BUYOUT CHECKS AT NAP.

DukeNukem

Did you get a phone call or how did you here???

The plant called and left a message for me around 1:30. I called back around 3:30 and they told me I could pick up the check from 8 to 10 on Fri. So you figure it took them 7 weeks to process the info. So if you go off that it should be middle of Feb to get to the Jan. 1 people. But remember that was in the middle of the Dec. holidays also.

Guys all I can say now is that it was a great run while it lasted and I wish the best to those who are leaving Ford to pursue other jobs and good luck to those who are staying.

The plant called and left a message for me around 1:30. I called back around 3:30 and they told me I could pick up the check from 8 to 10 on Fri. So you figure it took them 7 weeks to process the info. So if you go off that it should be middle of Feb to get to the Jan. 1 people. But remember that was in the middle of the Dec. holidays also.

Guys all I can say now is that it was a great run while it lasted and I wish the best to those who are leaving Ford to pursue other jobs and good luck to those who are staying.

It only took 7 weeks cause they screwed it up. Im hoping now that they know what they are doing we should have ours alot sooner.

Got it today. Long line lots of confusion as you would expect. One thing I did not think about is because the check is so big when I went to deposit it they hold it for 12 days. Oh well............. good luck guys.

So the amount of the check was??????????? We heard $61,XXX on the floor today which seems lower than expected; could anyone possibly explain this? Are FICA taxes higher at the beginning of the year? You could also provide the break down of taxes: Fed, State etc. Thanks.

HEY THANKS FOR THE UPDATE GUYS !

GREAT NEWS INDEED !

I went out Nov. 27th and relocated back up to the Philadelphia area so even though Ive been at a new job since the 1st week of December I've been dying waiting for NAP to get their act together so I can start actively stock trading using my VectorVest software with my buyout.

I got through to Angela in HR and she confirmed that they did indeed get my check and it was dropped in the mail today to my new address up here !

Well at least I wont have to worry about any additional taxes until 4/2008.....

HEY...GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS TO ALL OF YOU AT NAP AND I HOPE ALL YOUR HOPES AND DREAMS BEGIN TO COME TRUE IN 2007 !!!

We all have earned EVERY penny of that buyout....!!!

I finally can close this chapter in my life and move on.....Amen !

Take care everyone !

And may God richly bless you and your families as we move on beyond FOMOCO !

So the amount of the check was??????????? We heard $61,XXX on the floor today which seems lower than expected; could anyone possibly explain this? Are FICA taxes higher at the beginning of the year? You could also provide the break down of taxes: Fed, State etc. Thanks.

25000 FED

5750 Virginia

6045 FICA

1450 Medicare

TOTAL: 38245.00

25000 FED

5750 Virginia

6045 FICA

1450 Medicare

TOTAL: 38245.00

Thats murder ,rape,blackmail ,extortion , domestic abuse , chemical warfare , a terrorist act,and a flesh wound all rolled into one. :banghead::censored:

Thats sickening to see. I threw up on the dog when I saw that. How the fuck is the fed government entitled to that much ? There has to be a way to keep most of that,or get much of it back at tax time next year.

:soapbox: :heartbreaker

TexasBound .... So when are the fed's gonna get their money ? And how do you plan on keeping that much ?

Edited by NorfolkBuilt

I claimed 99 on they didnt take any federal out! I was shocked. I heard that it wouldnt make a difference. I was floored when I opened my check and it was for $88,605.00

Here 's the breakdown.

100000 payment

$0 Federal!

$6045 FICA

$1450 Medicare

$3900 State

$11395 total deductions.

$88,605 check. I'm on the way to the bank now to cash it . Leaving for Texas Feb 1st :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I claimed 99 on they didnt take any federal out! I was shocked. I heard that it wouldnt make a difference. I was floored when I opened my check and it was for $88,605.00

Here 's the breakdown.

100000 payment

$0 Federal!

$6045 FICA

$1450 Medicare

$3900 State

$11395 total deductions.

$88,605 check. I'm on the way to the bank now to cash it . Leaving for Texas Feb 1st :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I went to NAP today & picked up my check too! Did anybody else notice that your YTD FEDERAL W2 GROSS was greater than $100,000? I figured that it equalled 40 hours plus cost of living ($1.99). If you look next to EXC ABS PAID, that too equals 40. The only money I got from Ford this year is $100,000. The way I see it, I should have a 40 hour check somewhere...agree??? :stirpot:

I went to NAP today & picked up my check too! Did anybody else notice that your YTD FEDERAL W2 GROSS was greater than $100,000? I figured that it equalled 40 hours plus cost of living ($1.99). If you look next to EXC ABS PAID, that too equals 40. The only money I got from Ford this year is $100,000. The way I see it, I should have a 40 hour check somewhere...agree??? :stirpot:

When I got my check , i got my due vacation time also. My YTD was over $100,000 also, but I picked up 2 checks today. Seems like they didnt give u your vacation check. Call or go and pick that up.

Got it today. Long line lots of confusion as you would expect. One thing I did not think about is because the check is so big when I went to deposit it they hold it for 12 days. Oh well............. good luck guys.

don't worry, it won't take that long. my bank put a 10 day hold and it cleared in 2 days. the banks just do it till it clears. i say u will have the funds monday or tuesday, just keep checking. good luck with everything!!

Here 's the breakdown.

100000 payment

$0 Federal!

$6045 FICA

$1450 Medicare

$3900 State

$11395 total deductions.

i'd save some of that because they obviously fucked up. everyone has to pay federal taxes!!u are just going to owe in next year and it's going to be alot. [sorry to tell you]

Here 's the breakdown.

100000 payment

$0 Federal!

$6045 FICA

$1450 Medicare

$3900 State

$11395 total deductions.

I SPECIFICALLY asked a Certified VA Public Accountant about this and he told me "It doesn't make any difference if you claim 1 million; they are still going to tax it the same way as claiming 1. It's considered a bonus and the amount of exemptions has no bearing on the tax being withheld” So did the laws change for 2007 or something???

don't worry, it won't take that long. my bank put a 10 day hold and it cleared in 2 days. the banks just do it till it clears. i say u will have the funds monday or tuesday, just keep checking. good luck with everything!!

Thanks for the info Fins. 12 days seemed kind of long for a Ford check to clear.

I SPECIFICALLY asked a Certified VA Public Accountant about this and he told me "It doesn't make any difference if you claim 1 million; they are still going to tax it the same way as claiming 1. It's considered a bonus and the amount of exemptions has no bearing on the tax being withheld” So did the laws change for 2007 or something???

Yeah I'm not sure. I was damn sure shocked when i opened the check. Just got off the phone with a buddy who took the buyout. His check was also expempt from the Fed taxes.

Here 's the breakdown.

100000 payment

$0 Federal!

$6045 FICA

$1450 Medicare

$3900 State

$11395 total deductions.

Did you claim 99 or "Exempt" ?