Ford Survival

FLORIDA RETIREE

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These posts are evidence that there's no hope for the U.S; Americans are hopelessly divided, and right-wing insanity has taken over. :)

Did you ever realize that maybe the left is responsible as well? Look at the magazine rags, newspapers, outfits like CNN telling "the typical American consumer" that foreign cars are better. You wonder where your liberal cocksucker friends are really coming from now don't you? :rolleyes:

You always whine and bitch about the right. Place the blame where it belongs. ON BOTH SIDES! :angry:

A few years back we were getting record profit-sharing checks and If Im not mistaking we were all well paid with great benefits at the time. Why should we give up what has been fought for for years because some asshole ran the co. in the dirt. We have 600 medicals walking around with a clip-board doing nothing (in one plant) while ford pays 27$ an hour to someone else to do their job. About these rebates and zero% financing, they are driving us into bankruptcy. I know its moving cars and trucks but at what cost? The big three needs to get together and agree to do away with the big incentives, there killing us all. Just my two $. haha

I fail to understand why any of you people let this Dark punk get to you. I have been reading these posts for a while and the one thing that really stands out consistently is his talking in circles. Here you have a little insecure punk who tries his best to make people think that he is happy. We all know the type. The type of guy that tells everyone that he has the world by the ass, how great his life is, etc., ec., etc.. I've got news for all of you, HE"S LYING to you people. Read the nonsensical garbage that he spews on a daily basis, this kid doesn't even have his undergrad, let a lone a masters. He is trying to make you all think that he's got it going on. It's called an inferiority complex, and he has it bad, for he kinows that he is not far from losing his Ford job and the benefits that he enjoys and feels so strongly that he has earned. Perhaps he'll just have to focus his time and efforts to his latest load of crap, the big online business that he started. Give me a break. Educated people don't waste their precious time throwing F bombs around on a computer. This punk has the biggest case of small man's syndrome that I have ever seen. My guess, his daddy didn't play with him very much when he was a child. Anyways, that's what makes people like him feel good on the inside, telling all of you folks these self justification tales. In all actuallity, one of you ought to offer this little boy a hug, because he's scared, and rightfully so. You are right sir, the benefits that we have enjoyed since the times of large profit are owed almost directly to the older workforce. Now we all have to recognize that the financial practices of all companies must change with the economic climate of the word. The time to change is now. He can bitch about and blame the government all he wants, but if things don't change drastically he and many others will lose their jobs, and their beloved benefits, and there will be nothing that anyone can do about it. Then he'll wish that he had chanelled some of his energies towards actually getting a degree from a reputable university, instead of constantly rambling in incomplete sentences about what he will and won't do and asking people to suck his dick. Those of us that have educated ourselves, can see right through his phony little act. A sad story, actually, of a very lonely boy. Bet i'll get sworn at now. What a tough guy he is!

no ,your just so MIS informed.....your wrong about everything....i am alot older then you think.....and also have a degree, and am working on furthering it....so there.....and i wont lose my job..not really worried if i do....i am more concerned with things i can control... and so much of the older gen. does not want change...so most likely the company will die...not by my doing......LOL

Wow, how very impressive. You should be so proud, selling all of your vacation back at nearly %50 tax rates. What a fiscal genius you are. And you get to have a journeyman's card from the world renowned Ford apprenticeship program? You are one lucky guy. Only problem is, there are very few companies in this world that would have any use for a laid off Ford electrician. You see, the uaw endorsed aprenticeship programs are not very well respected in the real world. Most employers in the manufacturing world have a pretty good idea of what goes on inside these buildings, and therefore won't hire folks like you. And since you are so low in seniority that you are getting laid off for 4 1/2 months out of the year, i'd say that your job is not real stable there Mr. Pionee. Fortunately for you however, you have forged a pretty strong relationship with Mr. Dark 270. Maybe he can find a place for a skilled individual like you within his big "online" enterprise. After all, somebody is gonna have to wire the lights that he plans to use to highlight all of his academic achievements. You sir, are a very lucky man. Will you now offer me the honor of a couple of cuss words to show everybody your true toughness? Maybe your fellow Monroe bitch will do it for you. I'll be waiting.

WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR INFO???? at least he has a card...he can go anywhere and work with that..GEEZ where are you working now?

A state journeyman's card isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Keep dreaming, loser, you'll be jobless after 07. And yes you eneducated schlep, your leftover vacation is and will be taxed as a bonus. Surprise! But for a guy like you, constantly gloating and bragging about all of your well deserved benefits, why are you selling them back? Pretty hard up for the cash, huh Mr. Pioneer? Maybe it's time to get those dependants that you keep bragging about off of their fat asses and put em to work. That way you and your little butt buddy can sit around and stroke each other while you both don't have jobs, except of course for the big online business that Mr. Darkie has started, you know with all of his degrees and such. Then in your spare time, you can swear at people over a computer screen and other cool stuff like that. Man, you've got it going on, Mr. soon to be state of Michigan certified electrician. Now that is a job with a future. Michigan is a booming state! Wow, you go boy. Lucky devil.

is that all you can come up with is name calling?? wow.......so impressive.....did you work at ford at one time or are you salary too?? he might have the best chance at a good job outside of ford as all of us!!....what a joke....you should grow up!

Slapshot2, Richard Smith, Sprocket, Retiree, and a few others,

I apologize sincerely for going off on this guy. I can't justify such a tirade against a kid, just cause I have kids older than him, and 1 certainly younger. They all deserve a break for sure, as while our education system prepares them for life, only experience along with an education can bring them to conclusions that benefit society as a whole.(which is exactly why our forefathers put an age restriction on the presidency)

As a poster succintly pointed out, "we have all been there," and that is a true statement. Another poster pointed out "how we can't agree on anything," and that is also sad along with true. I believe it was the Pumpster and I who once got into a heated disagreement, and the more we wrote, the more we began to see each others point of view. To his credit,(and mine) he did not use expletives to flash the arguement, and while we never agreed on each others premise, we learned to respect each others point of view much more, understanding that we both have valid points.

As for sprocket2, none of that diatribe was meant towards you, or many of the hardworking young people that attempt to help us get where we need to go. You are correct when you say that lazyness is just not permeating the young, many of those I hired in with were dead weight, and still are. If I had my way, I would fire them YESTERDAY, seniority or not. Not you, nor I, nor pumpster, or pioneer, or even Dark, deserve to carry deadweight on our backs, if they are playing a continuous game of doing the hardest work, to avoid work!

All that being said, as all of you are aware, (or should be) I think conservatively in life, and politics. Do not think that I am a blinded supporter of everything republican though, as you would be wrong. Whenever someone gets up with "fire and brimestone" and starts spouting conservative ideas, I cringe. They call the wrath of God down, start talking negatively about gays or lesbians, and a host of other groups in our country. How in the heck is that going to convince anyone to think about what you are saying?(just look at my stupid post about dark) I am guessing when outsiders get to posts with expletives, they stop reading too! I do not wish any of us put in that group unless we personally decide to join it.

Now then, I am an autoworker and belong to our union. What irritates me most is not many of us disagree on our best plan of action, but rather we have people reading our boards, and see the expletives and swearing constantly of a guy like Dark. That is the representation that they will take from here, where in virtually every thread, he drops 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 F bombs, and basks in the glory of having to do nothing for pay. They won't even read far enough to attempt to understand our point of view as they are turned off by the language, and miss the facts we bring to the table to support our premise.

I don't mind a difference of opinion, but to have people think that kind of attitude runs throughout our union ranks is unacceptable, I know for a fact almost all of you people work very, very, hard. His words help perpetuate the myth we are lazy good for nothings, and uneducated smartasses to boot. Not to mention our voacabulary belongs in the gutter.

So then, to all of you I say----->I will never again attack a fellow employee, just because he claims I have ahlzeimers, can't hear, am old and worthless, need a hearing aid, tells me to su** his di**, calls me a fu****, etc, etc. Also, I will never again attempt to help one of our retirees from being attacked by the same sort of language from anyone, even if the attacking poster needs to be censored for ignorance.

I was kinda hoping someone would be nice and cool his jets in his own best interest, but since they didn't, I made a fatal error in judgement when I attempted to shut him up myself by taking his tact..............I thought with language like that, no one would want him to champion their position, and watch him brow beat co-workers with language best served in a bar.

I was obviously wrong in my assumption......you live and learn something new everyday........even if you are older, lololol!!!! From here forward, I will ignore him and others like him. The debate on fixing our problems is more important than shutting up one malcontent. Sooner or later we all will be asked to make a decision, and while we all can agree to disagree, we deserve to have all ideas put inside a basket, then let us choose which ones we believe will work best in our situation.

It is plain that many won't even consider anything I say, if you think I am as goofy as he is!!!!!

Again, I apologize for mirroring a personality trait I despise; someone who can't debate their stance, but rather uses a foul mouth and personal attacks, to shock opposition into submission.

Edited by Imawhosure

no ,your just so MIS informed.....your wrong about everything....i am alot older then you think.....and also have a degree, and am working on furthering it....so there.....and i wont lose my job..not really worried if i do....i am more concerned with things i can control... and so much of the older gen. does not want change...so most likely the company will die...not by my doing......LOL

WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR INFO???? at least he has a card...he can go anywhere and work with that..GEEZ where are you working now?

is that all you can come up with is name calling?? wow.......so impressive.....did you work at ford at one time or are you salary too?? he might have the best chance at a good job outside of ford as all of us!!....what a joke....you should grow up!

Most contractors outside of the auto industry are not at all interested in hiring former tradesmen from the auto plants. They are not typically perceived as the hardest of workers or most intelligent when it comes to the electrical trade. Not to mention, commercial electricians are a dime a dozen, so the work line will be extremely long when Mr. Pioneer gets there. As for your recurring claims that you have earned a college degree, you are a liar. I, and I am sure many others, can tell quite plainly from reading your verbage that you have not the skills or ambition to have obtained such an accomplishment. Those that do are comfortable enough with themselves that they don't need to tell people on a daily basis about themselves and their accomplishments. Please humor me however, where is this degree from and in what concentration?

I am not a name caller sir, but I get a little tired of you and your friend talking all of the nonsense that you do on this board. Whether you like it or not, those that came before us are owed a great deal of respect. You have no idea apparently how hard these folks had to work years ago. They stood strong, and helped us to get the benefits that you and I enjoy today. No, most are not very open to change. That will come from us, the younger folks who will take over as the older guys leave. They have a right to count on us to keep their pension checks coming. The way we do this is to help the company to be successful again. Not sit back and root for layoffs. Layoffs represent a bad thing when they happen with any frequency, such as in your case. Even if it makes you happy, keep it to yourself. There are many out there that have far greater to lose than yourself and the egg you throw in their faces is uncalled for and childish. Despite what you preach, you will be hurt if you lose your job at Ford, quit trying to say otherwise. Nobody believes you!

Slapshot2, Richard Smith, Sprocket, Retiree, and a few others,

I apologize sincerely for going off on this guy. I can't justify such a tirade against a kid, just cause I have kids older than him, and 1 certainly younger. They all deserve a break for sure, as while our education system prepares them for life, only experience along with an education can bring them to conclusions that benefit society as a whole.(which is exactly why our forefathers put an age restriction on the presidency)

As a poster succintly pointed out, "we have all been there," and that is a true statement. Another poster pointed out "how we can't agree on anything," and that is also sad along with true. I believe it was the Pumpster and I who once got into a heated disagreement, and the more we wrote, the more we began to see each others point of view. To his credit,(and mine) he did not use expletives to flash the arguement, and while we never agreed on each others premise, we learned to respect each others point of view much more, understanding that we both have valid points.

As for sprocket2, none of that diatribe was meant towards you, or many of the hardworking young people that attempt to help us get where we need to go. You are correct when you say that lazyness is just not permeating the young, many of those I hired in with were dead weight, and still are. If I had my way, I would fire them YESTERDAY, seniority or not. Not you, nor I, nor pumpster, or pioneer, or even Dark, deserve to carry deadweight on our backs, if they are playing a continuous game of doing the hardest work, to avoid work!

All that being said, as all of you are aware, (or should be) I think conservatively in life, and politics. Do not think that I am a blinded supporter of everything republican though, as you would be wrong. Whenever someone gets up with "fire and brimestone" and starts spouting conservative ideas, I cringe. They call the wrath of God down, start talking negatively about gays or lesbians, and a host of other groups in our country. How in the heck is that going to convince anyone to think about what you are saying?(just look at my stupid post about dark) I am guessing when outsiders get to posts with expletives, they stop reading too! I do not wish any of us put in that group unless we personally decide to join it.

Now then, I am an autoworker and belong to our union. What irritates me most is not many of us disagree on our best plan of action, but rather we have people reading our boards, and see the expletives and swearing constantly of a guy like Dark. That is the representation that they will take from here, where in virtually every thread, he drops 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 F bombs, and basks in the glory of having to do nothing for pay. They won't even read far enough to attempt to understand our point of view as they are turned off by the language, and miss the facts we bring to the table to support our premise.

I don't mind a difference of opinion, but to have people think that kind of attitude runs throughout our union ranks is unacceptable, I know for a fact almost all of you people work very, very, hard. His words help perpetuate the myth we are lazy good for nothings, and uneducated smartasses to boot. Not to mention our voacabulary belongs in the gutter.

So then, to all of you I say----->I will never again attack a fellow employee, just because he claims I have ahlzeimers, can't hear, am old and worthless, need a hearing aid, tells me to su** his di**, calls me a fu****, etc, etc. Also, I will never again attempt to help one of our retirees from being attacked by the same sort of language from anyone, even if the attacking poster needs to be censored for ignorance.

I was kinda hoping someone would be nice and cool his jets in his own best interest, but since they didn't, I made a fatal error in judgement when I attempted to shut him up myself by taking his tact..............I thought with language like that, no one would want him to champion their position, and watch him brow beat co-workers with language best served in a bar.

I was obviously wrong in my assumption......you live and learn something new everyday........even if you are older, lololol!!!! From here forward, I will ignore him and others like him. The debate on fixing our problems is more important than shutting up one malcontent. Sooner or later we all will be asked to make a decision, and while we all can agree to disagree, we deserve to have all ideas put inside a basket, then let us choose which ones we believe will work best in our situation.

It is plain that many won't even consider anything I say, if you think I am as goofy as he is!!!!!

Again, I apologize for mirroring a personality trait I despise; someone who can't debate their stance, but rather uses a foul mouth and personal attacks, to shock opposition into submission.

well i wont submit...and because i enjoy a TLO that makes me LAZY??

no i am not lazy and am not a kid...

if you dont want/like me cussing just say so, you know ask kindly and i might not do it....

however you are/were wrong to judge me like that....you dont work on my line or see how i work...i more then carry my load...make sure we make the best parts at the fastest pace., but alas once again, since i cuss i must be the DEVIL and evil without end...right? i do like cussing, but just because i do doesn't mean i am so idiot that cant do his job! even tho you weren't writing me i was wrong on calling you name...and for that i'm sorry, surprise! we do have alot of older people at my plant that really milk te system and jsut do anything to get out of work......also have some young poeple with the same attitude..so that does suck, but i am not one of them! i do realize that they are some valued employees that are older and do thier jobs...which is good, and fine...

if you dont want/like me cussing just say so, you know ask kindly and i might not do it....

however you are/were wrong to judge me like that....you dont work on my line or see how i work...i more then carry my load...make sure we make the best parts at the fastest pace., but alas once again, since i cuss i must be the DEVIL and evil without end...right? i do like cussing, but just because i do doesn't mean i am so idiot that cant do his job! even tho you weren't writing me i was wrong on calling you name...and for that i'm sorry, surprise! we do have alot of older people at my plant that really milk te system and jsut do anything to get out of work......also have some young poeple with the same attitude..so that does suck, but i am not one of them! i do realize that they are some valued employees that are older and do thier jobs...which is good, and fine...

There are those people everywhere. There is nothing you can do about it. All you can affect is, as you said earlier, the things that you can control. Don't get me wrong, I like your passion, I just wish that you chanelled it in a better direction. There are people that go on these boards and get a real kick out of the dis harmony amongst our workforce. And those people talk. None of us like all that is going on in the industry today, management or union. There are going to be tough times for all of us ahead as it pertains to this industry. The last thing we need to do is make it any worse. I do believe that we can help to lead a huge recovery for this compnany. We need to change the things that we can, and hope that the management teams at the top are going to take care of their end of the bargain. Hopefully the UAW wll allow the company some lattitude in weeding out some of the more problem areas within all of our plants, which will undoubtably help to secure all of our futures. I think you know that the workforce as a whole has created a great deal of the problems that we face today. The absenteeism and lack of firm discipline policies are a huge cost to the company. Changes such as this would be a big start towards the direction that we need to go, at least within the plants. The change must start somewhere though.

Most contractors outside of the auto industry are not at all interested in hiring former tradesmen from the auto plants. They are not typically perceived as the hardest of workers or most intelligent when it comes to the electrical trade. Not to mention, commercial electricians are a dime a dozen, so the work line will be extremely long when Mr. Pioneer gets there. As for your recurring claims that you have earned a college degree, you are a liar. I, and I am sure many others, can tell quite plainly from reading your verbage that you have not the skills or ambition to have obtained such an accomplishment. Those that do are comfortable enough with themselves that they don't need to tell people on a daily basis about themselves and their accomplishments. Please humor me however, where is this degree from and in what concentration?

I am not a name caller sir, but I get a little tired of you and your friend talking all of the nonsense that you do on this board. Whether you like it or not, those that came before us are owed a great deal of respect. You have no idea apparently how hard these folks had to work years ago. They stood strong, and helped us to get the benefits that you and I enjoy today. No, most are not very open to change. That will come from us, the younger folks who will take over as the older guys leave. They have a right to count on us to keep their pension checks coming. The way we do this is to help the company to be successful again. Not sit back and root for layoffs. Layoffs represent a bad thing when they happen with any frequency, such as in your case. Even if it makes you happy, keep it to yourself. There are many out there that have far greater to lose than yourself and the egg you throw in their faces is uncalled for and childish. Despite what you preach, you will be hurt if you lose your job at Ford, quit trying to say otherwise. Nobody believes you!

NOBODY believes you either..i certainly dont.

There are those people everywhere. There is nothing you can do about it. All you can affect is, as you said earlier, the things that you can control. Don't get me wrong, I like your passion, I just wish that you chanelled it in a better direction. There are people that go on these boards and get a real kick out of the dis harmony amongst our workforce. And those people talk. None of us like all that is going on in the industry today, management or union. There are going to be tough times for all of us ahead as it pertains to this industry. The last thing we need to do is make it any worse. I do believe that we can help to lead a huge recovery for this compnany. We need to change the things that we can, and hope that the management teams at the top are going to take care of their end of the bargain. Hopefully the UAW wll allow the company some lattitude in weeding out some of the more problem areas within all of our plants, which will undoubtably help to secure all of our futures. I think you know that the workforce as a whole has created a great deal of the problems that we face today. The absenteeism and lack of firm discipline policies are a huge cost to the company. Changes such as this would be a big start towards the direction that we need to go, at least within the plants. The change must start somewhere though.

no they dont need more room to screw us....they need better management.....as it is 90% of the problem!

Well, you "enjoy" your TLO, at least in part, because you get 95% of your 40 Hours pay. Do I see anything wrong with that? Yes, considering the criticism of UAW members, like yourself "enjoying" your TLO, came from members of other unions (namely UFCW - United Food and Commercial Workers International Union - and International Chemical Workers Union) and that those union members located in Ohio cited the UAW members "enjoying" (and fucking bragging about it) their TLO as THE REASON they were buying Honda's, the yea, I have a problem with your "enjoyment" of your TLO.

Really. Then you must be a liar.

I forgot about the loser comment. My apologies on that. I detest the practice of always looking to the union for help in getting out of something. Being paid by the company to stay home, while nice, is completely impractical and unexplainable to our customers. This should not be discusssed in any public forum. Calling somebody a liar however, is to question their integrity as to their lack of justification for comments that they have made. I do not consider that to be a standard name calling situation, sorry if you do.

Well, you "enjoy" your TLO, at least in part, because you get 95% of your 40 Hours pay. Do I see anything wrong with that? Yes, considering the criticism of UAW members, like yourself "enjoying" your TLO, came from members of other unions (namely UFCW - United Food and Commercial Workers International Union - and International Chemical Workers Union) and that those union members located in Ohio cited the UAW members "enjoying" (and fucking bragging about it) their TLO as THE REASON they were buying Honda's, the yea, I have a problem with your "enjoyment" of your TLO.

hey len, nice to see you on! but really...dont you think they are just saying that...i mean....hey i see my neighbors window is pink so i am getting a red one.....and even if my tlo was totally unpaid and offered to me i would take it....and still enjoy it!!!!! i cant account for what they said or did... but that shouldn't influence you THAT much....i mean part of that is heresay, untill i see numbers and actually people saying the bought such and such.....i wont believe it, they get bad media/press all the time...just look in the d. news doesn't mean i believe every word.....

I forgot about the loser comment. My apologies on that. I detest the practice of always looking to the union for help in getting out of something. Being paid by the company to stay home, while nice, is completely impractical and unexplainable to our customers. This should not be discusssed in any public forum. Calling somebody a liar however, is to question their integrity as to their lack of justification for comments that they have made. I do not consider that to be a standard name calling situation, sorry if you do.

why not discuss it here? they discuss our pay and benefits to the public and EVERYTHING ELSE??

and do you really know my integrity? you dont even know me...beside that is very presumptous on your part....again, assume away.....LOL

NOBODY believes you either..i certainly dont.

no they dont need more room to screw us....they need better management.....as it is 90% of the problem!

You still have not answered the question. Where is the degree from, and in what area of concentation? This should be something you are proud of, not a big secret. You refrence it often, so please, tell us more.

Never the fault of the hourly people though huh? Blaming management for all of our woes is a little redundant don't you think? What are we going to do to secure the future of our plants? Do not pretend that you do not see all of the waste that goes on inside these plants. At what point does the finger pointing stop and the hourly people start to take over the plants and the products? I think you would be amazed at how much empowerment the company would give us, if we would show that we could handle it. Historically speaking though, the hourly people will take advantage of every chance they get to screw over the company. This must change. The management team, by and large, will keep their jobs. Again I ask, what will you do?

hey len, nice to see you on! but really...dont you think they are just saying that...i mean....hey i see my neighbors window is pink so i am getting a red one.....and even if my tlo was totally unpaid and offered to me i would take it....and still enjoy it!!!!! i cant account for what they said or did... but that shouldn't influence you THAT much....i mean part of that is heresay, untill i see numbers and actually people saying the bought such and such.....i wont believe it, they get bad media/press all the time...just look in the d. news doesn't mean i believe every word.....

What's up dark270? I mean, besides yanking some peoples chains!!

This happen when I called on Heinz in Fremont, OH, and Toledo Edison. Some of it was just grousing, but let me tell you, there's some people who have a real hard-on for the UAW. My old office manager, from many years ago, was the son of a Goodyear employee, and I know that a lot of this comes from jealousy. Still, it's more business that the Detroit automakers lose. Don't know what to tell you.

Just as a side note, one of the Heinz employees came in on his day off when he heard I was stopping by to say "Good Bye" when I was quiting that job and leaving to work for Grainger. Son-of-a-bitch just had to see me one more time, and vent how spoiled all the UAW members were (they knew my dad worked at Ford because I was dumb enough to think having a UAW background would give me credibility selling to their skilled trades - little did that foolish young man know), yada, yada, yada. Of course the reason he wanted to tell me off was that I defended the UAW, adn the Big Three, on a regular basis. You know what? Sometimes I still do, even if y'all piss me off too!! LOL!! Have a good one!!

You still have not answered the question. Where is the degree from, and in what area of concentation? This should be something you are proud of, not a big secret. You refrence it often, so please, tell us more.

Never the fault of the hourly people though huh? Blaming management for all of our woes is a little redundant don't you think? What are we going to do to secure the future of our plants? Do not pretend that you do not see all of the waste that goes on inside these plants. At what point does the finger pointing stop and the hourly people start to take over the plants and the products? I think you would be amazed at how much empowerment the company would give us, if we would show that we could handle it. Historically speaking though, the hourly people will take advantage of every chance they get to screw over the company. This must change. The management team, by and large, will keep their jobs. Again I ask, what will you do?

first, as i said before i am done 'prving' myself to you..and beside i would tell you and you would just go off and say more bullshit about this or that..so no...it is not neccessary.

secondyou can find 'excess' everywhere but i have seen alot of management LOSE they're jobs..so NO they dont keep they're jobs....and the hourly people will never have 'controll' of they're plants/parts because management is too busy doing that FORD has tried that in the past and management is not giving that up.

last, you sound like your in the dark to alot of things going on in the plants....then again maybe you dont even work at one...

why not discuss it here? they discuss our pay and benefits to the public and EVERYTHING ELSE??

and do you really know my integrity? you dont even know me...beside that is very presumptous on your part....again, assume away.....LOL

So then prove me wrong. Where is the degree from? You speak of it often, let's here more. If it were a privacy thing you would have never brought it up in the past. Please, tell us more.

As for the rest of your comments. Mr Darkie, you know darn good and well that the vast majority of the things you read in the local media are leaked by the UAW. Ford is very strict on their privacy policies, and they do not share our pay and benefits with the general public. That would be product suicide. It is your union brothers and sisters that give the press all of the ammo to attack us. I expected better from you. You can't blame everything on the management team.

What's up dark270? I mean, besides yanking some peoples chains!!

This happen when I called on Heinz in Fremont, OH, and Toledo Edison. Some of it was just grousing, but let me tell you, there's some people who have a real hard-on for the UAW. My old office manager, from many years ago, was the son of a Goodyear employee, and I know that a lot of this comes from jealousy. Still, it's more business that the Detroit automakers lose. Don't know what to tell you.

Just as a side note, one of the Heinz employees came in on his day off when he heard I was stopping by to say "Good Bye" when I was quiting that job and leaving to work for Grainger. Son-of-a-bitch just had to see me one more time, and vent how spoiled all the UAW members were (they knew my dad worked at Ford because I was dumb enough to think having a UAW background would give me credibility selling to their skilled trades - little did that foolish young man know), yada, yada, yada. Of course the reason he wanted to tell me off was that I defended the UAW, adn the Big Three, on a regular basis. You know what? Sometimes I still do, even if y'all piss me off too!! LOL!! Have a good one!!

LOL.....okay i understand more. especially since you mentioned hienz... fatherin law worked there...

i do know the setiment is against us......i have seen and talked to people who feel the same way..but i find a strange bias in there statements etc..... almost as if they believe the media on everything they say....

guess we'll have to disagree about the TLO part but at least i understand where you are coming from...os thanks for enlightening me! ;)

first, as i said before i am done 'prving' myself to you..and beside i would tell you and you would just go off and say more bullshit about this or that..so no...it is not neccessary.

secondyou can find 'excess' everywhere but i have seen alot of management LOSE they're jobs..so NO they dont keep they're jobs....and the hourly people will never have 'controll' of they're plants/parts because management is too busy doing that FORD has tried that in the past and management is not giving that up.

last, you sound like your in the dark to alot of things going on in the plants....then again maybe you dont even work at one...

yes sir I do work at one. Do you really think that Ford wants to go out of business? Yes, they are getting rid of salaried heads, but the ones you speak of often, thiose at the top, will keep their jobs. You have more power than you think over your products and their production. You just need to take advantage of it. Show them that you are going to be a difference maker, that you know a better way. Somebody will listen to you, if you make sense.

So then prove me wrong. Where is the degree from? You speak of it often, let's here more. If it were a privacy thing you would have never brought it up in the past. Please, tell us more.

As for the rest of your comments. Mr Darkie, you know darn good and well that the vast majority of the things you read in the local media are leaked by the UAW. Ford is very strict on their privacy policies, and they do not share our pay and benefits with the general public. That would be product suicide. It is your union brothers and sisters that give the press all of the ammo to attack us. I expected better from you. You can't blame everything on the management team.

no i dont beleive the UAW leaks everything....where did you get that statement?

think FORD is 100% truthful? i got land to sell you on the moon! i dont blame EVERYTHING on management just 90% like i said in the last post.....and AGAIN i am done 'proving' myself to you...because you'll just say some more bullshit about this or that...

no i dont beleive the UAW leaks everything....where did you get that statement?

think FORD is 100% truthful? i got land to sell you on the moon! i dont blame EVERYTHING on management just 90% like i said in the last post.....and AGAIN i am done 'proving' myself to you...because you'll just say some more bullshit about this or that...

Agreed, you do not in fact have a degree. That is ok, there are many that don't. I would strongly reccomend that you take advantage of your etap monies and think about pursuing one. It will only help you in the long run. Sorry bud, but you are very wrong. The uaw has long tried to play on the sympathies of the general public by leaking info to the press. Name me one potential gain that the company would have in putting this info out?

yes sir I do work at one. Do you really think that Ford wants to go out of business? Yes, they are getting rid of salaried heads, but the ones you speak of often, thiose at the top, will keep their jobs. You have more power than you think over your products and their production. You just need to take advantage of it. Show them that you are going to be a difference maker, that you know a better way. Somebody will listen to you, if you make sense.

no i disagree.....i have ahd better ideas..about the millions they (MANAGEMENT AGAIN) WASTE in scrap etc....and NOBODY LISTENS!! they quote the old saying...nobody is paying you to think..so dont do it...

i do see it improving..only because they have to...but minimally so... and not really changing the rules....

OH is that so that top dog always keeps his job? then what about jac nasser..just to name one...???

Agreed, you do not in fact have a degree. That is ok, there are many that don't. I would strongly reccomend that you take advantage of your etap monies and think about pursuing one. It will only help you in the long run. Sorry bud, but you are very wrong. The uaw has long tried to play on the sympathies of the general public by leaking info to the press. Name me one potential gain that the company would have in putting this info out?

LOL

as i told you..i am done proving myself to you...as you dont seem too intelligent to comprehend it

and yes i do have one....LOL

no i disagree.....i have ahd better ideas..about the millions they (MANAGEMENT AGAIN) WASTE in scrap etc....and NOBODY LISTENS!! they quote the old saying...nobody is paying you to think..so dont do it...

i do see it improving..only because they have to...but minimally so... and not really changing the rules....

OH is that so that top dog always keeps his job? then what about jac nasser..just to name one...???

LOL

as i told you..i am done proving myself to you...as you dont seem too intelligent to comprehend it

and yes i do have one....LOL

So management creates scrap parts? They are not supposed to be running your machinery. You should tell somebody. If you truly care, and they won't listen, take things into your own hands. Send email to Bill Ford. Tell him that you have better ideas to improve the processes within your plant, and your managers have told you to go pound salt. He'll listen,I guarantee it. And, you'll get a response. You do care, don't you?

I never said that you needed to prove anything to me. I simply said that you very often putin your posts that you have a college degree and are pursuing your masters, I simply asked you to expound on this a little. You brought it up. Please share with the forum, you could perhaps be a role model to someone!

So management creates scrap parts? They are not supposed to be running your machinery. You should tell somebody. If you truly care, and they won't listen, take things into your own hands. Send email to Bill Ford. Tell him that you have better ideas to improve the processes within your plant, and your managers have told you to go pound salt. He'll listen,I guarantee it. And, you'll get a response. You do care, don't you?

I never said that you needed to prove anything to me. I simply said that you very often putin your posts that you have a college degree and are pursuing your masters, I simply asked you to expound on this a little. You brought it up. Please share with the forum, you could perhaps be a role model to someone!

no i dont need to be a role model...your constant naggin is not going to work...ALSO i do care....i have gone to 'somewhat' extreme ways.....no i didn't mean PARTS.....or scrap parts.....again please listen to what i am saying..i am talking of WASTE...scrap that they throw away wasted metal... some of it is natural by-product of machines running good.....this scrap gets 'wasted' and counted against my plant......etc..i have asked why not melt that down and sell it off for $$and had other ideas.....my plant had almost 10 million in scrap...NOT PARTS

just waste off of stamping and cats.....YES i do care...i want ford to succeed at ALL levels.....

but how can you be sure BILL FORD...will listen to me ? i would gladly speak to him....

no i dont need to be a role model...your constant naggin is not going to work...ALSO i do care....i have gone to 'somewhat' extreme ways.....no i didn't mean PARTS.....or scrap parts.....again please listen to what i am saying..i am talking of WASTE...scrap that they throw away wasted metal... some of it is natural by-product of machines running good.....this scrap gets 'wasted' and counted against my plant......etc..i have asked why not melt that down and sell it off for $$and had other ideas.....my plant had almost 10 million in scrap...NOT PARTS

just waste off of stamping and cats.....YES i do care...i want ford to succeed at ALL levels.....

but how can you be sure BILL FORD...will listen to me ? i would gladly speak to him....

Because I have e-mailed both him and Mark Fields. They do care what the hourly have to say, and want your ideas. If your plant is not recycling it's scrap then shame on it. Find somebody who is a blackbelt, talk with your union structure, demand that they listen. There have been sites created by dearborn recently to accept the ideas of the empoyees and to make sure that they are put into the right hands for review as to their plausability. They guarantee to follow up with you on your ideas. I think things are changing, but we have got to help them. They see more than anybody where they have gotten on their own.

Because I have e-mailed both him and Mark Fields. They do care what the hourly have to say, and want your ideas. If your plant is not recycling it's scrap then shame on it. Find somebody who is a blackbelt, talk with your union structure, demand that they listen. There have been sites created by dearborn recently to accept the ideas of the empoyees and to make sure that they are put into the right hands for review as to their plausability. They guarantee to follow up with you on your ideas. I think things are changing, but we have got to help them. They see more than anybody where they have gotten on their own.

WELL, i for one hope your right.....because ford needs that....and i WILL forward them some emails and see what becomes of it....although i am very doubtful anything at all will happen....BUT imust say this..i like bill ford..he has a 'approachable' attitude and i like what i see..however these are troubling times and only henry ford or someone like him can turn this ship around! it's too bad that they dont make things easier to change the plants and make them easier to build parts..ie robots etc....