Anyone know about medical layoffs?

Country4d

KCTP is trying to medical layoff people that are medical restricted .. They have got 6 people in the last week even people that got hurt at work.... Know one even the union can't give any answers to this .... So some one out there Please Help.... They have taken people right off off jobs to do this?

KCTP is trying to medical layoff people that are medical restricted .. They have got 6 people in the last week even people that got hurt at work.... Know one even the union can't give any answers to this .... So some one out there Please Help.... They have taken people right off off jobs to do this?

It may sound cold hearted, but I think the company is trying to do anything it deems within the law, to eliminate waste.

While there pulling them off jobs maybe they will grab the deadbeats walking around on the way out too.

It may sound cold hearted, but I think the company is trying to do anything it deems within the law, to eliminate waste.

This is not funny That mean anytime you get hurt at home or at work they can put you to the street..... I know what you are talking about the fakes but good people can get it to..... :o

This is not funny That mean anytime you get hurt at home or at work they can put you to the street..... I know what you are talking about the fakes but good people can get it to..... :o

If you get hurt at home and cannot perform your job as required, you have medical benefits to cover you. I don't think the company is required to let you come to work with a non-work related injury and continue to pay you to sit on your ass.

As far as being hurt on the job, if they choose not to work you by puttting you out on no work available, you then collect your medical disability pay and then a workman's comp claim provides a lump sum to you when you decide to settle the claim. At least that's what happened to me.

Funny how fast some people lose their "restrictions" once they're put out on no work available!

If you get hurt at home and cannot perform your job as required, you have medical benefits to cover you. I don't think the company is required to let you come to work with a non-work related injury and continue to pay you to sit on your ass.

As far as being hurt on the job, if they choose not to work you by puttting you out on no work available, you then collect your medical disability pay and then a workman's comp claim provides a lump sum to you when you decide to settle the claim. At least that's what happened to me.

Funny how fast some people lose their "restrictions" once they're put out on no work available!

No No No This is something new they are doing........This is a very new one they are pulling on people... You get put out to get state U/C and sub pay no matter if you get hurt at work or not..... No workers comp or unicare ... No one has heard of this.....

No No No This is something new they are doing........This is a very new one they are pulling on people... You get put out to get state U/C and sub pay no matter if you get hurt at work or not..... No workers comp or unicare ... No one has heard of this.....

Well, I agree then. That is new, or at least different.

One benefit I see though to this if true, Sub pay is more than Workers Comp and Unicare!!!

TRUST ME ON THIS ONE FOLKS "DO NOT FALL FOR THIS MEDICIAL LAYOFF SHIT" GET YOUR UNION INVOLED AT ONCE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANES DO YOU SIGN A LAY OFF SLIP, SURENDER YOUR ID OR LOCKER KEY. FLAT OUT REFUSE TO DO SO.

ONCE YOU ARE PUT OUT ON MEDICIAL LAYOFF AND YOU EXHAUST YOUR STATES WEEKS OF BENEFITS YOU ARE DONE. YOU NO LONGER WORK FOR FORD.

THIS IS VERY SERIUS SHIT. DO NOT TAKE A MEDICAIL LAYOFF.

IF THE COMPANY WANTS TO PUT YOU OUT ON THE STREET THEY CAN, HOWEVER THEY MUST PUT YOU ON MEDICIAL PLACEMENT. (NO WORK AVAILABLE) HOWEVER IF YOU DID GET HURT IN WORK THE COMPANY MUST WORK YOU AT LEAST 8 HOURS A DAY (40 HOURS) OR PUT YOU OUT ON WORKMENS COMP.

WORKMENS COMP IS DIFFERENT FROM STSTE TO STATE SO CHECK WITH YOUR LOCALS BENEFITS REP.

BUT PLEASE NEVER EVER TAKE A MEDICIAL LAY OFF.

TRUST ME ON THIS ONE FOLKS "DO NOT FALL FOR THIS MEDICIAL LAYOFF SHIT" GET YOUR UNION INVOLED AT ONCE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANES DO YOU SIGN A LAY OFF SLIP, SURENDER YOUR ID OR LOCKER KEY. FLAT OUT REFUSE TO DO SO.

ONCE YOU ARE PUT OUT ON MEDICIAL LAYOFF AND YOU EXHAUST YOUR STATES WEEKS OF BENEFITS YOU ARE DONE. YOU NO LONGER WORK FOR FORD.

THIS IS VERY SERIUS SHIT. DO NOT TAKE A MEDICAIL LAYOFF.

IF THE COMPANY WANTS TO PUT YOU OUT ON THE STREET THEY CAN, HOWEVER THEY MUST PUT YOU ON MEDICIAL PLACEMENT. (NO WORK AVAILABLE) HOWEVER IF YOU DID GET HURT IN WORK THE COMPANY MUST WORK YOU AT LEAST 8 HOURS A DAY (40 HOURS) OR PUT YOU OUT ON WORKMENS COMP.

WORKMENS COMP IS DIFFERENT FROM STSTE TO STATE SO CHECK WITH YOUR LOCALS BENEFITS REP.

BUT PLEASE NEVER EVER TAKE A MEDICIAL LAY OFF.

Absolutely! Medical layoff can also adversely affect your health care coverage. They have no contractual obligation to work you if you have personal restrictions. Of course, you can always get the Americans With Disabilities involved. They love this sort of stuff. Compensible industrial related injuries are a different matter. They are not required to work you more than eight hours but they are required to find you something. If you are out on medical due to industrial injuries, they will start sending you to Independent Medical Examiners. You may take along another person to these examinations. These IMEs can receive between $300-$500 per exam. This has become a big business. There are quite a few that don't actually have medical practices and solely do IMEs. In addition, there have been cases of the plant physician changing permanent occupational injury restrictions to personal. This is falsification of medical records. Make sure that you have timestamped updated copies of all your medical records. You have to sign a release and they have up to 15 days to give them to you. They usually will also ask that you sign a release letting them get your records from your doctor. NEVER sign that release until you have received your medical records from them and can give them to your own doctor. If your records have been altered, report this to your state medical licensing board immediately. In addition, you may video tape or tape record your exam. Many IMEs won't conduct an exam under those conditions but please make sure that you get signed documentation showing that you were at your IME exam. You must also be paid for the time you are at that exam. If anyone else has any questions regarding IMEs, etc., please feel free to pm me and I'll do whatever I can to help you out on this.

Spring

By the way, make sure that you get proof you went to the appointment with the IME BEFORE you let them know you are video taping or recording the exam. Check with your state laws regarding taping. Ohio is a one party notification state. As long as you are a party to the conversation or situation, you may tape without informing the other parties. As we all fondly recall Linda Tripp, do not try this in Virginia! :blink:

Absolutely! Medical layoff can also adversely affect your health care coverage. They have no contractual obligation to work you if you have personal restrictions. Of course, you can always get the Americans With Disabilities involved. They love this sort of stuff. Compensible industrial related injuries are a different matter. They are not required to work you more than eight hours but they are required to find you something. If you are out on medical due to industrial injuries, they will start sending you to Independent Medical Examiners. You may take along another person to these examinations. These IMEs can receive between $300-$500 per exam. This has become a big business. There are quite a few that don't actually have medical practices and solely do IMEs. In addition, there have been cases of the plant physician changing permanent occupational injury restrictions to personal. This is falsification of medical records. Make sure that you have timestamped updated copies of all your medical records. You have to sign a release and they have up to 15 days to give them to you. They usually will also ask that you sign a release letting them get your records from your doctor. NEVER sign that release until you have received your medical records from them and can give them to your own doctor. If your records have been altered, report this to your state medical licensing board immediately. In addition, you may video tape or tape record your exam. Many IMEs won't conduct an exam under those conditions but please make sure that you get signed documentation showing that you were at your IME exam. You must also be paid for the time you are at that exam. If anyone else has any questions regarding IMEs, etc., please feel free to pm me and I'll do whatever I can to help you out on this.

Spring

Now they are forcing people to medical lay off them....... They are not even asked they tell them... Just for thought this could be coming to your town next.... not everyone is a fake some have real problems...... There are 3 types of this medical lay off..... Be very carefulll on this one it is away to get alot of people gone in a short time.......You could be NEXT.........

Don't know if they're considered layoffs. What the company is doing is sending folks out on "no work available" based on the individuals' restrictions, and to be strictly fair, since the company is allowed to follow this action, they can't discriminate between work-related and non-work related medical conditions. Worst thing is, the compnay isn't limiting the action to folks that can only do "invented" jobs, jobs that aren't standard and wouldn't otherwise exist beyond keeping the individual working, they go after folks that are doing real jobs, jobs that would be filled by someone else after the individual doing them now is sent out on "no work available", for the same reason the company isn't differentiating between work and non-work medical conditions. :angry: :angry:

Don't know if they're considered layoffs. What the company is doing is sending folks out on "no work available" based on the individuals' restrictions, and to be strictly fair, since the company is allowed to follow this action, they can't discriminate between work-related and non-work related medical conditions. Worst thing is, the compnay isn't limiting the action to folks that can only do "invented" jobs, jobs that aren't standard and wouldn't otherwise exist beyond keeping the individual working, they go after folks that are doing real jobs, jobs that would be filled by someone else after the individual doing them now is sent out on "no work available", for the same reason the company isn't differentiating between work and non-work medical conditions. :angry: :angry:

But if its a work related injury and they don't bring you in it counts as a "lost time" injury. This is something they always tried to avoid - maybe because it keeps their Workers Comp insurance premiums down?

We've had some "career" medicals sent out on no work available around October or so and were supposed to be out for 3 months or so. I know of 2 that are on disability (Unicare- used to be Hancock) and they're still out.

Does anyone know how long you can be out on disability? Does this benefit have some kind of a limit or cap based on how long you are out or a maximum dollar ammount? Thanks. :huh:

We've had some "career" medicals sent out on no work available around October or so and were supposed to be out for 3 months or so. I know of 2 that are on disability (Unicare- used to be Hancock) and they're still out.

Does anyone know how long you can be out on disability? Does this benefit have some kind of a limit or cap based on how long you are out or a maximum dollar ammount? Thanks. :huh:

The thing some of you don't get is this could happen to you even good workers all it takes is for you to get hurt ( car wreck play with your kids horseplay sneezing anything can happen) I know you think it can't happen to me but it could Now is the time to find out what to do to STOP it.. I know there are those fakes out there but what about the real one that has problems I know you know someone who has a real one.... If they want to get rid of extra people here is there way... After 2 years on medical layoff you no longer have a JOB...... Let Spring tell you how this works This is a new way to shit can people People this is only the start ......Wake up and smell the roses They need to get rid of all they can.......

WHAT IS THE UNION SAYING ABOUT THIS? HOW IN THE WORLD IS THIS EVEN LEGAL? THERE ARE DISCRIMINATION LAWS NOT ALONE DISABILITIES LAWS!! WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TOO! YOU HAVE PEOPLE IN THE CONGRESS AND SENATE BEING BUSTED FOR BUYING VOTES,TAKING EXTRA GIFTS ETC. DOES FORD AND EVERYONE ELSE THINK THEIR UNTOUCHABLE??? WHAT IS THE UNION DOING ABOUT THIS? I HEARD THEY ARE DOING NOTHING! AS FOR AS PEOPLE ON HERE SAYING GET RID OF THE DEAD WEIGHT. WELL YOU PEOPLE REALLY DO NOT NO WHAT BEING IN A UNION IS ALL ABOUT... YOU STICK TOGETHER! YOU DO NOT THROW EACH OTHER IN... BUT YOU PEOPLE ON HERE RIPPING ON OTHERS ABOUT THEIR INJURIES... REALLY DON'T WORK BECAUSE YOU KISSED ASS TO GET YOUR JOB WITH YOUR LITTLE TIME IN AND DON'T REALLY WORK ANYWAYS. BUT, THEIR WILL COME A DAY WHEN YOU GET SCREWED OVER AND YOUR ON HERE OR OUT OF WORK HURT AND WANTING HELP ALSO... SOMEONE SHOULD FIND ANSWER FOR THESE PEOPLE WHY AND HOW IT IS LEGAL THAT THEY CAN THROW PEOPLE OFF OUT ON LAY-OFF WITH MEDICAL RESTRICTIONS.. WHY WOULD THE STATE PAY THEM MONEY WHEN THEIR IS MEDICAL BENIFITS THROUGH FORD? THAT IS THE DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD! SOUNDS LIKE FRAUD! FORD IS RIPPING OFF THE STATE... WWHEN THEY HAVE THEIR OWN MEDICAL BENIFITS TO PAY OUT. :(

WHAT IS THE UNION SAYING ABOUT THIS? HOW IN THE WORLD IS THIS EVEN LEGAL? THERE ARE DISCRIMINATION LAWS NOT ALONE DISABILITIES LAWS!! WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TOO! YOU HAVE PEOPLE IN THE CONGRESS AND SENATE BEING BUSTED FOR BUYING VOTES,TAKING EXTRA GIFTS ETC. DOES FORD AND EVERYONE ELSE THINK THEIR UNTOUCHABLE??? WHAT IS THE UNION DOING ABOUT THIS? I HEARD THEY ARE DOING NOTHING! AS FOR AS PEOPLE ON HERE SAYING GET RID OF THE DEAD WEIGHT. WELL YOU PEOPLE REALLY DO NOT NO WHAT BEING IN A UNION IS ALL ABOUT... YOU STICK TOGETHER! YOU DO NOT THROW EACH OTHER IN... BUT YOU PEOPLE ON HERE RIPPING ON OTHERS ABOUT THEIR INJURIES... REALLY DON'T WORK BECAUSE YOU KISSED ASS TO GET YOUR JOB WITH YOUR LITTLE TIME IN AND DON'T REALLY WORK ANYWAYS. BUT, THEIR WILL COME A DAY WHEN YOU GET SCREWED OVER AND YOUR ON HERE OR OUT OF WORK HURT AND WANTING HELP ALSO... SOMEONE SHOULD FIND ANSWER FOR THESE PEOPLE WHY AND HOW IT IS LEGAL THAT THEY CAN THROW PEOPLE OFF OUT ON LAY-OFF WITH MEDICAL RESTRICTIONS.. WHY WOULD THE STATE PAY THEM MONEY WHEN THEIR IS MEDICAL BENIFITS THROUGH FORD? THAT IS THE DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD! SOUNDS LIKE FRAUD! FORD IS RIPPING OFF THE STATE... WWHEN THEY HAVE THEIR OWN MEDICAL BENIFITS TO PAY OUT. :(

Tell me what sticking together is then. I do not believe when I'm busting my ass on the line all the time and watching the same people never on jobs, walking around, if and when they come to work is what a union is. I could be wrong though your telling me. Things are always going to happen but always to the same people makes me wonder. It's obvious. Why let them bring us down, make us work harder, and take money from us. Instead of that I would rather see them gone and the rest of us doing what we do and making this a better place. Take it as you may but I believe there is a right and a wrong and deep down everyone really knows, even the deadbeats.

AS I TOLD YOU IN MY LAST POST, “DO NOT SIGN A MEDICIAL LAYOFF†YOU DO NOT HAVE TO. IF THE COMPANY BRINGS YOU INTO HR AND TELLS YOU THAT THEY ARE LAYING YOU OFF DUE TO MEDICIAL REASONS FLAT OUT REFUSE TO SIGN. DO NOT SURRENDER YOUR ID OR LOCKER KEY. IF YOUR LOCAL IS ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN GO OVER THEIR HEADS. START WITH YOUR REGIEN REP. PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE.

ALSO TO YOU PEOPLE WINNING ABOUT DEAT BEATS, GET OVER IT. IT HAPPENS IN EVERY FACILITY. MOST OF US ARE MAD BECAUSE WE CAN’T GET AWAY WITH IT.

ABOUT DISABILITY BENEFITS!!!!

Under contract when you are out on a company approved medical leave or the company forces you out on medical placement (no work available) you will receive up to 3 years of benefits from Unicare as long as you have 3 years of seniority.

This is how it works:

One year of week-to-week benefits from Unicare. (Weekly checks). After 6 months you must sign up for social security disability. You will be denied the first time, count on it.

After 1 year Unicare you put you on month-to-month benefits (1 check per month, totaling 4 weeks) during this period you must re apply to Social Security. This is a long drawn out process. So do it quickly. If you are denied the second time then there are special circumstances in which Unicare will continue to pay you monthly benefits up to your years of service. This hardly ever happens.

If you are in your third year of disability go see your union benefits rep and consider a medical retirement. This will cover your ass and you can always get a doctors release to return to work. Again a long drawn out process.

Two more items. Make sure you keep all your paper work in order and keep up with all your doctor appointments. Ford will more then likely require you to check in every six months. Answer all 5 day notices from Ford. If you do not answer the 5-day notice you will be terminated

Last but not least you do have the right to look for a job in your plant that falls within your work restrictions. If you do find such a job it must be a labor pool job and you must have more seniority then the person on that job. Advise the HR that you found a job that you can do. They in turn will have the company doctor look at the job and decide if you can perform it. Your doctor has no say in this matter.

Should you have any other questions concerning medical leaves go see your local’s benefits rep. They are highly trained to answer your questions.

ABOUT DISABILITY BENEFITS!!!!

Under contract when you are out on a company approved medical leave or the company forces you out on medical placement (no work available) you will receive up to 3 years of benefits from Unicare as long as you have 3 years of seniority.

This is how it works:

One year of week-to-week benefits from Unicare. (Weekly checks). After 6 months you must sign up for social security disability. You will be denied the first time, count on it.

After 1 year Unicare you put you on month-to-month benefits (1 check per month, totaling 4 weeks) during this period you must re apply to Social Security. This is a long drawn out process. So do it quickly. If you are denied the second time then there are special circumstances in which Unicare will continue to pay you monthly benefits up to your years of service. This hardly ever happens.

If you are in your third year of disability go see your union benefits rep and consider a medical retirement. This will cover your ass and you can always get a doctors release to return to work. Again a long drawn out process.

Two more items. Make sure you keep all your paper work in order and keep up with all your doctor appointments. Ford will more then likely require you to check in every six months. Answer all 5 day notices from Ford. If you do not answer the 5-day notice you will be terminated

Last but not least you do have the right to look for a job in your plant that falls within your work restrictions. If you do find such a job it must be a labor pool job and you must have more seniority then the person on that job. Advise the HR that you found a job that you can do. They in turn will have the company doctor look at the job and decide if you can perform it. Your doctor has no say in this matter.

Should you have any other questions concerning medical leaves go see your local’s benefits rep. They are highly trained to answer your questions.

The union has to fight to get you back. No one has to sign anything they just tell you thats it.... The union don't know what to to...know answers... It has already been a week.... That don't pay any bills.. As for find a job they tell you you are not aloud on to come into the plant and you say you have the right to look for a job they so talk to the union and they have know answers......

AS I TOLD YOU IN MY LAST POST, “DO NOT SIGN A MEDICIAL LAYOFF†YOU DO NOT HAVE TO. IF THE COMPANY BRINGS YOU INTO HR AND TELLS YOU THAT THEY ARE LAYING YOU OFF DUE TO MEDICIAL REASONS FLAT OUT REFUSE TO SIGN. DO NOT SURRENDER YOUR ID OR LOCKER KEY. IF YOUR LOCAL IS ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN GO OVER THEIR HEADS. START WITH YOUR REGIEN REP. PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE.

ALSO TO YOU PEOPLE WINNING ABOUT DEAT BEATS, GET OVER IT. IT HAPPENS IN EVERY FACILITY. MOST OF US ARE MAD BECAUSE WE CAN’T GET AWAY WITH IT.

No I am not mad. I'm there to work to do the things that I would like to do in life. I would not want to get away with it, it would make me feel like a scumbag piece of shit. As for you all who think people should forget about it, there is no reason for you to complain about givebacks. My mind thinks that if you would not have all these people then we would not be giving back as much or losing as many jobs. Personally I would rather keep what I have and see them on the street doing the same as what they did here.

Look at how over loaded some jobs are and day after day you do the same old thing as you get older people get hurt and not to say how the job is set up . No ergo or mats to work on. When you are young it is one thing but as you get time and older 10 hrs a day, your body wears out . Ford and the union knows this happens then after you have 14 yrs and are 50 something you get medical layoff is this fair? Or you are driving to work and it is snowing and a car hits you from black ice and you get hurt real bad the seat belt gets your shoulder and you can't lift like you could before so you can't do the same job .....By the way you never will get better you get restricted and have house payments and kid in school and they medical lay you off. Are you a fake or just bad luck? After 2 yrs your job is gone is this fair? THIS CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE>>>> THE UNION HAS DONE NOTHING>>>> IT HAS BEEN 8 DAYS!!!!!!! THEY SAY THEY ARE WORKING ON IT!!!!!!!!! If it was clear they should have had them back the next day....... There is something going on here....

Look at how over loaded some jobs are and day after day you do the same old thing as you get older people get hurt and not to say how the job is set up . No ergo or mats to work on. When you are young it is one thing but as you get time and older 10 hrs a day, your body wears out . Ford and the union knows this happens then after you have 14 yrs and are 50 something you get medical layoff is this fair? Or you are driving to work and it is snowing and a car hits you from black ice and you get hurt real bad the seat belt gets your shoulder and you can't lift like you could before so you can't do the same job .....By the way you never will get better you get restricted and have house payments and kid in school and they medical lay you off. Are you a fake or just bad luck? After 2 yrs your job is gone is this fair? THIS CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE>>>> THE UNION HAS DONE NOTHING>>>> IT HAS BEEN 8 DAYS!!!!!!! THEY SAY THEY ARE WORKING ON IT!!!!!!!!! If it was clear they should have had them back the next day....... There is something going on here....

Yes. something is going on here. Ford is getting rid of people, period. The bottom line is too many frauds have screwed it up for the rest of us once again and Ford is retaliating. Is this fair? Of course not. This is the reality of it. The union will give their blessing on this, wait and see. There are BIG changes coming in 2007. We have young frauds all over the place. Some of these people got restricted before their 90 days were up and Ford let it happen. Now we're all going to pay the price. You wake up pal, the writing has been on the wall for years. I don't like it either, but this is what it has come to.

We agree on that, but I was talking about the ones that are always like that. Time after time always hurt. Most things are obvious that go on in the plant, people can see. If we would get rid of the obvious ones things might get better. I always come to work and do my job, have a clean record. I got hurt once and it was a joke. They did'nt believe me, wanted me to go back down on the job and I could not. Had to fight to finally go to hospital. Came back and was told to go back down on the job after be restricted until I see the plant doctor, which was to be about a week. Well took a personal that night then the next day had them send me to a specialist and had a torn ligamint in my hand. Maybe if all the fakes were gone, it would be better for all the rest of us. Having gone through all that and having to fight with them to see somebody that knew what they were talking about from a real injury was a joke. I do see there side of it though and it's because of these people.

Yes. something is going on here. Ford is getting rid of people, period. The bottom line is too many frauds have screwed it up for the rest of us once again and Ford is retaliating. Is this fair? Of course not. This is the reality of it. The union will give their blessing on this, wait and see. There are BIG changes coming in 2007. We have young frauds all over the place. Some of these people got restricted before their 90 days were up and Ford let it happen. Now we're all going to pay the price. You wake up pal, the writing has been on the wall for years. I don't like it either, but this is what it has come to.

Hopefully for our sake and theirs they get rid of the right people!