What Kinda Workmanship Is This?

orange702

Old saying: "You can't sell snow to an Eskimo." The dealer has plenty of new Fusions, doesn't really need a used one unless the price is right. As I already said add hundreds of dollars of prep, advertising and they have to pay sales commissions and overhead after that the dealership owner would like to make a profit. If your car is worth so much you could pocket all that extra money by selling it yourself in 1-week and for top dollar just put an add in the Auto Trader...yea I didn't think so.

Seems to me UAW members don't like it when people slam them with insults like "lazy, greedy, uneducated, and yes drug addicts" so it's especially irritating hearing a UAW member bashing the people who are trying to sell the products you build.

Like I said sell it yourself and pocket the whole $18,000 hot shot.

Oh, and the F-150 is still Ford's hottest selling product NOT the Fusion.

I don't care what insaults you throw at the UAW. The bulk of the people do little more than drink. But I know first hand of the candy problems at dealerships. I must have hit a nail, you sound angry. It's just as resteraunts the whole sales and service industry is infected! I could have sold my car on E-Bay and got exactly what it was worth but rather than lose a great car with low miles by giving it away. I decided to keep it and reduce my monthly lybility!

Old saying: "You can't sell snow to an Eskimo." The dealer has plenty of new Fusions, doesn't really need a used one unless the price is right. As I already said add hundreds of dollars of prep, advertising and they have to pay sales commissions and overhead after that the dealership owner would like to make a profit. If your car is worth so much you could pocket all that extra money by selling it yourself in 1-week and for top dollar just put an add in the Auto Trader...yea I didn't think so.

Seems to me UAW members don't like it when people slam them with insults like "lazy, greedy, uneducated, and yes drug addicts" so it's especially irritating hearing a UAW member bashing the people who are trying to sell the products you build.

Like I said sell it yourself and pocket the whole $18,000 hot shot.

Oh, and the F-150 is still Ford's hottest selling product NOT the Fusion.

I don't care what insaults you throw at the UAW. The bulk of the people do little more than drink. But I know first hand of the candy problems at dealerships. I must have hit a nail, you sound angry. It's just as resteraunts the whole sales and service industry is infected! I could have sold my car on E-Bay and got exactly what it was worth but, rather than lose a great car with low miles. I decided to keep it and reduce my monthly lybility!

Edited by Furious1Auto

No nerve struck with me.

YOU were the one loosing your temper with outbursts like:

Fuck her My car was worth $18,000 a year old 10,000 miles never smoked in. She fucked herself.
I was trying to explain the reality of the situation, it's quite simple but you seem either unwilling to admit the truth or you really are that dense. I'm betting the latter after reading your rant
It's just as resteraunts the whole sales and service industry is infected!

So you refinanced your Fusion, good for you, which means you will be paying for that car what? 5,6,7 years! Here's another bit of advise, when financing any vehicle put at least 25% down and take the shortest term you can afford 3 or 4 years at most. Starting with A or D plan with 1/4 down you should never owe more than it's REALLY worth as a USED car.

:banghead: The Dealerships are Ford's biggest downfall. Ford Motor Co. needs to take more control of it's Dealerships. The salesmen try to screw you from the start, as soon as you walk in with your A-Plan pin number. Then, when you have warranty problems, the Service Dept. seldom ever fixes them right. I work for Ford, and I drive a Ford, but I hate dealing with the Dealerships. :banghead:

Some dealerships are definetly a problem, most are not. I bought my F-250 in 1990 (I know a long time ago and things have changed) Back then and I feel still today there are 2 things you do not want them to take apart, your drivetrain and you IP.

My truck has a 460 cid in it and it had a knock. After 4 trips to Kribs Ford City (now out of business) and a threat to use the "Lemon Law" on them they finally heard the knock. #8 piston was .002 to small. After 3 weeks in the shop I got it back and had 12 more trips back to them for things they induced from the repair. This included a wire loom that melted in half 2 days later from laying on the exhaust because of improper routing. That does not include what I fixed myself because I did not want them to touch my truck, if I could avoid it.

FoMoCo corporate told me not to patronize this dealer, and told me to pass it along to others. Strange huh? What it boiled down to was that this dealer "Grandfathered" in under the new FoMoCo's quality programs and unlike other dealers their charter could not be pulled by FoMoCo for failing to comply with or meet these standards.

Being an employee I still continued to buy FoMoCo vehicles, and I always will, but if I had not been the experience would have certainly turned me away.

I still own my truck, it has become part of the family, even my wife is dead set on not getting rid of it, despite gas prices. She told me she wants me to keep it and do what I have always wanted, make it barely street legal. What a gal!

17 years old and 200,000 miles through all sorts of terrain and still rolling although is does not look as pretty as it once did, it always gets the job done. Something I know Yotota can not claim.

No nerve struck with me.

YOU were the one loosing your temper with outbursts like: I was trying to explain the reality of the situation, it's quite simple but you seem either unwilling to admit the truth or you really are that dense. I'm betting the latter after reading your rant

So you refinanced your Fusion, good for you, which means you will be paying for that car what? 5,6,7 years! Here's another bit of advise, when financing any vehicle put at least 25% down and take the shortest term you can afford 3 or 4 years at most. Starting with A or D plan with 1/4 down you should never owe more than it's REALLY worth as a USED car.

I have no negative equity now. My initial monthly payment was $400 amonth. I have been giving my financier $1,200 a month. They where just trying to screw me. It would seem that no matter how much equity I have in my vehicle the dealer would try to get me to take negative. Or pay me nothing for my trade that's the problem! As far as the length of the loan, It is better to finance for six and a half and pay it off in 3 or 2 what ever you can afford to pay monthly. If you do this your monthly obligation is less so, if you fall on hard times it's easier on you. The way people get into trouble is streaching a payment just to be able to afford a car they can't. I'm pretty dense Huh!

There's a serious reality disconnect here on used car values. When a dealer (moi) goes out and buys current-year program cars for roughly 50-60% of MSRP, what is a comparable car worth as a trade-in? Answer..... about the same. This is on the Left Coast- a market that isnt flooded with annual trading factory employees cars. Not only do cars depreciate (and all of them do at frightening rates, including those much-prized import names), they do it at a frightening rate for the first two or three years. My advice for someone that trades frequently is to start out with a year or two yr old used, and let someone else take the big hit. After all- they're all used cars after they leave the dealership's lot.

And moreover, If they know you buoght it on A-plan when you trade The dealers try to take back the discount! My Dad used my A-plan pin to buy a $62,000 Lincon Navigator He saved $16,000 due to A-plan paying $46,000. He then kept it six months before trading it. The Ford dealership offered him $16,000 less than the GM dealership. Needless to say He is now driving a GMC crewcab pick-up and, will never again buy from the company who his son works for!

The trade value has nothing to do with the cost of the vehicle when you trade it in, and everything to do with the profit margin on the vehicle you trade it in for. The are not trying to take back the discount from before, but if they're not going to make much money on the vehicle you're buying (with A-plan) they offer a lower trade so they can make money on that end. Believe me, when the GM dealership gave the higher trade on that vehicle, it was because they were making up an acceptable dollar figure on the new vehicle. No offense , but the biggest mistake here was trading in a vehicle 6 months after it's purchase. Nobody hides the fact that vehicles are not an appreciating item. They lose value when you sign the papers. The fact that your own Father is not willing to support the company his own Son works for is ridiculous, especially with the reason being he made a poor business decision. Ever ask him how much a brand new Escalade would have cost him had he not gotten the A-plan on the Navigator? Probably right around that 62k figure you mention. Unfortunatley,some people are always looking for reasons to be unhappy,and this certainly sound like one of those cases.

There's a serious reality disconnect here on used car values. When a dealer (moi) goes out and buys current-year program cars for roughly 50-60% of MSRP, what is a comparable car worth as a trade-in? Answer..... about the same. This is on the Left Coast- a market that isnt flooded with annual trading factory employees cars. Not only do cars depreciate (and all of them do at frightening rates, including those much-prized import names), they do it at a frightening rate for the first two or three years. My advice for someone that trades frequently is to start out with a year or two yr old used, and let someone else take the big hit. After all- they're all used cars after they leave the dealership's lot.

Maybe your comments about car values where correct in the past when their was no outlet for sales. At a time when the only one with the money to buy it was a dealership. Now I can post even a high end vehicle and E-bay will finance it for them. Now anyone who has internet access can sell for exactly what the market will bare just as the dealerships. It will become clearer to you in time as people quit taking their screwing at the dealerships!

Maybe your comments about car values where correct in the past when their was no outlet for sales. At a time when the only one with the money to buy it was a dealership. Now I can post even a high end vehicle and E-bay will finance it for them. Now anyone who has internet access can sell for exactly what the market will bare just as the dealerships. It will become clearer to you in time as people quit taking their screwing at the dealerships!

It would really make more sense to boast about this after actually successfully selling a car on E-Bay. Until then, it's just an idea. Most people have some kind of trade when it comes to purchasing vehicles, and that is something you can not do over the internet, except through the dealerships!

It would really make more sense to boast about this after actually successfully selling a car on E-Bay. Until then, it's just an idea. Most people have some kind of trade when it comes to purchasing vehicles, and that is something you can not do over the internet, except through the dealerships!
With cash their is no dickering about what the value of your dollar is. It is better to take cash to a dealership than a trade! I have sold several cars on E-Bay even with notes on them! Even if I lay down knowing I'm right and, let you win this arguement that will not change reality! Whatch as time goes on and see what happens as more people become hip to E-Bay!

With cash their is no dickering about what the value of your dollar is. It is better to take cash to a dealership than a trade! I have sold several cars on E-Bay even with notes on them! Even if I lay down knowing I'm right and, let you win this arguement that will not change reality! Whatch as time goes on and see what happens as more people become hip to E-Bay!

Of course it's better to have cash, but REALLITY IS, most people don't bring cash, they bring trade. And what do you mean no dickering? You mean to tell me that you walk into dealerships and pay the price their asking? Ddin't think so. there is always dickering, if you're smart!

Of course it's better to have cash, but REALLITY IS, most people don't bring cash, they bring trade. And what do you mean no dickering? You mean to tell me that you walk into dealerships and pay the price their asking? Ddin't think so. there is always dickering, if you're smart!

What I meant is that, a salesperson can convince you that your trade is worth less than it is. They can not convince you that a dollar is worth less than a dollar! Just watch and see if there is a reduction in trade in's in the future! If I would have let my car go for the $12,000 then the dealer would have sold it for the going $18,500 making $6,500 off of my car before the profit on the car I was buying! probably another $3,000 to $4,000. I think a $9,500 to $10,500 is a little much on one sale don't you? Pretty stupid, HUH!

Edited by Furious1Auto

I'm not in the past.... but the future isn't here yet either. Most consumers are waaay out of their comfort zone buying a used car, sight unseen, from an unknown party hundreds or thousands of miles away. Outside of what was already mentioned, there's the not-small issue of who to talk to if/when some defect shows up on that used car- either mechanical, prior damage, branded/washed titles, etc. Want to sue a dealer or private party 2,000 miles and five states away? Let me know how that works out for you. :hysterical:

I'm not denying E-Bay doesn't sell a lot of cars- they do. But our little dealer group pushes somewhere between 6,000-8,000 out the door every year, and we're small potatoes in the overall scheme of things. The internet has changed how cars get retailed..... but, if anything, it's also driven down, not raised, the value of all those used vehicles floating around.

Edited by PolarBear

I'm not in the past.... but the future isn't here yet either. Most consumers are waaay out of their comfort zone buying a used car, sight unseen, from an unknown party hundreds or thousands of miles away. Outside of what was already mentioned, there's the not-small issue of who to talk to if/when some defect shows up on that used car- either mechanical, prior damage, branded/washed titles, etc. Want to sue a dealer or private party 2,000 miles and five states away? Let me know how that works out for you. :hysterical:

I'm not denying E-Bay doesn't sell a lot of cars- they do. But our little dealer group pushes somewhere between 6,000-8,000 out the door every year, and we're small potatoes in the overall scheme of things. The internet has changed how cars get retailed..... but, if anything, it's also driven down, not raised, the value of all those used vehicles floating around.

Even a low return threw private sale would yield a better position than a High trade in value at a dealership! Meaning whatever I'd get is more than what a dealer would give me! I have not had a problem selling cars on E-Bay in the past! It works out great for me and, it will for others!

Even a low return threw private sale would yield a better position than a High trade in value at a dealership! Meaning whatever I'd get is more than what a dealer would give me! I have not had a problem selling cars on E-Bay in the past! It works out great for me and, it will for others!

True- assuming you have equity in that vehicle. We're seeing a lot of folks that are $10,000+ negative in their trades (how the hell can you get that far wrong?), so the question becomes "how" instead of "how much." What you're describing is simply the difference between "retailing" and "wholesaling." When you trade a car in, you're on the wholesale side of the transaction. When you sell it yourself- you're retailing. As we both know, the spread is more than a few hundred bucks. OK, a lot more.

True- assuming you have equity in that vehicle. We're seeing a lot of folks that are $10,000+ negative in their trades (how the hell can you get that far wrong?), so the question becomes "how" instead of "how much." What you're describing is simply the difference between "retailing" and "wholesaling." When you trade a car in, you're on the wholesale side of the transaction. When you sell it yourself- you're retailing. As we both know, the spread is more than a few hundred bucks. OK, a lot more.

Man, I can't imagine someone could have rolled that much negative in one transaction. Ten grand is alot, they must have traded 2 or 3 times. I know alot of people that have done that also. My wife drives a 2006 Eddie Bauer explorer and has a lower payment than my cousin. My cousin drives a 2003 Escape and, she bout it with A-plan! I cant beleave that a banks finance under these conditions! What is the absolute most negative you have ever seen on a note?

Man, I can't imagine someone could have rolled that much negative in one transaction. Ten grand is alot, they must have traded 2 or 3 times. I know alot of people that have done that also. My wife drives a 2006 Eddie Bauer explorer and has a lower payment than my cousin. My cousin drives a 2003 Escape and, she bout it with A-plan! I cant beleave that a banks finance under these conditions! What is the absolute most negative you have ever seen on a note?

$16,000 negative on a '06 Dodge Ram traded on a Suburban. It's not hard to do, if you think about it. Finance 100% on a $50-60K new car or SUV, and you're pretty much guaranteed to be $10-$15K negative after the first year.

Edited by PolarBear