How Bush has screwed real conservatives, and the republican party

Imawhosure

Super-rich population surges in 2006: survey

I'm not bashing these people, but wondering when people are going to realize that we can blame our fall on our government?

I do not believe that we are falling. The banking structure is probably a natural evolution of the capitalist system. We have to work within it. It is better to be ruled by faceless money changers than in-your-face communists. There is always going to be a system, and finding ways to beat it makes life interesting. We are continually producing more wealth with less labor. That is a good thing. We should not mourn the loss of jobs, but welcome our new-found wealth and/or leisure time. Jobs that no longer need doing, or can be done cheaper will disappear. That is the way it always has been. We just have to make sure that people do not become obsolete. We will find new products and services that people want. Government interference always makes things worse in the long run. Government is the reason that so many people are destitute to-day.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not believe that we are falling. The banking structure is probably a natural evolution of the capitalist system. We have to work within it. It is better to be ruled by faceless money changers than in-your-face communists. There is always going to be a system, and finding ways to beat it makes life interesting. We are continually producing more wealth with less labor. That is a good thing. We should not mourn the loss of jobs, but welcome our new-found wealth and/or leisure time. Jobs that no longer need doing, or can be done cheaper will disappear. That is the way it always has been. We just have to make sure that people do not become obsolete. We will find new products and services that people want. Government interference always makes things worse in the long run. Government is the reason that so many people are destitute to-day.

Falling as far as our money system, Everyday our dollar is worth less because of our governments spending habits. Look back to the founders and see that they were against a centralized banking system which controls everything, much like we have today.

As far as jobs I agree it is the way it has always been and always will be.

It seems that we had a debate raging on here two years ago about a tax plan that was developed where we would not pay hidden taxes but everything would be such as a sales tax, very visable. I believe it was the fairtax plan with the greatest debate being whether it was truly 23% or actually 30%. The truth it is both depending on how you are veiwing the tax as pre or after, inclusive or exclusive.

I supported this tax plan then and I still do today.

Even if it was 30%, it would be better than we are now.

What the federal tax system is costing you – besides your taxes! Tax compliance facts

In 2001 the average taxpayer paid $8,265 in taxes. With an estimated tax gap – which is

the difference between what taxpayers should pay and what they actually pay on a timely basis –

of $345 billion,2 this means that the 130 million taxpayers paid on average $2,649 more in taxes

to subsidize the unwillingness or inability of some taxpayers to pay their fair share.

In other words, if everyone paid the taxes they owed, average individual income taxes

paid per taxpayer could have been 32.1 percent less.

Spoken like a true manager!