2008 Explorers

Does anyone have information about the 2008 Exlporers? Specifically, what colors and options will be available (aside from Sync and Sony sound systems) and what incentives may be offered. Been looking at existing 07's but not ruling out an 08. I've heard that orders for the 08 start in May.

Thanks,

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone have information about the 2008 Exlporers? Specifically, what colors and options will be available (aside from Sync and Sony sound systems) and what incentives may be offered. Been looking at existing 07's but not ruling out an 08. I've heard that orders for the 08 start in May.

Thanks,

Dave

Ford annouced yesterday on April 15,2007 that the Explorer will be canceled for 2008!

Ford will replace the Explorer with the Ford Crossover Galaxy which is unitbody and offers awd and is based on the Volvo

I don't know exactly what body part of yours he was tugging on, but he was pulling pretty hard.

It's OK, I didn't feel a thing. The first tip off was that Ford released the news...on a Sunday! Ya, right. Secondly, I'm sure that since Ford hasn't even come close to amortizing their

investment in the 2006 redesign, they wouldn't be dropping it for 2008. I may not know the inner workings of Ford, but I do know how to ask questions and use Google and Wards to find the latest vehicle news.

Secondly, I'm sure that since Ford hasn't even come close to amortizing their

investment in the 2006 redesign, they wouldn't be dropping it for 2008.

It couldn't take too long to amortize a new interior and some new bumpers. Hopefully they put all the amortization toward the ugly-ass grille tooling first so it can be changed ASAP. If it wasn't for that dang grille, I would almost consider looking at one. As it is, I still think the 02-05 Explorers are the best-looking ones ever. Hmm..maybe I'll buy a used one :)

It couldn't take too long to amortize a new interior and some new bumpers. Hopefully they put all the amortization toward the ugly-ass grille tooling first so it can be changed ASAP. If it wasn't for that dang grille, I would almost consider looking at one. As it is, I still think the 02-05 Explorers are the best-looking ones ever. Hmm..maybe I'll buy a used one :)

Based on (poor) sales, I hate to say but you could be wrong. What do you find so offensive with the dang grill and which one specifically? What were they thinking (or smoking) when they gave the EB its own grill and the bottom and top models share the same grill? Have you seen the trim and grill on the Ironman? YIKES, now that's butt ugly.

Based on (poor) sales, I hate to say but you could be wrong. What do you find so offensive with the dang grill and which one specifically? What were they thinking (or smoking) when they gave the EB its own grill and the bottom and top models share the same grill? Have you seen the trim and grill on the Ironman? YIKES, now that's butt ugly.

I just really don't like ANY of the grille designs. The chrome that extends into the lower fascia is especially odd-looking. Look like an overblown VW. The EB grille I think is the most offensive with the little nostrils on the sides. The small horizontal bars on all of the designs just don't seem to be scaled properly to the rest of the vehicle. If the bars were thicker maybe it would look better. I like the Expedition grille a lot more.