Can someone please answer a question on temps?

2-dogs

I know that there are plants out there who have had temporary part time people working for a long time. Do they get cost of living added to their checks like permanent employees do? We have been waiting for an answer from international for a week, which shouldnt surprise anyone. I thought someone would be able to tell me on blue oval.Thanks!

I know that there are plants out there who have had temporary part time people working for a long time. Do they get cost of living added to their checks like permanent employees do? We have been waiting for an answer from international for a week, which shouldnt surprise anyone. I thought someone would be able to tell me on blue oval.Thanks!

I dont know anything about the tpt's getting cola, but i know all about international taking their time and dragging their feet! unless its something to sell us down the river, or kiss the plant managers ass, then they will be right there!! Remember how fast they reacted when they were pushing to get everyone to vote for co-pay for the retirees and give up our raise? Mr. fox put 700 miles on his car that day! the rouge plant was walking the plant with 5 gallon buckets collecting votes. amazingly it passed by 51%! These guys are definately on the goodguy list! yea right!

yes, they do get cola.

after 8 months they do get insurance

and if they work 3 days in a week, they can count that week towards their 26 weeks wage progression to get the 5% raise.

also, one that most people forget, after 3 continuous months of service, they get paid for any holiday that falls on a Monday or Friday because thats the only days TPT's are suppossed to work.

I know these for a fact because back when I was a TPT, I won grievences on above issues.

Hope this helps you out.

yes, they do get cola.

and if they work 3 days in a week, they can count that week towards their 26 weeks wage progression to get the 5% raise.

also, one that most people forget, after 3 continuous months of service, they get paid for any holiday that falls on a Monday or Friday because thats the only days TPT's are suppossed to work.

I know these for a fact because back when I was a TPT, I won grievences on above issues.

Hope this helps you out.

These are TFT's (Temporary Full Time). They will work 5 days a week, not Monday and Friday. They sign a waiver before starting work giving up most, if not all rights that anyone working beyond 89 days would obtain. They will never be hired full time unless after all transfers have taken place, that it is determined there is a need.

Being TFT's, this may or not be laid out in the contract as these are special circumstances and there's probably a letter of understanding between Ford and the UAW regarding these temporary workers. They do pay Union dues so they aren't scabs as some proclaim them to be.

GM is doing the same thing.

Edited by Twincam Harley

yes, they do get cola.

Hope this helps you out.

Thank you very much! you have been very helpful.

These are TFT's (Temporary Full Time). They will work 5 days a week, not Monday and Friday. They sign a waiver before starting work giving up most, if not all rights that anyone working beyond 89 days would obtain. They will never be hired full time unless after all transfers have taken place, that it is determined there is a need.

Being TFT's, this may or not be laid out in the contract as these are special circumstances and there's probably a letter of understanding between Ford and the UAW regarding these temporary workers. They do pay Union dues so they aren't scabs as some proclaim them to be.

GM is doing the same thing.

Thanks for the info! Sounds like you work at Lep. Is that correct?