Quiting and buyout ?s

napbob

There are some people at nap who have jobs lined up that were going to miss out on their buyouts because they were going to be forced to stay at nap till the end. It appears that if you walk in and quit before Monday at 5pm you leave right then but still get the 100 grand. I guess this was maybe common knowledge at the other plants but we didn't know anything about it until Wednesday. Does anybody know if you sign up for the buyout and then wait till after the beginning of the year to quit can you still get the buyout?

There are some people at nap who have jobs lined up that were going to miss out on their buyouts because they were going to be forced to stay at nap till the end. It appears that if you walk in and quit before Monday at 5pm you leave right then but still get the 100 grand. I guess this was maybe common knowledge at the other plants but we didn't know anything about it until Wednesday. Does anybody know if you sign up for the buyout and then wait till after the beginning of the year to quit can you still get the buyout?

Sounds pretty risky...

A few quit on Wednesday and have in writing they are getting their buyouts and some more are quitting on Monday. I don't know if any production have quit yet.

If u quit b4 your date HR gave you to leave....u r a fool & will just cause

yourself unnecessary problems! Ford can probably choose to NOT give

you your buyout....u better be very sure b4 doin this... i wouldnt risk it..

not w/ a $100k @ stake!

A few quit on Wednesday and have in writing they are getting their buyouts and some more are quitting on Monday. I don't know if any production have quit yet.

Someone is misleading you,don't you think if you were able to quit FORD at anytime and still collect a $100,000 that everyone signed up for a buyout would have already quit and every FORD plant would not even be able to run production due to thousands of people quitting...If you quit on Monday you can bet FORD will not give you your money! You will exit FORD when FORD SAYS SO!!!

My buyout was going to be effective Dec. 1st. I have a couple of tentative things that may produce another job, but nothing definite. I went to the HR manager, who has discretion on buyout effective dates, and asked if there was any chance of getting an extension. His reply, and I quote:

"You were given a date, and I am not going to change it. I don't care if you take a buyout or not."

I would think that it would be the same at your plant, but who knows.

hey was that micheal SHIT karpac ?

Shad.

I from MTP and a guy working beside me quit Wednesday. He came back to grab his jacket and said that he still gets the $$$$$$. I wasn't sure if I beleived him until the union came down to verify it with another employee- who quit at lunch. Whether, they'll get there $$$$$$ or not remains to be seen. Check with labor if you are considering this option.

The union,labor and nesc or whatever the 1-866 number all backed it up so if it's a conspiracy they are all in on it. I just don't know if you sign up for the buyout now and then quit at a latter time if you still get the buyout.I'm thinking most likely not.

The union,labor and nesc or whatever the 1-866 number all backed it up so if it's a conspiracy they are all in on it. I just don't know if you sign up for the buyout now and then quit at a latter time if you still get the buyout.I'm thinking most likely not.

Ford Motor Co. wants 30,000 employees off of the rolls, no matter what. The deadline is fast approaching and the numbers are not in their favor. Management has spread rumors before to produce a desired effect. Better make darn sure it's legit, before you quit.

Well, whether right or wrong, it's too late. Me, and about 50 other people that were supposed to go Dec. 1st signed off Friday. More to come Monday as well.

well that's fine....i mean it is your right ! but not me..i'm going flowback!

i figure alot would sign off of the buyout....

Bottom up. What really sucks is we have about 60 to 70 people on the bottom of the list that were Visteon employees until the last contract. When they go to GEN, they must be placed before anybody flows back anywhere.

strange, the ol' chairman doesn't know anything!!! i asked him....oh well!!

i think most flowbackers will go before contract.....