COA Vote at MTP

Emigh

Are buyout people allowed to vote? My last day was 1-1, and if I can, I'll love to cast a big NO vote for you guys.

Can't you see the writing on the jon wall.....working 4-10's for who knows how long, the you get dog tired and start to miss time.......with the new attendance policy, they toss your ass out, bring in more tpt's.....pretty soon only low paying tpt's doing the work.

:stirpot:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see people around the plant wearing these "vote no" red caps...and i wonder if they are just hard headed lazy fucks who think seniority gets you out of working.

you people are stupid if you think that this whole time .... ford has not been whipsawing us around... to either break the union or make us cut our own throat.

I think this is simply a prep to see "who is willing to work with us" (us as in ford mo co)

Yes i beleive in standing up for our rights but have you asked how many jobs we will actually lose?

have you gone and talked to bargaining and asked what we are really giving up?

prolly not...just a bunch of old fogeys who dont want to work the job...they want to go in and have a social party every night for $28 per hour.

the skilled trades is a different story though....but they have a SKILL and if i was one of them i would have took the buyout and gone and used my talent in a real job not sit around at ford and play spades while waiting on a call at J-12 or somehting like that.

The problem is.....most people dont want the COA cuz they are ignorant and were too lazy to actually inquire about it...they just read the bullitenn and talk with their beer buddies about how they aint doin it...blah blah blah

why would they announce a shift reduction so early if they didnt want us fighting each other for "who keeps their job"

wether it is one shift or not.....the COA is not much different than what we are doing now. :reading:

And i like it cuz it will filter out the good workers from the ones that play the system.

Is your last name Washington or Nolan, which one? :banmolest:

Can't you see the writing on the jon wall.....working 4-10's for who knows how long, the you get dog tired and start to miss time.......with the new attendance policy, they toss your ass out, bring in more tpt's.....pretty soon only low paying tpt's doing the work.

Still be working 5 days........maybe 6? Simply can't build enough on one shift!

It will be even worse than you're saying at MTP, considering the one shift that remains will be on 5 10 hour days. 40 hour weeks will not be enough....

I see people around the plant wearing these "vote no" red caps...and i wonder if they are just hard headed lazy fucks who think seniority gets you out of working.

you people are stupid if you think that this whole time .... ford has not been whipsawing us around... to either break the union or make us cut our own throat.

I think this is simply a prep to see "who is willing to work with us" (us as in ford mo co)

Yes i beleive in standing up for our rights but have you asked how many jobs we will actually lose?

have you gone and talked to bargaining and asked what we are really giving up?

prolly not...just a bunch of old fogeys who dont want to work the job...they want to go in and have a social party every night for $28 per hour.

the skilled trades is a different story though....but they have a SKILL and if i was one of them i would have took the buyout and gone and used my talent in a real job not sit around at ford and play spades while waiting on a call at J-12 or somehting like that.

The problem is.....most people dont want the COA cuz they are ignorant and were too lazy to actually inquire about it...they just read the bullitenn and talk with their beer buddies about how they aint doin it...blah blah blah

why would they announce a shift reduction so early if they didnt want us fighting each other for "who keeps their job"

wether it is one shift or not.....the COA is not much different than what we are doing now. :reading:

And i like it cuz it will filter out the good workers from the ones that play the system.

You ask if we have asked how many jobs we will actually lose with the COA, you and I both know they are going to hide the fact that jobs would be lost. If they didn't they know there is no chance of the COA passing.

None of us that are not in the "know" are aware of what we will really be giving up. We have only been given a "highlights" page and you know there is a whole lot more to this COA than 1 or 2 pages. We are suppose to trust the union and vote on what they agreed to? I don't think so. Give me the whole agreement to look over.

Our plant chairman doesn't fully understand everything in the COA. He was asked in the communication meeting about the 'Integrated Production Teams' ( I believe that was what it was called) and what this really was. He said he did not really know. How am I going to vote on language that my union officials don't understand. That could open the door to job elimination and they wouldn't even know it.

Too many what if's for me to vote yes.

ha ha :happy feet:

schweet!! :happy feet:

i am glad i got people talking...some real opinions.....cant get shit on the line

so i cant spell....who cares....the fact is i just got fat boy fingers and I am not gonna hit the backspace or delete 50 times.

the vote is today anyways.

I hope you idiots feel good craking on my grammar and spelling and telling me to go back to fourth grade....what brotherly love.

go suck it elvis...

thank you---thank you very much

I just threw some stuff out there....simply a scenerio our bargaining rep wendy threw at me....to see what y'all think.

damn

personally i think we should be able to vote per item in the COA...that would be better

honestly if they pass it and jobs get cut....i am like 30 from the bottom on seniority so I would prolly lose my job...but I still think it is better to at least show the company that we understand the whole ford family is in a rutt and we are willing to help.

just take the fukitall pill and go to work.

In response to Young Ford man, Yes we do know what Vote NO Really means. Vote No means that this whole COA is bullshit! And before I go any further, please check your spelling because you lose all credibility when you don't care what you write. Next, We have not been promised anything, we vote on the COA and they are going down to one shift anyway. Outsourcing our skilled trades and Material Handling. Stacking the vote by letting the TFTs' vote on the COA when they have no future at MTP and the buyout people who are gone anyway. The union is probably getting perks for getting this thing pushed through. So once again I say VOTE NO!!! :happy feet:

I really think that the company is trying to make a example out of MTP with this COA bullshit because they know we are going to vote it down, so they can close the plant and say see what happened to MTP and all the other plants will vote yes because they will be worried that their plant will close next. I talked to a couple of TFTs' and all of them said they will vote no also. If so many people in this country wasn't buying foreign cars and trucks we would not be having this discussion.

Re young ford man:

Take a few minutes and read what you wrote. Take pride in how you express yourself. Because if you don't, no one will take whatever you say seriously. I don't think they will close MTP. But the union needs to be straight with us, and not feed us bullshit.

The COA at MTP will pass. The official word from your local will be the COA program passed 51% to 49%. Standard UAW bullshit. Hey they may even go as far as saying passed by a unanimous vote. Why will this COA give up the house bullshit pass? Because Ron the sell out Gettlefinger said so.

Hey what happened to your local chairman? He was one (along with the chairman from Local 2000) to tell Bob King at the last sub council meeting to shove the COA up his ass.

The powers to be got to your chairman.

Local 2000 is next. Stay tuned.

The COA at MTP will pass. The official word from your local will be the COA program passed 51% to 49%. Standard UAW bullshit. Hey they may even go as far as saying passed by a unanimous vote. Why will this COA give up the house bullshit pass? Because Ron the sell out Gettlefinger said so.

Hey what happened to your local chairman? He was one (along with the chairman from Local 2000) to tell Bob King at the last sub council meeting to shove the COA up his ass.

The powers to be got to your chairman.

Local 2000 is next. Stay tuned.

I voted this morning. Waited in line for 30 minutes. 200+ people their. All of'm were total strangers to me. TFP's probably.

I voted this morning. Waited in line for 30 minutes. 200+ people their. All of'm were total strangers to me. TFP's probably.

Yes, of course they will vote yes. Like someone in Material Handling mentioned, maybe that was the big reason the union delayed the vote. They wanted to get the TFTs in place so they could vote. That is so unfair. So what if they get union representation, I don't have a problem with that. But why should they get to vote on the future of MTP. That should have been excluded from their contracts. The union really knows what they are doing. When I voted at 8:00 last night ( we went home after 4 hours due to parts shortage) there really was not a lot of people there. But moved the voting time up to 7:00 instead of 11:00 so we could vote. If and when it does get voted in, we will have to see if it really does any good. And if it doesn't, all the people that voted yes can just kick themselves in the butt.

Edited by Emigh

Yes, of course they will vote yes. Like someone in Material Handling mentioned, maybe that was the big reason the union delayed the vote. They wanted to get the TFTs in place so they could vote. That is so unfair. So what if they get union representation, I don't have a problem with that. But why should they get to vote on the future of MTP. That should have been excluded from their contracts. The union really knows what they are doing. When I voted at 8:00 last night ( we went home after 4 hours due to parts shortage) there really was not a lot of people there. But moved the voting time up to 7:00 instead of 11:00 so we could vote. If and when it does get voted in, we will have to see if it really does any good. And if it doesn't, all the people that voted yes can just kick themselves in the butt.

When MTP looses a shift will anyone actually be laid off or will the buyout numbers even itself out and people will go to Wayne?

Yes, of course they will vote yes. Like someone in Material Handling mentioned, maybe that was the big reason the union delayed the vote. They wanted to get the TFTs in place so they could vote. That is so unfair. So what if they get union representation, I don't have a problem with that. But why should they get to vote on the future of MTP. That should have been excluded from their contracts. The union really knows what they are doing.

So sad, so very sad if your scenario is accurate.

It is bad enough when the company tries to stack things against its workers for their benefit.......but understandable from a business perspective.

But if your own lawyers try and insure an outcome that you have said you do not want, then you might as well pack it in.

May I suggest that your plant considers that a good number to go with is------------>80% of the new hires will vote for it; those who do vote. If it passes, and guessing that 85% of them will vote in this, then you will know if it was the company, or the company and the union together who dictated to everyone how your contract would be rewritten. All you need is the final vote count, take the temps times 85% to get a number, times it by 80% to see how many yes votes from them were cast......approximately.

• 7 months later...
I was told today that MTP will be voting on the COA on Wed. and Thurs. next week. Also was told by the union that PFTs' (permanent full time employees) will be able to vote on the COA. Also, hourly employees that are taking the buyout and have paid union dues for this month also will be able to vote on the future of MTP. I feel that the union is manipulating the COA vote, even though we know that it will be "approved" anyway. :banghead:

If you are literate enogh to read your national agreement you would understand why the TFTs get to vote, this is nothing that a chairman has anything to do with... read and learn!!!

If you are literate enogh to read your national agreement you would understand why the TFTs get to vote, this is nothing that a chairman has anything to do with... read and learn!!!

Not to be a smart guy but I think that post was kind of dead due to the fact the post you replied to was back in Feb.. Maybe you just wanted to vent but hey it's cool...

In response to Young Ford man, Yes we do know what Vote NO Really means. Vote No means that this whole COA is bullshit! And before I go any further, please check your spelling because you lose all credibility when you don't care what you write. Next, We have not been promised anything, we vote on the COA and they are going down to one shift anyway. Outsourcing our skilled trades and Material Handling. Stacking the vote by letting the TFTs' vote on the COA when they have no future at MTP and the buyout people who are gone anyway. The union is probably getting perks for getting this thing pushed through. So once again I say VOTE NO!!! :happy feet:

I agree !!!! Here at Lima our union is pushing the IMT program (SKILLED TRADES RUNNING MACHINES) and it don't work worth a f&^% but our union keeps pushing it regardless of what we tell them. Soon as they get all the trades in machining they will outsource our jobs and the union don't care!!! We didn't get to vote on this IMT COA when our union volunteered us for it, but now we will for our local contract so GOODBYE to the IMT program!!! It best get voted down or it will be the end of trades!!!

Then guess what boys and girls ? when there are more temps then full timers they will go after a pay cut!!!!

You ask if we have asked how many jobs we will actually lose with the COA, you and I both know they are going to hide the fact that jobs would be lost. If they didn't they know there is no chance of the COA passing.

None of us that are not in the "know" are aware of what we will really be giving up. We have only been given a "highlights" page and you know there is a whole lot more to this COA than 1 or 2 pages. We are suppose to trust the union and vote on what they agreed to? I don't think so. Give me the whole agreement to look over.

Our plant chairman doesn't fully understand everything in the COA. He was asked in the communication meeting about the 'Integrated Production Teams' ( I believe that was what it was called) and what this really was. He said he did not really know. How am I going to vote on language that my union officials don't understand. That could open the door to job elimination and they wouldn't even know it.

Too many what if's for me to vote yes.

That means skilled trades running machines or working on the line along with every one else .Then when something breaks down they go and fix it too. We are doing this at our plant and it doesn't work worth a sh&t but our union won't listen. We are a Ford Engine plant that our union volunteered us for this without our consent and no option to vote on it We call it Integrated Machining Techs because we are only doing this in machining but when it goes to production it will be called IPT's Believe us we plan to vote this down at our plant and you don't want to be a part of it unless you want to kiss your trades jobs goodbye and see them outsorced!!!

That means skilled trades running machines or working on the line along with every one else .Then when something breaks down they go and fix it too. We are doing this at our plant and it doesn't work worth a sh&t but our union won't listen. We are a Ford Engine plant that our union volunteered us for this without our consent and no option to vote on it We call it Integrated Machining Techs because we are only doing this in machining but when it goes to production it will be called IPT's Believe us we plan to vote this down at our plant and you don't want to be a part of it unless you want to kiss your trades jobs goodbye and see them outsorced!!!

By the way I didn't see anything in the GM contract about IPT's where was it at??