Transfers btw. ACH plants ?

whereswaldo

I was just told at lunch today that SRP hilo mechanics are being canvassed to transfer to Saline plant. Word is too many mechanics took buyouts @ Saline and they need at least one to pick up the slack. Didnt think they would trasnfer btw. ACH plants but who knows. Can any Saline trades confirm the need for mechanics there ???

I was just told at lunch today that SRP hilo mechanics are being canvassed to transfer to Saline plant. Word is too many mechanics took buyouts @ Saline and they need at least one to pick up the slack. Didnt think they would trasnfer btw. ACH plants but who knows. Can any Saline trades confirm the need for mechanics there ???

We have people from Utica and Milan coming in so someone coming from SRP wouldn't suprise me. The people transferring to Saline are not coming from Ford plants.

Yes I can confirm that the garage is getting very lonely here at saline. If all the mechanics who say they are leaving do not back out(we should find out very soon) then by spring there will only be me and two other mechanics left out of the 10 we had a year ago. We lost one to the last buyout that was not replaced. We have already lost 3 more to this buyout and we have 3 more to go of which one is a retirement as soon as he gets his time in for the year. We had 11 mechanics three years ago.

We here rumors that there is at least one mechanic that wants to transfer here from another ACH plant. Something is going to happen very soon or else saline will be screwed as far as having lift trucks to use......we are getting very behind in our inspections. We have 110 fork lift trucks, give or take, and a few dozen burden carriers and bicycles and tow motors and a lot of other equipment to service.

We here rumors that there is at least one mechanic that wants to transfer here from another ACH plant. Something is going to happen very soon or else saline will be screwed as far as having lift trucks to use......we are getting very behind in our inspections. We have 110 fork lift trucks, give or take, and a few dozen burden carriers and bicycles and tow motors and a lot of other equipment to service.

Yes, I was told today that one of our mechanics (SRP), agreed to transfer to Saline. It cuts his drive time & gas $$ in half.

Yes, I was told today that one of our mechanics (SRP), agreed to transfer to Saline. It cuts his drive time & gas $$ in half.

Yep we were told the one that wants to come to saline lives out this way. We were also told that there was a mechanic laid off that doesn't want to come and one that was not laid off that did so it has been seniority issues that have held things up. Our supervisor has no idea even what is going on.

At Sandusky ACH we had 8 mechanics and 4 took the buyout. We have 2 more on the flow back list. We are way behind on PM services. We have heard that Ohio Truck (Avon Lake) has a posting for skilled trades that are retiring can put their names in to come to Sandusky after they retire from Ford. This is for all trades not just mechanics.