Australian I6 engine

skor

Why should the BMW guys have all the fun? Ford produces a turbo I6 engine in Australia that makes 360HP and 400 ft-lb torque. I would love an engine like this in a rear drive sedan or coupe for the US market. How about it, Ford?

Edited by skor

Why should the BMW guys have all the fun? Ford produces a turbo I6 engine in Australia that makes 360HP and 400 ft-lb torque. I would love an engine like this in a rear drive sedan or coupe for the US market. How about it, Ford?

how about a Twin Turbocharged, direct injected 3.5l V6 producing 415hp and some 380ft/lbs of torque? It is called TwinForce and it is coming.

But yes, the Turbo I6 are nice.

Igor

The story goes that the 2008 Fairmont Ghia will have a turbo 6 option and sports suspension. apparently the new styling is a mix of Audi and Ford. FOA have comitted to a LHD model and this seems like the one, unfortunately I think its off to the Middle East.