Mazda CX7 Adrenaline

Blue Oval Guide

Saw it at SEMA, it looks incredible, the paint on it is flawless..

I'd love to have one of those..

There was an Edge at SEMA that I took a picture of that I haven't seen anywhere online to get more info, was in a hurry and could only get one picture of it. I'll start a new thread for it..

At the same time, is the 2.3l DIG turbo enough motor for an "Adrenaline?" I'm not so sure. I drove the CX7 at one of the Mazda events, and while it's not slow, it's certainly middle-of-the-pack when it comes to power production for it's class. How about some DIG heads for a turbo V6 or V8? Or, wick up the boost and make 300/300 out of the 4-cyl? Also not so sure about a stick; sure, the turbo spools fast, but with the long throws a 6-speed'll have in that car, it'll remove some of the fun of rowing your own gears. I think the 6spd auto would be just fine for it, assuming it can handle the power.

"I drove the CX7 at one of the Mazda events, and while it's not slow, it's certainly middle-of-the-pack when it comes to power production for it's class."

I've read criticism that the CX-7 is a little sluggish off the line/down low until the turbo spools up. I like to put my foot down and feel like my vehicle is responsive at all times, across the RPM range (especially off the line). It doesn't have to be the fastest, it just has to feel powerful and get you out of tight situations without hesitation or struggling. What did you think?

• 3 weeks later...