Vista Roof Issues

Zeus

So, I've got about 3300Kms on my New Redfire Metallic SEL Plus fully loaded Edge and LOVING IT!

I've used the BAMR roof many times now and today disaster strikes. I pull into work, park my Edge and go to close the Vista roof and it gets to about 90% closed....squeaks likes a S-O-B and refuses to close. Tried opening it the WHOLE way and then close it, still the same result. I tried several times and still no go. To me, it sounds almost like it's binding on the passenger side. So I drove it directly to my dealer.

Now here is the kicker, my wife is pregnant for our 1st child, the Edge is the only vehicle we own that we can fit a car seat in. Her due date was Monday, and if she doesn't pop the sucker out by this weekend, they will induce her. So I told my dealership that I cannot be without a vehicle this weekend whatsoever.

So they put a rush on my service order, and they will try to fix it today. If they can't, they said that they will try to at least close it so I can get it back today and then wait for the parts to come in.

Although this situation sucks, I am pretty happy so far with the treatment I have received. I know nothing more at the moment, but will gladly post the outcome of this for all to read, just in case someone else runs into this.

All in all.....I still LOVE my Edge to death! It simply rocks! Regardless of what some people whine about, this is an awesome ride!

Ouch, sorry to hear about the BAMR. At least you're not going physcho over it. Heck, you have a new vehicle and your first baby on the way. Don't let anything overshadow the happy event. Good luck with your Edge. Congrats on becoming a DAD!

Ouch, sorry to hear about the BAMR. At least you're not going physcho over it. Heck, you have a new vehicle and your first baby on the way. Don't let anything overshadow the happy event. Good luck with your Edge. Congrats on becoming a DAD!

Thanks Dave! Well, here is my update! I got a call a couple of hours after dropping off my Edge and it was fixed. The shuttle service picked me up right away and all before lunch I was back driving my Edge with a FULLY functional Vista roof!

So what did you guys do? I asked the service guy. The short of the long is that there was barely none OR no lubrication in the track. They simply lubbed up the track to my Vista roof and all is fine. I tested the roof after getting the keys and the nasty noise it was making was gone and the roof closed properly without much effort.

Seeing I ordered my Edge in February and got it in March, I figure it was in the height of demand and that may have been overlooked. I will keep an eye on it though and I will continue to use it as much as I was previously. But all looks good as of now.

I must state that the dealership handled this EXTREMELY well and made me very happy today.

Thanks Dave! Well, here is my update! I got a call a couple of hours after dropping off my Edge and it was fixed. The shuttle service picked me up right away and all before lunch I was back driving my Edge with a FULLY functional Vista roof!

So what did you guys do? I asked the service guy. The short of the long is that there was barely none OR no lubrication in the track. They simply lubbed up the track to my Vista roof and all is fine. I tested the roof after getting the keys and the nasty noise it was making was gone and the roof closed properly without much effort.

Seeing I ordered my Edge in February and got it in March, I figure it was in the height of demand and that may have been overlooked. I will keep an eye on it though and I will continue to use it as much as I was previously. But all looks good as of now.

I must state that the dealership handled this EXTREMELY well and made me very happy today.

You're welcome. As they say, "Quality is Job 1" and it seems that your dealer has proven that. However, some people seem to think that manufacturers employe super humans who do not make errors. Obviously, your vehicle had a small (but nevertheless important) detail that was overlooked. But, heck, who among us is perfect? I'm glad to hear that you were treated well and that the problem was resolved to your satisfaction. I have owned many Ford products and have great faith in their reliability. I hope my new 08 Explorer will be as good as all the others have been in the past. Enjoy your new Edge.

• 5 weeks later...

I have a new 07 Edge SEL with the Vista Roof. Love the car, but I've noticed with the sun shade closed there is a rattle noise coming from the back, almost like something is hitting against tin. Also, it sounds like the headliner makes a popping noise. Its little noises like this that drive me nuts. Anyone else have these noises/rattles?

I have a new 07 Edge SEL with the Vista Roof. Love the car, but I've noticed with the sun shade closed there is a rattle noise coming from the back, almost like something is hitting against tin. Also, it sounds like the headliner makes a popping noise. Its little noises like this that drive me nuts. Anyone else have these noises/rattles?

You may want to ask on the ford edge forum as well and see if anyone else has had a problem.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com

I can't really answer yet because I don't get my Edge until this friday.

this is why i avoid purchasing vehicles with sun/moon roofs.

You avoid buying cars with sun/moon roofs because you are afraid of noises in the roof? I have owned several with sun/moon roofs, including a 2007 Edge, and have never had a noise. I tried avoiding buying cars with tires because I heard stories about them going flat but found that no one would sell me one without them.