Roush taking over SVT's role?

JETSOLVER

Well, I'm not surprised to see SVT product largely on hold until 2010 or so, since the same has apparently undergone a pretty fundamental restructuring (which I think it needed by the way)

As for Roush taking over, I think that what they meant was simply that until SVT is back delivering vehicles betwen the GT500 and GT Roush may be the only answer to vehicles as well balanced as were SVT's which sticker for less than does the GT500.

Frankly, I'm somewhat disappointed by that insinuation given that it bluntly dismisses the possibility that the upcoming Bullitt can adequately fill this niche and does so before we've even seen solid rumours of what that car might be. That car's outsourced production seems to be a big part of their problem with it, which I could understand were it not for the fact that SVT was a master of outsourcing. So outsourcing is grand, but only if SVT does it?

These guys seem to be talking out of both sides of their face to me.

Edited by jlsaylor

• 1 month later...
SALEEN

Umm, have you more details? There is nothing on the Saleen site, and if they are to be the new SVT, there might be a bit of an uproar as Steve has doubled down big time by agreeing to work with GM on the Camaro. Talk about fraternizing with the enemy...

Not that Steve hasn't been there for Ford in the past, but I can see that the way Ford has spread its goo everywhere else(lessee here, Roush, Shelby, Foose, and a whole bunch more who don't matter a damn), it might be time for him to find a new niche, one with less competition. I doubt it would be very hard to source a few new LS7's or LS9's for the S7 and keep it at the leading edge....the man has the credibility to step right in to Camaro tuning, and he already signed P.J. to exclusivity. Penske/Donahue LS9 edition Camaro anyone...?

• 1 month later...