Towing Question??

JA442

I have a question that I really need answered in the next few days. I am looking to purchase a 07 Expedition EB in the next week to replace my 04 Tahoe and I need some advice about towing and the standard hitch. The one I am looking at does not have the heavy duty towing package. From what I have read the Expy has a standard class III/IV receiving hitch and can tow 6,000 lbs. I have a boat that doesn't weigh near the much and rarely tow large things. My question is whether the standard towing capacity and hitch is enough or do many of you recommend getting the heavy duty towing package. I know that the the HD package says it has a larger radiator and auxillary tranny cooler as well as the higher capacity hitch. The main thing I am worried about is that Ford is known to put those little class II receivers on some vehicles and it definitely would not work. I have to have the larger receiver hitch like my Tahoe has, so I want to make sure. Please, all of you 07 Expedition owners let me know how your vehicles tow, if you have the heavy duty package or not, and what kind of receiver hitch you have.

Thanks,

Jason

I thought about ordering one, but I wondered how long it would take to get one. How long from order to arrival at the dealer? Also, can I use an X-plan? Do rebates still apply? Also, does anyone think that Memorial Day incentives will be better than what they are now? I just wonder about the ordering process, because one of my local dealers here is very negative about the prospect of doing just that. Let me know some of the ins & outs of ordering a vehicle and how that process works.

I was looking at options that I would want, and I have couple of questions.

#1 is the power liftgate a good option or another thing to break and be costly to repair?

#2 is the rear load-leveling air suspension a good option or another thing to break and be costly to repair?

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by JA442

I thought about ordering one, but I wondered how long it would take to get one. How long from order to arrival at the dealer? Also, can I use an X-plan? Do rebates still apply? Also, does anyone think that Memorial Day incentives will be better than what they are now? I just wonder about the ordering process, because one of my local dealers here is very negative about the prospect of doing just that. Let me know some of the ins & outs of ordering a vehicle and how that process works.

I was looking at options that I would want, and I have couple of questions.

#1 is the power liftgate a good option or another thing to break and be costly to repair?

#2 is the rear load-leveling air suspension a good option or another thing to break and be costly to repair?

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Of course, the dealer wants to sell you something off the lot. Don't do it! I warned them about that as soon as I walked in the door and they never brought it up again. Why should you pay for stuff you don't want or need??

For 40-50k get EXACTLY what you want.

It took about 11 days for mine to arrive....So Let's say two weeks.

Yes you can you use A/X/Z Plan, Yes, All rebates apply.

As for the options - Only time will tell. I decided to risk it and ordered the load leveling on mine.. If you don't pull more than 4-5000 LBS you probably don't need it. I've pulled a lot more with past Expeditions and never had a problem. For the money though it doesn't seem like a bad deal.

Don't know for sure but chances are the rebates won't change.. I told the dealer that if the incentives got worse between the time I ordered the truck and when It arrived I would not buy it. They were cool with it and ordered it w/o even a deposit.

I honestly have to say that the dealership that I purchased my vehicle from is the best dealership I've EVER dealt with. Very professional and honest... (so far!)

Interesting as I too have been finding slim pickings on what I am looking for.

My concern is that as I am looking to lease will the lease rates go against me in the time it takes to order ?

Thanks

WC

Of course, the dealer wants to sell you something off the lot. Don't do it! I warned them about that as soon as I walked in the door and they never brought it up again. Why should you pay for stuff you don't want or need??

For 40-50k get EXACTLY what you want.

It took about 11 days for mine to arrive....So Let's say two weeks.

Yes you can you use A/X/Z Plan, Yes, All rebates apply.

As for the options - Only time will tell. I decided to risk it and ordered the load leveling on mine.. If you don't pull more than 4-5000 LBS you probably don't need it. I've pulled a lot more with past Expeditions and never had a problem. For the money though it doesn't seem like a bad deal.

Don't know for sure but chances are the rebates won't change.. I told the dealer that if the incentives got worse between the time I ordered the truck and when It arrived I would not buy it. They were cool with it and ordered it w/o even a deposit.

I honestly have to say that the dealership that I purchased my vehicle from is the best dealership I've EVER dealt with. Very professional and honest... (so far!)

Ordering an expediton will take longer than two weeks! The standard wait time is anywhere from 6-8 weeks. I ordered mine april 20th and still havent seen it. Projected delivery date is the 1st week in may! That is the average on this board, too! The individual who got there's in 11 days either knew someone or got VERY lucky! Just go onto the employees section of the message board and look at the sub-section that has to do with "Vehicle build status" They post all the dates from order to serilazing to production to delivery for each customer who asks for it! You'll see just about everyones order falls into that 6-8 week timeframe

Ordering an expediton will take longer than two weeks! The standard wait time is anywhere from 6-8 weeks. I ordered mine april 20th and still havent seen it. Projected delivery date is the 1st week in may! That is the average on this board, too! The individual who got there's in 11 days either knew someone or got VERY lucky! Just go onto the employees section of the message board and look at the sub-section that has to do with "Vehicle build status" They post all the dates from order to serilazing to production to delivery for each customer who asks for it! You'll see just about everyones order falls into that 6-8 week timeframe

It took two days from the day I ordered it for the dealer to call me with my VIN # and 11 days from that day for the dealer to call me and say "Your Truck is here"...

Either way it's worth the wait to get exactly what you want.

(No, I don't know anyone special - However, I DO live in Michigan)

It took two days from the day I ordered it for the dealer to call me with my VIN # and 11 days from that day for the dealer to call me and say "Your Truck is here"...

Either way it's worth the wait to get exactly what you want.

(No, I don't know anyone special - However, I DO live in Michigan)

I ordered mine April 5 from Jack Demmer Ford across the street from the plant and still no build date. It will be three weeks this wednesday. I would agree 99 percent of orders would fall between 4 to 8 weeks per everyones posts. Besides that I agree if you don't need it right now order it. Not sure where your from but have your dealer run a search for you,there may be something close to you that another dealer has and they can get it by a dealer trade. Have a great day Go Wings ! Go Tigers!

I ordered mine April 5 from Jack Demmer Ford across the street from the plant and still no build date. It will be three weeks this wednesday. I would agree 99 percent of orders would fall between 4 to 8 weeks per everyones posts. Besides that I agree if you don't need it right now order it. Not sure where your from but have your dealer run a search for you,there may be something close to you that another dealer has and they can get it by a dealer trade. Have a great day Go Wings ! Go Tigers!

I live in Cleveland OH-ordered mine from dealer on 1/28/07 and I will be taking delivery on 4/25/07. The 08 order guide is out (listed elsewhere in this forum) and a couple of new colors, King Ranch Edition, rear view camera are pretty much new for 08. Still only 5.4 eng available.

• 1 month later...

I believe the tow package also ups the rear gear from around 3:31 to 3:73. This may allow you to take off faster and will most likely effect your fuel mileage at highway speeds. It may also increase engine noise at highway speeds since the engine is turning a higher rpm than the 3:31 rearend vehicle. The tow package is a bargain though. The higher capacity radiator and transmission cooler are helpful. The trans cooler will probably even extend the life of your transmission...towing or not. Hope this helps.