Lincoln LS Future

I think the answer is that there is no future....

But since I have an '04 LS, what is on the horizon that I ought to look at over the enxt 12-18 months? I know about the Zephyr......although I'm not sure if it appeals to me. And with a name like Zephyr, I somehow think that its future is limited.

But when does the LS go out of production; and what Lincoln vehicles are on the way and when - I read about some D3 sedans? And a Fairlane? What are those vehicles??

But since I have an '04 LS, what is on the horizon that I ought to look at over the enxt 12-18 months? I know about the Zephyr......although I'm not sure if it appeals to me. And with a name like Zephyr, I somehow think that its future is limited.

But when does the LS go out of production; and what Lincoln vehicles are on the way and when - I read about some D3 sedans? And a Fairlane? What are those vehicles??

The larger of the two D3 sedans is rumored to be shown at next year's NAIAS, likely to be called Continental. I think we'll have to wait a couple more years for the LS-sized D3 replacement.

As for the "Lincolnized" Fairlane, we'll have to wait and see -- perhaps we'll get another Ford concept along those lines that may point the way more toward what a finished product will look like.

There's also the new Aviator right on the horizon which looks to be a lot more competitive than the previous rebadge.

06 is the last year for LS production. It will be replaced with another product in the future.

• 3 weeks later...
06 is the last year for LS production. It will be replaced with another product in the future.

Hey guys. Yeah this is a very quiet part of Ford's NAIAS program. there will be a new sedan concept unveiled that looks to replace the LS. Both it and the new SUV/CUV, whatever they call them, known as Aviator are both sporting different nomenclature.

My father still works at Wixom and according to him the LAST LS body was made in the body shop right before Christmas break. So it should be produced the last week of January(Wixom is off till the 23rd). A car that died before it's time because Ford did not know what to do with it. If I was not a truck guy, I probable would have gotten an LS.

• 4 weeks later...
My father still works at Wixom and according to him the LAST LS body was made in the body shop right before Christmas break. So it should be produced the last week of January(Wixom is off till the 23rd). A car that died before it's time because Ford did not know what to do with it. If I was not a truck guy, I probable would have gotten an LS.

Get one!!!

The LS is truly, an amazing vehicle. You won't believe how quick you'll forget about your truck, lol.

Get one!!!

The LS is truly, an amazing vehicle. You won't believe how quick you'll forget about your truck, lol.

Well I'm originally from Wixom and have driven all the cars from there (except the GT), so I know how good the LS is. I actually haul stuff in the bed of my truck, so thats why I did not get the LS.

Get one!!!

My co-worker has an '04 LSE with a screwed tranny or something in the driveline. Once in awhile there is a big bang and it feels like he's been rearended by a truck.

The dealer added some liquid to the tranny because of a TSB. No good. Car still does the same thing. Because of this he hates his $70,000 Lincoln and wishes he never bought it. He prefers to drive his rusted,paintpeeling '94 GMC.

Somethings wrong in LS country.

Edited by CanadaSVT

$70,000 for a Lincoln LS? Even in Canadian money, he got ripped.

Base MSRP $58,430

Options $3,700

Accessories $767

Package Discount $0

A/C Excise Tax $100

Destination $1,150

Total MSRP $64,147

He got A-Plan and obviously paid less than that but it's still considered a $70K ($60K US) vehicle after taxes.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I've ever met a trouble free Lincoln. From Town Car to Mark VIII to Continetal to LS to Navigator, not a one was as trouble free as the Ford branded vehicle my family has owned since I was a kid. When you buy a Lincoln, expect trouble, although I've never had trouble to the extent you're describing. Most of the time, Lincolns will have small problems here and there, like a stuck power window mechanism (a frequent problem for all Lincolns) to defects in the window glass.

Do you work at Ford?

Do you work at Ford?

Retiree..............

Had a Taurus SHO.....a GREAT car which the wise guys in Dearborn decided to scrap......just when the Taurus was redhot in Nascar.

And I have an LS............which is being discontinued.

I was going to get a Zephyr...........until I heard that the Zephyr nameplate is being scrapped next year; and until I compared the Milan and the Zephyr and found them to be indistinguishable from a distance - of course the grille, taillights, badging, and interior are different.

I'd like to buy something that has some chance of achieving brand recognition and some chance of being around for more than a year or two. Undoubtedly the R&D and Sales guys have oodles of MBA and Engineering degrees with little or no practical experience and common sense.

Base MSRP $58,430

Options $3,700

Accessories $767

Package Discount $0

A/C Excise Tax $100

Destination $1,150

Total MSRP $64,147

He got A-Plan and obviously paid less than that but it's still considered a $70K ($60K US) vehicle after taxes.

I just build one on the website will every available option and it came to 48,110.00 USD

United States Dollars = Canada Dollars 55,197.60 CAD. But let me guess yoru throwing in Canadas ourragous tax as the price of the car which by any means does not in my book make the car worth more. You can not squable about buying a 70K car when 20% of that is tax.

Edited by 01FOCI