KTP OVERTIME

ktpworker69

ford must not be in as bad of shape as they lead on to believe, especially at KTP, b-crew is workong 10s friday nites, c-crew is coming in early 2 hours on sunday nites, we just worked a mandatory saturday, and this sunday (4-22) is a voluntary sunday for 10 hours production. we have 5 more mandatory saturdays and another voluntary sunday between now and july shutdown. the box line just got expanded over easter break, and they are in the process of expanding it some more. apparently KTP is doing something right. who knows???

ford must not be in as bad of shape as they lead on to believe, especially at KTP, b-crew is workong 10s friday nites, c-crew is coming in early 2 hours on sunday nites, we just worked a mandatory saturday, and this sunday (4-22) is a voluntary sunday for 10 hours production. we have 5 more mandatory saturdays and another voluntary sunday between now and july shutdown. the box line just got expanded over easter break, and they are in the process of expanding it some more. apparently KTP is doing something right. who knows???

Apparently you don’t read the Annual Report the company mails to everyone in March/April. Ford no longer owns the plants since they used them for collateral to keep funding the company. The overtime will most likely only last until any back orders are filled.

I don't think either one of you understand basic economics. FO MO CO. does not build vehicles to please it's employees or creditors. Ford build's vehicles to make a profit. We as employees should consider ourselves lucky to be along for the ride.

I have seen a few up and down cycles in my years at Ford. The demographics for the last few years have been focused on peak earning year baby boomers. That means high end low volume. Now that they are retiring, and living on pensions, we will see a shift to more modest vehicles, higher volumes, and more competition with the imports. With all of the streamlining taking place, we should be well positioned to take them on. I'm not ready to go yet. I see a few good years ahead.

Apparently you don’t read the Annual Report the company mails to everyone in March/April. Ford no longer owns the plants since they used them for collateral to keep funding the company. The overtime will most likely only last until any back orders are filled.

man, either you mistyped or you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. ford still owns the plants, that WHY they can use them for collateral. sometimes i wonder how you all don't get lost on the way to work.

I don't think either one of you understand basic economics. FO MO CO. does not build vehicles to please it's employees or creditors. Ford build's vehicles to make a profit. We as employees should consider ourselves lucky to be along for the ride.

Luck is when you receive a $28M bonus for 4mo, Ford is very lucky to have all the hard working employees to pick up the slack for all the deadbeats they have employed. We need them for benefits and a paycheck to help support our families and they need us to build cars and trucks, it's call a two way street.

man, either you mistyped or you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. ford still owns the plants, that WHY they can use them for collateral. sometimes i wonder how you all don't get lost on the way to work.

True they still own them but using them as collateral means if the bills dont get paid it means Ford will loose them. So obviously Ford has less money than most people think.

Luck is when you receive a $28M bonus for 4mo, Ford is very lucky to have all the hard working employees to pick up the slack for all the deadbeats they have employed. We need them for benefits and a paycheck to help support our families and they need us to build cars and trucks, it's call a two way street.
Alot of deadbeats! Luckily our plant saw the bulk of them leave with buyouts.

I have seen a few up and down cycles in my years at Ford. The demographics for the last few years have been focused on peak earning year baby boomers. That means high end low volume. Now that they are retiring, and living on pensions, we will see a shift to more modest vehicles, higher volumes, and more competition with the imports. With all of the streamlining taking place, we should be well positioned to take them on. I'm not ready to go yet. I see a few good years ahead.

wait until this generation of 18-22 yr old scumbags hit the ground and fall on thier face. what shape will the country be in then? things are different now from 20 years ago