Breaking news at AAP

hendew_15

Did you read the title?

Yes it is true they are opening up the buyout to us GEN employees left here at AAP till the 27th deadline.There are only about 40 in GEN that actually want to transfer(not including trades) and that number may be smaller after today.

Discuss

Don't take this the wrong way but I don't understand why this is "breaking news" as I was under the impression that all Ford workers were offered buyouts. I know I have to be missing something, please explain.

I think what he meant is that, he and 39 others decided to stay after AAP closed and buy-out was expired and hoping to get transfer, and now the company "MERCIFULLY" came back and giving'em one more "last chance" to take the buy out before the expiration date (Nov.27th), and their hope of transfer is gettting bleak and tiresome, so some may just take the buy out and forget about transfer. I think that what he meant.

I think what he meant is that, he and 39 others decided to stay after AAP closed and buy-out was expired and hoping to get transfer, and now the company "MERCIFULLY" came back and giving'em one more "last chance" to take the buy out before the expiration date (Nov.27th), and their hope of transfer is gettting bleak and tiresome, so some may just take the buy out and forget about transfer. I think that what he meant.
Once again, I'm confused as "buyouts" hasn't expired. Ford plants have until Nov. 27th to sign up for buyouts do they not? How can "buyouts" be expired at AAP, is it because the plant is closed? Just because it's closed, they are still Ford workers, no matter if they are in GEN or waiting for transfer...which I guess is the same thing.....whatever.

Frank, if you read the buyout info that was put out a couple of months back, it was also on the UAW web site, there were special dates put in for the people at AAP, due to the fact that they we being idled. Atlanta was the first plant to start off this round and they were also the first to have a cut-off. Some on e please correct me if I am wrong, but I think the good folks in Atlanta only had a 3 week window in which to sign up for a buy out.

Frank, if you read the buyout info that was put out a couple of months back, it was also on the UAW web site, there were special dates put in for the people at AAP, due to the fact that they we being idled. Atlanta was the first plant to start off this round and they were also the first to have a cut-off. Some on e please correct me if I am wrong, but I think the good folks in Atlanta only had a 3 week window in which to sign up for a buy out.
Ok, thanks for the reply, now I get it.

Didn't you guys have a chance to go to Ky? That's gotta be the closet plant from AAP.

Yes in AAP there was a very short window for production to sign up to go. A few just didn't have the info. or time to decide. There were no skilled trade openings then or now. :rant: Some regret not signing up for KY. and hope they get another chance.