Ford, bring back the LX V8 Mustang!

Mustangfreak

I miss the V8 Mustang LX's! It was nice to have base model Mustang that had a V8. I don't want nor need power windows or locks. manual steering would be nice along with an a/c delete option, as well as radio delete. The more "creature comforts" you put in, the more things can go wrong. I want an all business Mustang with no gadgets. Just a V8, 5 speed manual and a solid axle. I don't care for comfort, if I wanted to be comfortable while driving, I'd buy a Lincoln.

PLEASE Ford, give us back the V8 LX!

I miss the V8 Mustang LX's! It was nice to have base model Mustang that had a V8. I don't want nor need power windows or locks. manual steering would be nice along with an a/c delete option, as well as radio delete. The more "creature comforts" you put in, the more things can go wrong. I want an all business Mustang with no gadgets. Just a V8, 5 speed manual and a solid axle. I don't care for comfort, if I wanted to be comfortable while driving, I'd buy a Lincoln.

PLEASE Ford, give us back the V8 LX!

I'll second that!! A LX with the GT drivetrain!

The problem with an "LX" version of anything these days is that there's really no feasible way to produce them. You want a car with crank windows? Sorry. There's just no way to fit a manual crank on the regulator design in the S197 Mustang. The costs associated with designing them from scratch to work with manual cranks would end up making the point of an LX (lower price) moot. The same thing goes with A/C. Every V6 and V8 put into the Mustang is pretty much mass-produced with all accessories slapped on at once, ready to go into whatever vehicle it is destined for. To complicate the assembly procedures would again just add overhead costs. No radio? Eh, maybe I could see it. But what are the costs to the buyer for a radio? Maybe a couple hundred bucks? Spend a couple hundred and rip the radio out if it bothers you that much. The other perceived benefit to the LX was the weight savings. Where are you going to save weight on a new LX though? The previous LX saved most of its weight through the lack of the GT's body boldings. Well, the new GT doesn't really have any body moldings that are significantly heavier than those used on a base V6, so there's really no potential to weight savings.

Let's face it. There's a very SMALL market for people who want cars these days without power windows, A/C, or a radio. Those have just become "givens" on a car today because 99.9% of people WANT it.