Ford C-Max

With the axing of the focus wagon has anyone heard of news that the C-Max would replace it? I will be purchasing a second car come spring/summer but with out being to order a Focus wagon, the biggest I would like to go, the C-max fits the bill.

DRyanC

So far, I haven't seen a single rumor of the C-max coming to the US in the next few model years. To be honest, the absolute closest thing to it, in the US, that is in the Ford family, is the Mazda5. Give it a look. After that, you can then look at the volvo V50 (thought, for less money, you can get the better performing, more spacious, more economical, and somewhat more stylish Mazda 6 wagon).

I though about the mazda5 but it gets terrible mileage. The C-Max is shorter than the focus wagon so it's alot shorter than the 5. A V50 is well over in price than a focus wagon, but if I did have unlimited funds a V50 would be the choice for the wife. The Mazda6 wagon is only offered with the V6 and pretty much fully loaded. This car I need to buy will 99% of the time only see 50kph, 30mph. So I don't need horsepower, it has to get the same or better mileage than my current ZX3 but be under $20,000 CND. I would like to buy ford as my father is a retiree and I can get A-plan but come May I don't see any product that fits. I've been leaning towards the Versa from nissan or a matrix, but the nissan has the same luggage space as the ZX3 and I would like something with the space of a Foucs wagon but they are done this month and I'll be ready com may/june. The only problem I see with a Focus wagon is the interior, if I wanted a folded piece of cardboard to sit on I would drive a soap box car. Why can't they use the ZX5 interior in a wagon. I think I don't really want to have 2 Focus. which is why the C-max fit's now!

I have a lot of friends that bought Honda, Toyota only because the don't like what For NA has to offer, but they would all consider Ford if they sold the European product here. But I'm just ranting to myself.

DRyanC

I though about the mazda5 but it gets terrible mileage. The C-Max is shorter than the focus wagon so it's alot shorter than the 5. A V50 is well over in price than a focus wagon, but if I did have unlimited funds a V50 would be the choice for the wife. The Mazda6 wagon is only offered with the V6 and pretty much fully loaded. This car I need to buy will 99% of the time only see 50kph, 30mph. So I don't need horsepower, it has to get the same or better mileage than my current ZX3 but be under $20,000 CND. I would like to buy ford as my father is a retiree and I can get A-plan but come May I don't see any product that fits. I've been leaning towards the Versa from nissan or a matrix, but the nissan has the same luggage space as the ZX3 and I would like something with the space of a Foucs wagon but they are done this month and I'll be ready com may/june. The only problem I see with a Focus wagon is the interior, if I wanted a folded piece of cardboard to sit on I would drive a soap box car. Why can't they use the ZX5 interior in a wagon. I think I don't really want to have 2 Focus. which is why the C-max fit's now!

I have a lot of friends that bought Honda, Toyota only because the don't like what For NA has to offer, but they would all consider Ford if they sold the European product here. But I'm just ranting to myself.

DRyanC

Not sure what you mean by terrible gas mileage? Check the M5 forums and reviews (like Motor Week and http://www.msprotege.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=194) most folks are getting between 25 and 30 fairly consistently...I get about 25-26 MPG in the city and 28-31 on the highway with an auto and I would not consider myself to be slow mo, but also not stupid either. Mazda3 foundation for nice handling and a great package around it.

SparcEE