All Ford brands see sales drop in the USA except...

...Land Rover. According to my local news paper Land Rover is celebrating because it looks as though they are the only Ford brand to grow their market share in the USA. Even Mazda saw sales drop it seems. Land Rover have even bucked the market and are the only 4x4 maker to see sales increasing over the full 12 months of 2006. They are also feeling pretty chipper because US sales have now overtaken UK sales, despite the fact that the Freelander wasn't being sold in the USA due to a shortage of engines.

So one question springs to mind. Why on earth aren't Ford expanding Land Rover more quickly? We will have to wait another 3 years before Land Rover even starts developing the new baby Landie. Why the wait? We want this car now! And why aren't Ford thinking Premium Land Rover Pickups for the USA or Luxury cars using the Range Rover brand.

Come on Ford. Land Rover is your most exciting brand at the moment. We want more Land Rovers please! Stop mucking about with cars that won't sell and give us cars that will sell.

I think with a high quality LR2, Land Rover's US lineup is pretty much complete, unless they want to bring back the Defender.

They just need to continually update and revise the Range Rover, LR3, and Range Rover Sport.

It'd be nice if the next Range Rover had a LWB option for 3-rows of seating.

I think with a high quality LR2, Land Rover's US lineup is pretty much complete, unless they want to bring back the Defender.

They just need to continually update and revise the Range Rover, LR3, and Range Rover Sport.

It'd be nice if the next Range Rover had a LWB option for 3-rows of seating.

I think a LWB version for the US market would make sense. In Europe a model to sit below the Freelander would also sell well. But why stop there? Surely a Pickup would sell in the USA and a lower to the ground Crossover could also do well.