Ford Survival

FLORIDA RETIREE

So, what about your statements about making my children get a job? Or, would that be questioning your integrity, or the lack of justification of your comments?

Not a problem with my integrity or any justification needed. Merely offering you some advice as to how to continue to support your lifestyle once Ford has cut you loose permanantly and you are waiting for something to pan out with that state certified journeyman's license you were telling me about. Michigan is not exactly booming with development, so you may be waiting for awhile. Just thought the family might be willing to help out a bit! They do love you, don't they?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. This post makes me remember when you said......

Just replace the word "dark" with "slappy". And since they were not my words, I did not correct the numerous spelling mistakes. ;)

AHH yes.....the sound of a slappy hypocrite.....that is interesting!! slappy not happy now!!!

LOL....very interesting indeed!!!!

Not a problem with my integrity or any justification needed. Merely offering you some advice as to how to continue to support your lifestyle once Ford has cut you loose permanantly and you are waiting for something to pan out with that state certified journeyman's license you were telling me about. Michigan is not exactly booming with development, so you may be waiting for awhile. Just thought the family might be willing to help out a bit! They do love you, don't they?

anyone for slappy seconds?

or thirds??

hey you going to be mad at this guy too? he post dirty laundry too.....oooooo shame on him....

V Full Edit

V Quick Edit

bobsyouruncle

post Today, 02:33 AM

Post #28

Group: Blue Oval Members

Member No.: 12,522

QUOTE(charly @ Dec 3 2005, 12:27 AM) *

The vote will be on if we wish to carry on the same as we have been, only at 65% on the downweeks or alternatively they could just shut the doors for a few months.......

The issue must be voted on by the membership becase it entails a "change" in collective agreement.

The leadership is soundly behind endorsing the status quo....lets all just hang tough for a few more months (4-5) and we should be okay.

Don't let the vocal minority speak for you.

Come out and vote....IT'S YOUR FUTURE.

Carry on :-)

If they do close the doors for 3 months we all get 65% all the time. 2 weeks of %100 and 2 at %65 sounds good to me, hope people show up to vote and vote smart. Don't think this is a bluf by Ford for 1 second. I know there are a few that will say that we shound not change the collective agreement, but I caution them to think this through. Force them to one shift and you all will be out! sad.gif

Wow. This post makes me remember when you said......

Just replace the word "dark" with "slappy". And since they were not my words, I did not correct the numerous spelling mistakes. ;)

Wow, spoken like a true laid off electrician, oozing with ignorance. It is very obvious to me that you are incapable of having any type of intelligible conversation, or else we would have seen some sign of your brilliance in your posts. They are absent. It is difficult, I should think, for you to judge the spelling of words that you have no understanding of Mr. Pioneer. You are very ignorant. You don't even have an opinion. The closest you have come to saying or proposing anything with any level of insightfulness is when you dumbly said to me "oh, yeah, then why is Ford sending me to get my state certification", after I had reminded you of something that you already know but won't admit. A Ford journeyman's card is absolutely worthless on the outside of these walls. They get you zero respect, and will get you around $15 an hour wiring houses if you're lucky, but probably not. The reason they are sending you to get this licensing is simple, they are going to be getting rid of you, very soon! You mention earlier about your daughters getting jobs, which is a great idea if you ask me, it'll keep them from getting knocked up by the time their 13, like so many of you greedy tradesmans daughters do. I couldn't help but notice though, that you fail to mention your wife. Hmmm. Could that be because she already left and is gettting packed full of goodies by some other dude while you've been bringing your greedy little electrician ass in to do nothing on weekends? You too, could benefit from a little bit of education Mr. Pioneer, and I don't mean the remedial math that you take as part of a UAW apprenticeship program. You are lacking quite a bit upstairs, you sound off like a brainwashed union flunky. Certainly you don't want your daughters to find out daddy's inept. It's hard enough growing up without a mother. Call your educational coordinator, let's get you ready for the real work world that you will be entering soon. Remember, I am here for you should you need some support. After all, we are brothers, aren't we? Oh, and by the way, what did you do with that big vacation refund check that I told you would be taxed as a bonus but you refused to believe me? Did you bid on some stuff in Darkies ebay corporation? Just curious. Hey take care and write when you can!

Mr.Pioneer,

Having been a Maintenance Superintendent at the Livionia Transmission Plant I have a lot of respect for Skilled Tradesman. The Electricians are a very respected Trade and were usually the first to called to a Machine with a problem.

With the introduction of computer technology the Electricians generally exhibit skills and abilities beyond most including some of the Support Engineers.

Keep up with the Technology and you will always be very employable. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Edited by Richard Smith

Wow, spoken like a true laid off electrician, oozing with ignorance. It is very obvious to me that you are incapable of having any type of intelligible conversation, or else we would have seen some sign of your brilliance in your posts. They are absent. It is difficult, I should think, for you to judge the spelling of words that you have no understanding of Mr. Pioneer. You are very ignorant. You don't even have an opinion. The closest you have come to saying or proposing anything with any level of insightfulness is when you dumbly said to me "oh, yeah, then why is Ford sending me to get my state certification", after I had reminded you of something that you already know but won't admit. A Ford journeyman's card is absolutely worthless on the outside of these walls. They get you zero respect, and will get you around $15 an hour wiring houses if you're lucky, but probably not. The reason they are sending you to get this licensing is simple, they are going to be getting rid of you, very soon! You mention earlier about your daughters getting jobs, which is a great idea if you ask me, it'll keep them from getting knocked up by the time their 13, like so many of you greedy tradesmans daughters do. I couldn't help but notice though, that you fail to mention your wife. Hmmm. Could that be because she already left and is gettting packed full of goodies by some other dude while you've been bringing your greedy little electrician ass in to do nothing on weekends? You too, could benefit from a little bit of education Mr. Pioneer, and I don't mean the remedial math that you take as part of a UAW apprenticeship program. You are lacking quite a bit upstairs, you sound off like a brainwashed union flunky. Certainly you don't want your daughters to find out daddy's inept. It's hard enough growing up without a mother. Call your educational coordinator, let's get you ready for the real work world that you will be entering soon. Remember, I am here for you should you need some support. After all, we are brothers, aren't we? Oh, and by the way, what did you do with that big vacation refund check that I told you would be taxed as a bonus but you refused to believe me? Did you bid on some stuff in Darkies ebay corporation? Just curious. Hey take care and write when you can!

i have told you i am not going to debate where/when i got my degree....why is it you want to know?? so you can make fun of it or some other bullshit....all you want is to argue and make fun of everyone else.....TYPICAL salary ASSHOLE! debat, debate, debate while the company goes under...LOL go ahead, i'll watch!!since you talking baout so much education...maybe YOU should go back to college and try and get a better job....LOL i forgot no one will hire a dumbass salary fuck

Mr.Pioneer,

Having been a Maintenance Superintendent at the Livionia Transmission Plant I have a lot of respect for Skilled Tradesman. The Electricians are a very respected Trade and were usually the first to called to a Machine with a problem.

With the introduction of computer technology the Electricians generally exhibit skills and abilities beyond most including some of the Support Engineers.

Keep up with the Technology and you will always be very employable. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

true, the future is to technology....and i have seen first hand some of the young electricians work at my plant...and you know what? they can work on my house or anything for me..ANY DAY...we have some of the best ....

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that your wit may well be your best asset. Why don't you enlighten us about YOUR fantastic life and degree intead, so all of us can see how very inferior we are to someone whom we should obviously be looking up to.

By the way, the licensing is happening company wide, so they must be getting rid of electricians at all locations, huh?

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that your wit may well be your best asset. Why don't you enlighten us about YOUR fantastic life and degree intead, so all of us can see how very inferior we are to someone whom we should obviously be looking up to.

By the way, the licensing is happening company wide, so they must be getting rid of electricians at all locations, huh?

excellant point!

Of course not. If I talked intelligently, you would not understand me. Oh, and I've been back to work for over a month now. Thanks anyway.

Actually, it is pretty simple. Ford is requiring all electricians to be state licensed. First us, then the pipe fitters, then the welders. Has to do with the state law, I think.

You were the one that claimed my kids should go out and get jobs. I think that just shows how hard of a time you are having keeping the discussion on me, other than being jealous because I learned a trade. And my wife works. She probably brings home more than you. ;) And if she wants to leave, that is her choice. In fact, I'll help her pack her bag.

Federal, State, and FICA taxes added up to 31.87%. Not taxed as a bonus, because it isn't one. Oh, and I made travel plans for this spring. ;)

EDIT: Added to the post.

you know 'slappy' reminds me of that stupid, annoying, talking donkey on shrek!!!!

lol

To: All Previous Posters To This Thread

The most recent posts have kinda gone off track from the question I originally asked when I began this thread. For that reason I'd like to pose a specific question to both hourly and salary posters to see what, if any, thoughts you might have.

Here goes.

Would you be willing to accept Ford stock in lieu of part of your pay so that you would have some ownership in the company- especially at its current "bargain" rate?

If so, would that affect your personal attitude toward the company and your job in any way?

As an hourly worker, I would not accept any Ford stock as part of my compensation. The current management is running the company into the ground, and I have no confidence in them. From the production supervisor, all the way to Bill Ford, an outside firm should evaluate all salary workers and decide who is an asset to the company, and who is not.

And, to Woody and Slappy, I would also like to see some new rules for the company to be able to discipline the hourly employees for work rule violations, safety violations, and absenteeism. The absenteeism rate at my plant is abysmal.

Pioneer.

Thanks for addressing the question and your comments about non-productive employees. There are slackers in both the hourly and salaried ranks who have been carried by their co-workers for too long.

Since this forum is supposedly read by Ford management, its an easy way for the average employee to make his or her thoughts known to them. It was encouraging to read that some have already been taking the time and trouble to e-mail Bill Ford and others with suggestions.

Although you apparently have no confidence in any of the current Ford Management Team, I'm a bit more optimistic, especially since Bill Ford and his new team (excluding the Lions) appear to be open to any and all constructive ideas and suggestions from the Ford employees who design, engineer and build the vehicles we depend on for our paychecks, pensions and benefits along with the dealers who sell and service them.

If we don't offer our ideas when asked, how will we ever know if management really wants to hear and act upon them?

I've been around the block with new management ideas many times. If there was ever a time for true "employee involvement," that time is now. EI needs to really become an integral part of Ford and not simply another short lived program or catchy slogan.

Thanks again for your response Pioneer. I hope others will follow your lead and perhaps offer concrete suggestions of their own.

The most recent posts have kinda gone off track from the question I originally asked when I began this thread. For that reason I'd like to pose a specific question to both hourly and salary posters to see what, if any, thoughts you might have.

Here goes.

Would you be willing to accept Ford stock in lieu of part of your pay so that you would have some ownership in the company- especially at its current "bargain" rate?

If so, would that affect your personal attitude toward the company and your job in any way?

no....i already have 'ownership' of 'small' part of the company...keep MY pay the same......

Pioneer.

Thanks for addressing the question and your comments about non-productive employees. There are slackers in both the hourly and salaried ranks who have been carried by their co-workers for too long.

Since this forum is supposedly read by Ford management, its an easy way for the average employee to make his or her thoughts known to them. It was encouraging to read that some have already been taking the time and trouble to e-mail Bill Ford and others with suggestions.

Although you apparently have no confidence in any of the current Ford Management Team, I'm a bit more optimistic, especially since Bill Ford and his new team (excluding the Lions) appear to be open to any and all constructive ideas and suggestions from the Ford employees who design, engineer and build the vehicles we depend on for our paychecks, pensions and benefits along with the dealers who sell and service them.

If we don't offer our ideas when asked, how will we ever know if management really wants to hear and act upon them?

I've been around the block with new management ideas many times. If there was ever a time for true "employee involvement," that time is now. EI needs to really become an integral part of Ford and not simply another short lived program or catchy slogan.

Thanks again for your response Pioneer. I hope others will follow your lead and perhaps offer concrete suggestions of their own.

you know, i have several hundred ideas... not going to mention them all here...but i do like bill, and hope he cleans house with the other salary that are non productive....and as pioneer mentioned, i would like to see all that addressed...not really hurting the avg guy(because there is going to be times when you cant be at work) but i am talking of the repeat offender..etc...i have several ideas regarding the operational management that is done VERY poorly....millions WASTED with excess steel(made from good parts) not being recycled etc......just unreal, because if you cut down on some of these then you would be able to pay the prod. worker his wages.....in my old dept. we have 7 lines with 8 bosses overseeing us...this is a bit 'excessive' should only be one boss... let the hourly run the show...we know what to do..just hand us the schedule......well now on my current line the boss is SO screwed up....we do 3-4 changeovers a day when only 1-2 is needed........stuff like that can really help the overall productivity.....well enough of my feelings

Here goes.

FLORIDA RETIREE,

I am retired. Ford Stock in lieu of part of pay is a good idea. I have decided to participate in the Ford Employee Retiree Network part of the BlueOvalForums and have raised the "Ford Stock in lieu" idea.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by Richard Smith

FLORDIA RETIREE,

I am retired. Ford Stock in lieu of part of pay is a good idea. I have decided to participate in the Ford Employee Retiree Network part of the BlueOvalForums and have raised the "Ford Stock in lieu" idea.

Thanks for your time.

If it is such a great idea, would you be willing to take Ford stock in lieu of a Pension?

Easy to suggest it now that less of us are at work to support legacy costs (read: your pension).

If it is such a great idea, would you be willing to take Ford stock in lieu of a Pension?

Easy to suggest it now that less of us are at work to support legacy costs (read: your pension).

Fair question.

Actually, since Ford Stock is such a significant part of my 401-K, it's already part of my retirement income. If it came down to receiving shares in lieu of pension dollar reduction, I'd probably have to accept that too as long as I could sell without restriction. The way Ford's financial picture is now and for the forseeable future, any real appreciation of my 401-K Ford stock will probably benefit my heirs rather than my wife and myself.

Also, now that medicare is my primary insurer, Ford's legacy costs in that area are minimal so having less of you at work to "support me" in that area is almost a moot point. In addition to all of the money I paid to the government while working for more than 50 years, workers outside of Ford are having to share the burden.

That brings up a question I have about Ford's health care plan. Is there a difference between coverage for hourly and salaried workers? From reading the posts in this forum and elswehere, I've gotten the impression that the hourly health benefits are covered under a different set of rules. For example: Does medicare automatically become the primary coverage for hourly employees when they turn 65 with Ford's becoming secondary as it did for me? If you could enlighten me in this area, I'd appreciate it very much.

Actually, since Ford Stock is such a significant part of my 401-K, it's already part of my retirement income. If it came down to receiving shares in lieu of pension dollar reduction, I'd probably have to accept that too as long as I could sell without restriction. The way Ford's financial picture is now and for the forseeable future, any real appreciation of my 401-K Ford stock will probably benefit my heirs rather than my wife and myself.
As far as what is outside your Ford Pension, be it Ford Stock or Willie's Wooden Widget Works stock, is neither here nor there, we all choose to invest in what we believe will bring us income, has no bearing on what you get from Ford now, other than you made good enough money while you were working to invest. We all hope to have the same opportunity.

Also, now that medicare is my primary insurer, Ford's legacy costs in that area are minimal so having less of you at work to "support me" in that area is almost a moot point. In addition to all of the money I paid to the government while working for more than 50 years, workers outside of Ford are having to share the burden.
Unless you paid out your pension at retirement, you "pension" IS a legacy cost, seeing that the pension "fund" is only funded at a fraction of its actual long-term obligation. Workers today create the products which in turn fund the pension you now enjoy. Jsst as when you worked you paid for those before you. We only hope that there will be a Ford to fund my retirement.

As far as your Medicare is concerned (in the US), I cannot coment, as in Canada, "Medicare" is part of our health system from start to end. Our benefits coverage consist of drug, dental, vision, etc. not primary health costs.

As far as what is outside your Ford Pension, be it Ford Stock or Willie's Wooden Widget Works stock, is neither here nor there, we all choose to invest in what we believe will bring us income, has no bearing on what you get from Ford now, other than you made good enough money while you were working to invest. We all hope to have the same opportunity.

I sincerely hope Ford will be solvent enough to provide you and many others great opportunities for years to come.

I'm not going to belabor my 401-K situation since your point is both valid and well taken. I only brought it up because unlike an investment in "Willie's Wooden Widget Works stock," I invested a portion of my income in Ford, a company I was not only proud to work for but one which I believed was going to be around for a long time. Only time will tell if that was a good investment for me and everyone else who kept their Ford stock.

On the other hand, had I invested my savings into "Willie's Wooden Widget Works stock," I'd be concerned with how employees at "Willie's Wooden Widget Works" felt about Willie and his Widgets and what, if anything, they were willing to do to help keep it a viable company.

For now, I'm only concerned about comments and ideas from employees at "Billy's (Ford) Car and Truck Works."

Edited by FLORIDA RETIREE

I'm not trying to belittle the fact that you reinvested your money in Ford, please don't take it as such.

My father retired from 30 years at Ford (and died a few years after), and my father-in-law had 38 in when he retired at 59, and died 6 months after. Chances are that their legacy cost are also next to nothing. It's a shame.

As others have stated here, if I had faith in those people who really have the power to improve things, a stock benefit would indeed be attractive.

But at present, based on their track record, "a bird in hand is worth two in the bush".

I'm not trying to belittle the fact that you reinvested your money in Ford, please don't take it as such.

My father retired from 30 years at Ford (and died a few years after), and my father-in-law had 38 in when he retired at 59, and died 6 months after. Chances are that their legacy cost are also next to nothing. It's a shame.

As others have stated here, if I had faith in those people who really have the power to improve things, a stock benefit would indeed be attractive.

But at present, based on their track record, "a bird in hand is worth two in the bush".

OAC Sparky

Thanks for your thoughtful and poignant reply.

Actually, I didn't take your comments as belittling. My reply was just an attempt to illustrate my position and have a little fun with a play on your words.

I'd have to agree that "a bird in the hand" is worth two in the bush these days

I am not a Ford employee. I am just an outside party who has invested and lost a lot into this company.

I have to say that from an outsiders perspective, both management and the UAW are to blame for Ford's problems. Neither side can expect to get any sympathy from the buying public.

In the end, if Ford does go the way of Eastern Airlines, life will go on the same as it always has. And no one outside of Ford Motor Company would give a shit.

I am not a Ford employee. I am just an outside party who has invested and lost a lot into this company.

I have to say that from an outsiders perspective, both management and the UAW are to blame for Ford's problems. Neither side can expect to get any sympathy from the buying public.

In the end, if Ford does go the way of Eastern Airlines, life will go on the same as it always has. And no one outside of Ford Motor Company would give a shit.

Ah, but it will, that is where the airlines and auto industry differ.

1. The republicans would be out of a job for at least 8yrs, almost all of em. Why? Cause it is ok to point the fickle finger of fate at terrorists for the airline industrys woes, and most of the winners in the airline industry...in this country anyway is domestic types. You can't do that with the domestic auto industry though. Right or wrong, true or untrue, if GM and/or Ford collapse, you will cede one of the largest remaining industrys to foreign entities. The yell will be, "to much free trade." (which is in error as far as this example, but trust me when I say it will work nicely) The opposition will have a field day with this, and thusly bye-bye to any conservative thinking. Remember the margin that Bush was elected under......both times. GM, Ford, and a few other unions all voting TOTALLY in the opposite direction, will change the course of history in the next 8yrs. If they were smart, the republicans would pay mooooore attention to what is going on with labor for once, and they would come up with a plan! Trust me when I tell you that out of the 75 or so people I speak with weekly, over half voted for Bush both times. They need to forget who the UAW backs then punish them for it, and remember that many of us don't listen to a darn thing the UAW says anyway, lolol!! Reagan democrats will go the way of the horse and buggy if they don't wake up soon! Reagan was not the architect, but was on board for the saving of Chrysler, that is where many of these union people came from after seeing he would protect our industries. The current crop of politicians could learn a thing or two from the man known as "The Great Communicator!"

2. Did you see what happened under the savings and loan debacle? That will be nothing if retirees from either/both companies are added to the government roles of retirement benefits. Just look at GM alone!!! While they have only employees in the hundred of thousands, almost 2 1/2 million sattelite jobs rely on their survival. This problem IS NOT a steel company dropping off one at a time guys, this is the possibility of around 50% (if ya count both companys) of American auto manufaturing power idled, and/or restructured. You can say they would just come out lean and mean, but that is not the point here, we are talking the costs to the government, the employees, the economy, and the confidence of the consumer of these products in certainly the short term.

3. Because of all of this, taxes will surely rise, meaning even if you purchased a foreign car in the near past, this scenario is still going to make you pay, and pay, and pay as the deficits will rise considerably.

As far as Ford stock...........yes of course I would accept it, as long as it was a contribution to my 401k without to many longterm restrictions on sale inside that same 401k. (maybe a year, 18 months tops) Why would I accept it???? Because we all know that Ford; just like any other publically held stock, must do things sometimes not in the best interest of the company or employees, to make the stockholders happy. If they do not "kiss the stockholders butts, they selllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, and the stock price, droooooppppppssss quickly, which gives the effects of some of the problems we see now. The more we hold in shares, the less volatile the stock becomes.

If they did such a thing as a 401K contribution, it is really not that big a deal unless the company goes under, then that will be the least of our worries. The smart investor; if he has anything going into Ford stock now through his 401k, just makes that money buy non Ford securities. Also, if you have 10% going into your 401K and want to make the same amount of money, just drop it equally to what they putting in for you, not really a big deal........that is of course unless you aren't investing any cash in anything at all, in which case all I can say is, SHAME ON YOU!!!!! The rich don't stay rich because they have all their liquid assets in a bank somewhere you know. In fact, at todays interest rates if you do, your wealth is dropping year, by year, by year. Not smart if you losing cash on your holdings, and your company is talking like Ford in regards to retirement pay.

Edited by Imawhosure

Sparky,

Yes, I would accept Ford Stock in lieu of part of my Pension. I need to know the specific offer details - but I like the concept. Say for example: Reduce my Pension by $80/month and give me 10 Ford Shares. My Future Pension would then be $80 less but I would always get 10 shares each month weither the stock was at $5 or $56/share.

Under all conditions the Pension Fund must be Financially sound - not like the current Social Security System.

I'm going to carry this discussion to the "Ford Employee Retiree Network" forum.

Edited by Richard Smith