HVC Transfers

SLAP SPARKIE

We are in GEN at SLAP. We were wondering if the openings at the HVC plants were just offered to St. Louis, Atlanta, and Edison or did they offer them system wide. We heard that they offered them system wide but the enhanced moving allowance was only being offered to The first three I mentioned. If any other plants were offered these transfered we were curious. Its been to days since the deadline for signing up and we are getting no information. If they were offering these transfers system wide that would explain the delay.

We are in GEN at SLAP. We were wondering if the openings at the HVC plants were just offered to St. Louis, Atlanta, and Edison or did they offer them system wide. We heard that they offered them system wide but the enhanced moving allowance was only being offered to The first three I mentioned. If any other plants were offered these transfered we were curious. Its been to days since the deadline for signing up and we are getting no information. If they were offering these transfers system wide that would explain the delay.

Sparkie the STI was offered at the first 3 locations and the bid went to only the facilities with a GEN.

My assumption (appartently incorrect) was jobs were to be bid to the GEN at the various locations, not system wide. Meaning that people in the Gen at the facility would be offered the jobs at their facility first, then flowback people would fill the rest of the openings.

What about openings at the Portland, OR location? Just curious, cause NO ONE ever talks about that place, I'm not even sure it exists.

Thanks

We have 9 spots open. Most people think of us as being on the edge of the universe. In some respects we are. Not a lot of attention can cut both ways.

Hey --- at my HVC plant we are getting 9 people (flowback - I guess) starting Feb.

The plant posted alot of 'back up' bid jobs just recently. I call it "padding the jobs" - its WRONG. That means that the "new" people coming into our plant with high senority won't be able to get any good jos. They told us that all HVC's are doing the same thing...any truth to that?

Hey --- at my HVC plant we are getting 9 people (flowback - I guess) starting Feb.

The plant posted alot of 'back up' bid jobs just recently. I call it "padding the jobs" - its WRONG. That means that the "new" people coming into our plant with high senority won't be able to get any good jos. They told us that all HVC's are doing the same thing...any truth to that?

We didnt do back up bids, but they will fill any permanent bids as they come open. Besides, its HVC, theyre all "good jobs".

If you're in a small wharehouse, which almost all of the depots are, it wouldnt be too smart to piss off all the new members which would be about 20-40% of your membership, by denying their seniority based on a back-up bid.

My assumption (appartently incorrect) was jobs were to be bid to the GEN at the various locations, not system wide. Meaning that people in the Gen at the facility would be offered the jobs at their facility first, then flowback people would fill the rest of the openings.

If you have the wife of a committeman going to work as a temp in production there , what do you think is going to happen every where else just watch kids , wifes , cousions, are going to show up in "ALL" plants , hvc's ect..... :reading:

I thought I read a previous post by you that you took a buy-out and already have your check. Explain please.

Edited by jh213

What HVC are you at?

All levels go (rather,are offered) b-4 flowbacks. This means GEN in plant, in zone, outta zone, plants closed, Mullalys niece, Bills cousin, your BC's sisters' brother-in-laws' half sister/2nd cousin. But you do get to go b-4 your son gets to be a new hire.

All levels go (rather,are offered) b-4 flowbacks. This means GEN in plant, in zone, outta zone, plants closed, Mullalys niece, Bills cousin, your BC's sisters' brother-in-laws' half sister/2nd cousin. But you do get to go b-4 your son gets to be a new hire.

Can't really disagree to that...but I still stand by my gut feeling that ALL will move together quickley & then they will cut back by seniority. That way two things happen in thier favor. 1. They accomplished what they promised which is flowing back people & abiding to the GEN rules 2. They wait a bit & then trim back like they planned all along

Ford has never guaranteed that if you were in GEN or a flow-back the security of holding that without another lay-off. They never promised anyone in any situation ever that, so by doing the above they responded and acted on thier contract obligations regarding this downsize. For our family & many others I hope not see this. IT IS A VERY SNEAKY MOVE!

How many openings are there at Ontario? That was one of my choices !!!!

23 took buyouts. We had 12 on inverse layoff, brought them back now. 9 flowback coming in.

Our volumn is way down, haven't worked a 40 hour week in probably over 6 months. Now we are going to one shift (afternoons) starting in March.

23 took buyouts. We had 12 on inverse layoff, brought them back now. 9 flowback coming in.

Our volumn is way down, haven't worked a 40 hour week in probably over 6 months. Now we are going to one shift (afternoons) starting in March.

Is this my "gut theory" taking shape then?

WE had over 30 people take buyouts. 10 gen workers replaced them. Some more might be on the way if they give up their restrictions. Some more (very infentesimal #) may come but, not more than 7 to 10 more or we will be back to G Time. We need more work if high seniority flowgeners are coming to our facilities. I NEED OT NOT A LAYOFF.