Alignment issues anyone??

macysmom

My EGDE is 3 weeks old, sadly the whole car deal was a joke. Basically, AUTOWAY FORD in st.pete sold me a edge that was dealer traded twice with 800 miles. None of this was in the paper work,I mistakenly trusted autoway and drove another "new" edge because mine was in the show room. Even the mileage paperwork stated 35miles. I somewhat worked out the mileage issue, but it does not take away from the fact they tried to pull a fast one on me.

I guess no one cares about this. The reason I am including this info is because since the day I left, I have had a pulling to the right. I have taken it in 2 times in one week and obviously wanted a solution. I was concerned about the excessive driving BY SOMEONE ELSE.

The repair mang. told me that he test drove another new one on the lot and that the other one "pulled more than mine". So I left the dealer with the advise to come back in a month when they get the proper software to do the EDGE alignment. Apparently it was "too new" to have a proper alignment, they were comparing mine to the ford escape instead.

Needless to say, I am pissed off. I am not done with this car deal. I absolutely LOVE my EDGE!!! I would more than likely not give it back for the alignment, but it was purchased as a NEW crossover, I guess I am just trying to find some comfort in knowing someone else has this problem???

thanks!

I have not heard of any common problems with the alignment on Edges, but I do know that in the past of vehicles having problems from being tied down too tightly in the car carriers.

It shouldn't take a month to get the alignment specs for the Edges, the car's been out for 3 months now.

I have not heard of any common problems with the alignment on Edges, but I do know that in the past of vehicles having problems from being tied down too tightly in the car carriers.

It shouldn't take a month to get the alignment specs for the Edges, the car's been out for 3 months now.

another good excuse!

My EGDE is 3 weeks old, sadly the whole car deal was a joke. Basically, AUTOWAY FORD in st.pete sold me a edge that was dealer traded twice with 800 miles. None of this was in the paper work,I mistakenly trusted autoway and drove another "new" edge because mine was in the show room. Even the mileage paperwork stated 35miles. I somewhat worked out the mileage issue, but it does not take away from the fact they tried to pull a fast one on me.

I guess no one cares about this. The reason I am including this info is because since the day I left, I have had a pulling to the right. I have taken it in 2 times in one week and obviously wanted a solution. I was concerned about the excessive driving BY SOMEONE ELSE.

The repair mang. told me that he test drove another new one on the lot and that the other one "pulled more than mine". So I left the dealer with the advise to come back in a month when they get the proper software to do the EDGE alignment. Apparently it was "too new" to have a proper alignment, they were comparing mine to the ford escape instead.

Needless to say, I am pissed off. I am not done with this car deal. I absolutely LOVE my EDGE!!! I would more than likely not give it back for the alignment, but it was purchased as a NEW crossover, I guess I am just trying to find some comfort in knowing someone else has this problem???

thanks!

You bought a used Edge.

Did you test drive the vehicle you purchased before purchase?

Good luck.

Isn't 500 miles the max before a car must be sold as used? I know a dealer demo can't have more than 5000 miles and still be sold as a demo. 800 mi would definitely be a used vehicle or possibly a dealer demo. That's not from test drives. Unless it's been test driven more than 100 times already which is doubtful.

You might want to tell them you want a CARFAX vehicle history report. Ask specifically if it's ever been cracked up and repaired at the dealership. Maybe that's why it's been traded twice; to conceal the repair work. I think if a dealer damaged a demo and fixes it themselves, they don't have to report it to CARFAX. However, they have to honestly answer if they've ever repaired it. This might account for an alignment issue.

Edited by Jamers

Isn't 500 miles the max before a car must be sold as used? I know a dealer demo can't have more than 5000 miles and still be sold as a demo. 800 mi would definitely be a used vehicle or possibly a dealer demo. That's not from test drives. Unless it's been test driven more than 100 times already which is doubtful.

You might want to tell them you want a CARFAX vehicle history report. Ask specifically if it's ever been cracked up and repaired at the dealership. Maybe that's why it's been traded twice; to conceal the repair work. I think if a dealer damaged a demo and fixes it themselves, they don't have to report it to CARFAX. However, they have to honestly answer if they've ever repaired it. This might account for an alignment issue.

Demo is another word for used.

If the car was not sold and titled to someone else, but "miles" put on it, it has still been used - and is not new. It may not be a used car in the sense that it was sold, then purchased again by another consumer. New cars used as demo's are often abused by dealership employees and customers test driving them.

NO ONE should buy a new vehicle (even a demo.....) without thoroughly test driving it, and examining every feature to see that everything works and is asssembled correctly.

Edited by 1999 White C5 Coupe

NO ONE should buy a new vehicle (even a demo.....) without thoroughly test driving it, and examining every feature to see that everything works and is asssembled correctly.

I agree, that's why I plan to test drive the Edge overnight. My dealer has always let me do this before I lease. Whether it's a 2007 or 2008 Edge I plan to get it up to 60 and slam on the brakes. It's rare you'd do this on a typical test drive, especially with a salesman in the vehicle.

• 4 months later...

That happened to me once. It was a nightmare.

1988 Jeep Cherokee. It in fact had a pull to the right that was terrible. The dealer:

Replaced the front brakes, tires, half the suspension, front axle, etc...

After 3 months of this they put it on a special machine and found that the frame was tweaked when it was chained down to the train carrier.

Jeep bought it back and I got a replacement.

-Larry

My 07 Edge SEL Plus has a VERY slight pull to the right. I have not determined whether it is just suseptible to road crowns or if it is actually an issue.

It only has 280 miles on it.

I'm going to keep an eye on it and intend to bring it up at first service if I need to.

These big, fat low-profile tires can really follow road crowns, so it's probably entirely normal.

-Larry