I'm a temp employee at plant got TESPHE paperwork in mail?

rkeep820

Anyone know why I would get this in the mail if I'm not a UAW employee *yet*? I'm currently temp at MTP.

TESPHE

Thanks...

Maybe it's because, if you're like the temps I've seen, you work hard, want to work, and show up everyday, and by rights you SHOULD be a regular full time employee...and maybe they intend to make you one come contract time..Lord knows MTP will need the people full time after the old timers from paint and body come back to the line and get beat up on 50 hr weeks with Saturdays.

Maybe it's because, if you're like the temps I've seen, you work hard, want to work, and show up everyday, and by rights you SHOULD be a regular full time employee...and maybe they intend to make you one come contract time..Lord knows MTP will need the people full time after the old timers from paint and body come back to the line and get beat up on 50 hr weeks with Saturdays.

So Ford will have to pay him or her like they do you?I dont see that happening.But since there is currently no company match maby Fidelity had something to do with it.

He may work hard, I don't know, but there is a long line of ACH, and other employees from closed plants he needs to get behind before he can become a regular full time employee.

No idea why they'd send a TEMP hourly guy this stuff when they are laying off everywhere in the plant - all the temps in paint just got canned today.

2nd or 3rd week in may.

The temps did serve their purpose. The were sold a bill of goods that if they voted yes for the COA they would keep their jobs. So the COA is in and the temps are out. They are trying the same thing at Wayne Assy. I try to talk to people and let them know what is going on. They are totally uninformed.

He may work hard, I don't know, but there is a long line of ACH, and other employees from closed plants he needs to get behind before he can become a regular full time employee.

That's prior to September right? After september they may not want to pay transfer money and just bring in local labor.

That's prior to September right? After september they may not want to pay transfer money and just bring in local labor.

Keep dreaming. First, the bulk of any flowbacks is in zone and there wont hardly be any transfer $$ for those employees. And second, they will not leave ACHers in their plants when they want to empty these plants of Ford people. B-4 or after Sept. there will continue to be flows. Perhaps another signup though.