emploees. Maybe you should think about the whole senority thing and remember there are people with less time than you that would like for you to hit the street and make room for them. :shades:

Is the line going to be able to run with 400 or more people gone?? Or is the company and our UNION going to allow more transfers' (from buyouts or layoffs' from other plants') into AAI? Knowing we are 500 over staffed as it is, and knowing we have been threatened about 440 people getting laid off, makes any transfers' in ridiculous. :stop:

As horrible as its sounds, I see only 2 posible ways we can still run.

1-transfer people in, yes this will eventually force low senority out. It's not right but what else is new. :banghead:

2-I'm sure you heard the nasty rumor going around about "market testing". Its just another term for outsourcing.=our jobs lost!

I know its hard to swallow but it could very well be the harsh reality. The only other alternative would be to get rid of the deadbeats that caused us to be over rolled in the first place. :sos: But I guess this idea would make too much sense.

Edited by XTCNAGT

As horrible as its sounds, I see only 2 posible ways we can still run.

1-transfer people in, yes this will eventually force low senority out. It's not right but what else is new. :banghead:

2-I'm sure you heard the nasty rumor going around about "market testing". Its just another term for outsourcing.=our jobs lost!

I know its hard to swallow but it could very well be the harsh reality. The only other alternative would be to get rid of the deadbeats that caused us to be over rolled in the first place. :sos: But I guess this idea would make too much sense.

There is another solution....let the people out who want to gopost-24999-1163278980_thumb.jpg

yeah why should someone with more time with the company be able to work while lower senority emploees are laid off. You lower senority people should just bump all the higher senority people to the street, that sounds good. Why not bump Dave De Boot to the street he has his thirty, then you can take care of all this yourself. No one wants to loose their job, even the high senority emploees. Maybe you should think about the whole senority thing and remember there are people with less time than you that would like for you to hit the street and make room for them. :shades:

This UNION is based on senority. I guess you would not say a word if a lower senority took a job bid with less time then you. And you put a bid on it to. And he got a better job with less senority and you were still in Trim & Final. Don't say high senority should be made to go because you don't know their personal reason why they stay. You are out of line.. Right now I have a job to do and I'm going to it the best I can for the membership... No matter what my senority is. I will at least finish this term..

that is a whole seperate issue.

it wouldn't be a solution to how we can run after buyouts.

You say that the American auto industry is not the money pit that they used to be

But Ford can afford to pay Mullally an HUGE (close to 40 Million) amount of money his first year alone (talk about stupid spending).... and yet he has the BALLS to say.... and it is all over the press today, how the hourly FORD worker is OVERPAID!!!

HELLO???? Who's overpaid?

To me NO Person Is worth that kind of change unless he is going to save the world from falling off its axis

And for some reason I do not thnk Mullally qualifies.

Although to fix the pension problems for the original AAI people may not be the answer as to how

AAI is gonna run after everyone leaves

it sure would help to keep the employees who want to be there THERE

The Employees who want to come here COME

And the ones who want to leave LEAVE

The point is if my plant is not in danger of any CURRENT closings, that shouldnt mean its a free for all for all you HIGH senority peeps to come take what you think is yours. If us low senorities were going to be bumped because you feel MY plant is yours for the taking, then that would have to be voted on, but my point is dont over staff us and then in 6 months claim layoffs due to bad attendance...

The point is if my plant is not in danger of any CURRENT closings, that shouldnt mean its a free for all for all you HIGH senority peeps to come take what you think is yours. If us low senorities were going to be bumped because you feel MY plant is yours for the taking, then that would have to be voted on, but my point is dont over staff us and then in 6 months claim layoffs due to bad attendance...

I understand your point and you have gotten mine. This is rough times for everyone and this company can not survive without someone loosing their jobs, I was trying to be sarcastic and remind all of us union brothers that everything is based on senority. Dave De Boot is the man you want fighting for you and your plant but somethings are out of his control. I hope the best happens and we all build cars and trucks for years to come, but if not senority rights are clearly noted in the contract. Good luck to all :shades:

This UNION is based on senority. I guess you would not say a word if a lower senority took a job bid with less time then you. And you put a bid on it to. And he got a better job with less senority and you were still in Trim & Final. Don't say high senority should be made to go because you don't know their personal reason why they stay. You are out of line.. Right now I have a job to do and I'm going to it the best I can for the membership... No matter what my senority is. I will at least finish this term..

Dave relax I am on your side, was trying to be a smart ass, and not doing a good job. Just wanted to remind everyone that senority is the basis of the union. I would want no one else fighting for me than you . Keep up the good work and the information flowing. :rockon:

I understand your point and you have gotten mine. This is rough times for everyone and this company can not survive without someone loosing their jobs, I was trying to be sarcastic and remind all of us union brothers that everything is based on senority. Dave De Boot is the man you want fighting for you and your plant but somethings are out of his control. I hope the best happens and we all build cars and trucks for years to come, but if not senority rights are clearly noted in the contract. Good luck to all :shades:

Dave relax I am on your side, was trying to be a smart ass, and not doing a good job. Just wanted to remind everyone that senority is the basis of the union. I would want no one else fighting for me than you . Keep up the good work and the information flowing. :rockon:

O.k. so then you show me where it says in the contract that senority can bump people out of their jobs between plants?? You can't--unless you have a sister plant or share bumping rights between plants. Again, its not a free for all-senority only goes so far. Unfortunately, my plant/union has a history of bringing in too many transfers and then threatening layoffs'. It's a shame I have too worry about what my local may allow--come through for us Dave! :shades:

If they have more sen then you then they deserve a job before you they earned it so stop crying!!!!!!!!!!!

O.k. so then you show me where it says in the contract that senority can bump people out of their jobs between plants?? You can't--unless you have a sister plant or share bumping rights between plants. Again, its not a free for all-senority only goes so far. Unfortunately, my plant/union has a history of bringing in too many transfers and then threatening layoffs'. It's a shame I have too worry about what my local may allow--come through for us Dave! :shades:

Then take the buyout and shut up!!!!!!!!!!

If they have more sen then you then they deserve a job before you they earned it so stop crying!!!!!!!!!!!

Then take the buyout and shut up!!!!!!!!!!

What an idiot--typical--No response to show me where it says in our contract that your preciuos senority earns you a spot at any plant you so desire??? Thats because it doesnt exist!!!!!

I hope it does. I didn't pick what plant I am working in, Ford did. When I took the test to be hired, I was under the impression I would be placed into Woodhaven where my application was from, but I was placed into a future ACH plant. Why should I be punished 13 years later when they decide they don't want it anymore, and there are people with less than 5 years working for the company in my zone? Think about it. No plant is safe. You may not want it now, but if your plant closes, you will be whining for it.

I believe it will happen.How can you argue it?

I cant, even with my little 10 yrs

Dave this is not about job picks, this is about the strongest survive. Just because you have " SENORITY",

does not make you a asset to the company. For to long the only thing you had to do was, show up to work sometimes, and the union made sure you wouldn't lose your job. This must change!

In the real world, if I was a nurse and I couldn't stand the sight of blood, would they let me be a nurse?

As a auto worker, if I can't use power tools, or can't keep up with the line, should I still get paid as everyone that can?

Start putting some of my union dues toward people who show up to work, worry about work quality, and make the company money. If you don't work, you can't stay, regardless of your hire in date.

We must go to a merit system now!

The Union should be based on merit, in order to regain any credability.

Todd A. Zellak (1-28-00)

Unit 34 trim& final (Days)

Dave this is not about job picks, this is about the strongest survive. Just because you have " SENORITY",

does not make you a asset to the company. For to long the only thing you had to do was, show up to work sometimes, and the union made sure you wouldn't lose your job. This must change!

In the real world, if I was a nurse and I couldn't stand the sight of blood, would they let me be a nurse?

As a auto worker, if I can't use power tools, or can't keep up with the line, should I still get paid as everyone that can?

Start putting some of my union dues toward people who show up to work, worry about work quality, and make the company money. If you don't work, you can't stay, regardless of your hire in date.

Todd A. Zellak (1-28-00)

Let me get this straight Todd,

If you have Seniotity, the Union and the Company should toss yoy to the curb because yoy may be older and less productive?

You are out of line with this way of thinking.........These so called old timers paved the road for your young ass!.........Grow some seniority, then we will talk!.....jesus christ, I cant understand where you are coming from.ask me to pull your H160....Lets compare your record with theres!.........as a matter of fact, may be I will do that, and give you a visit tommorow!.........How bout it? Todd.......care to share that with the old timers you want to throw to the curb?

UAW. District Rep Trim and Final.............AUTO ALLIANCE.....Guess who? I know you, do you know me?

Todd A. Zellak (1-28-00)

How about a challenge Todd?.....MR.2000 seniority who would love to throw the Seniorty to the curb?........

Lets compare the H160's with yours.......

Put your money where your mouth is........

I may be your Dist. Rep........

If you have Seniotity, the Union and the Company should toss yoy to the curb because yoy may be older and less productive?

You are out of line with this way of thinking.........These so called old timers paved the road for your young ass!.........Grow some seniority, then we will talk!.....jesus christ, I cant understand where you are coming from.ask me to pull your H160....Lets compare your record with theres!.........as a matter of fact, may be I will do that, and give you a visit tommorow!.........How bout it? Todd.......care to share that with the old timers you want to throw to the curb?

UAW. District Rep Trim and Final.............AUTO ALLIANCE.....Guess who? I know you, do you know me?

How about a challenge Todd?.....MR.2000 seniority who would love to throw the Seniorty to the curb?........

All I'm saying is if you have 2 years, or 20, if you dont't work get out. Nobody is kicking anybody out, if you productive! Dont'abuse the system.

I have many friends that have high seniority that are great workers and have taught

me alot, don't put words in my mouth. My mom did 30 yrs. at Fords. I don't think people should be let go just based on seniority, high or low. My opinion, other things should be considered. Or do you think everything is A.O.K.

I put my name not to look for conflict, but to show I'm not going to hide behind my words the way many people do.

I have many friends that have high seniority that are great workers and have taught

me alot, don't put words in my mouth. My mom did 30 yrs. at Fords. I don't think people should be let go just based on seniority, high or low. My opinion, other things should be considered. Or do you think everything is A.O.K.

I put my name not to look for conflict, but to show I'm not going to hide behind my words the way many people do.

No, not all job have power tools and are on line. There are many jobs that high seniorty people should have and do. It's the people that won't do anythng that I'm talking about, and I bet you know some of them.