Anyone here work on the line at AAI in Flat Rock?

Stangnut

We dont use build sheets as in the past. They have computerized the system, they print commit sheets and display them so that they only show what parts need to be put on a car at that point of the line. They are only laser printed with no writting on them so you could make your own if you wanted. Maybe Kinzti could help you gather all your information needed for you car (commit no, option codes, ect) and you can print up a book for your car. Nice touches you added!

Too bad they're either not used at AAI or just not thrown in the car. I'm pretty sure the Mustang has more "fans" (or fanatics) than anything else Ford makes.

How many F150 or Crown Vic window stickers do you think get laminated? :D

The card you linked a picture of is called an M.C.I.R. card. They use them at roll test here at SLAP. Can't remember what the acronym stands for right off the top of my head been a while since I did rolls. You put them in the printer and all data from alignment through dyno, dynamic and static PCM test is printed out on them. It is supposed to become part of that vehicles permanent record. Even the failures will be printed on it.

Used to be able to access the FoMoCo main frame through the SBDS (? Bay Diagnostics System) and download all data to include the wiring diagrams for your particular vehicle. It's been about 6 years since I worked in the shop doing EEC & PCM repair. If you punched in your VIN you could basically get a whole repair manual complete with exploded views of EVERYTHING for YOUR vehicle, not some generic "if you have this option" manual. I did it for my 1990 F-250 4x4. I know they have changed computer systems since then but I'm sure you can still get this data through a sysytem somewhere at your plant if talk with the repair guys or someone in CIM services.

Hope this info helped.

There is a server that has the historic bill of materials that covers all the build info part by part. There is also a server that has all the wiring diagrams and service info too. Not sure if they are available to the public though. Will check into it for you.

WOW! Talk about a wealth of knowledge. Thanks, Captamrica.

Kzinti, any & every piece of paperwork I could get my hands on would be great. You never cease to amaze me with how helpful you are.

el norte, that's too bad. I guess the days of actual build sheets in any form are over.

Now I'm curious. What are these sheets called in these pics? What are they used for?

Mustang Production Line Pictures

By the way, I love the symbols they use on that sticker on the seat protectors. A cow, a seat, a light bulb, an airbag, and... Frankenstein!

Frankenstein sticker

Edited by Stangnut

MCIR stands for Mandatory Compliance Inspection Report , these cards are being phased out to save the cost of paper, printing and transfering to cd's. The use of QLS has made it possible for this cost savings. All the assembly plants in the US will do this. SLAP just eliminated their MCIR in December. I don't think were going to realize much of a savings since March is it.

MCIR stands for Mandatory Compliance Inspection Report , these cards are being phased out to save the cost of paper, printing and transfering to cd's. The use of QLS has made it possible for this cost savings. All the assembly plants in the US will do this. SLAP just eliminated their MCIR in December. I don't think were going to realize much of a savings since March is it.

QLS also helps big wigs keep track of what's going on with the cars at any givin time.

The sheets in the photos are the commit sheets that mustard mentioned. they only list the options to be installed on a short area of the line. they are pulled off and discarded and new ones are taped on as the car moves down the line. probably 40 or so used for each car. not sure exact number.

WOW! Talk about a wealth of knowledge. Thanks, Captamrica.

Kzinti, any & every piece of paperwork I could get my hands on would be great. You never cease to amaze me with how helpful you are.

el norte, that's too bad. I guess the days of actual build sheets in any form are over.

Now I'm curious. What are these sheets called in these pics? What are they used for?

Mustang Production Line Pictures

By the way, I love the symbols they use on that sticker on the seat protectors. A cow, a seat, a light bulb, an airbag, and... Frankenstein!

Frankenstein sticker

We at SLAP use 2 (one on each side of frame) on frame line 1 on motor line and 2 (one on each side of vehicle) in final. If you look closely at the sheets the letter or number in each square has a small letter-number combination in the corner. If you looked at the MCIR card then went down to that lettered line then across to that numbered square you would find the same code as is printed on the commit sheet, kind of like map coordinates.Makes it easier for the operator to pick and install the proper part to their particular portion of the vehicle. Trying to read the MCIR card is rather difficult given it's amount of info and the size of the squares. They are removed after the leave the area where they are needed and thrown in the trash. I don't even know if we use MCIR cards anymore. They used to be tucked above the left side visor but I haven't seen them for a while.

The other picture, I have no idea. Maybe the cow is that the seat will hold fat chicks and the frankenstien is that you can transport idiots in those seats without fear of them hurting themselves. :) No disrespect to the fat chicks.

We already figured out the other picture. It's down a few posts in that thread.

The cow stands for leather, the seat has the letters GT in it for GT style seats since they are different than the base model V6. The light bulb is for a power seat (only the driver's seat is power in the Mustang) the air bag picture is for the side air bags in the seats. They are optional. The Frankenstein (which has a date with it) is the "manufacture" date of the seat.

We already figured out the other picture. It's down a few posts in that thread.

The cow stands for leather, the seat has the letters GT in it for GT style seats since they are different than the base model V6. The light bulb is for a power seat (only the driver's seat is power in the Mustang) the air bag picture is for the side air bags in the seats. They are optional. The Frankenstein (which has a date with it) is the "manufacture" date of the seat.

Yea I knew all but the Frankenstien one but had to throw a joke in, sometimes theres not enough laughter in the world. Hope nobody took offense to it.

There is a server that has the historic bill of materials that covers all the build info part by part. There is also a server that has all the wiring diagrams and service info too. Not sure if they are available to the public though. Will check into it for you.

When my '06 Mustang was in route to the dealer, Kzinti send me this info:

VIN: 1ZVFT82H965112808

MODEL YEAR: 2006 VEHICLE MOD/TYPE: MUSTANG 2-DR COUPE GT

BUILD DATE: 08/29/05

PAINT COLOR: HP HIGH PERFORMANCE WHITE

PAINT TUTONE:

INTERIOR TRIM: KR MIDNIGHT BLACK/CRIMSON RED

WHEEL BASE (RPO):

GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT:

AC/HEAT MANUAL AIR CONDITIONER

AXLES LIMITED SLIP REAR AXLE

TAG ID

RATIO

REAR TYP

BRAKES 4 WHL ANTI-LOCK BRAKES

CHARGING

CHARGING

HVY DUTY STANDARD DUTY BATTERY

ALT ID

COOLING

RAD ID

DSO 27

DRIVLINE

DRIVLINE

SHAFT ID

HALF ID

EMISSION

CALIB 6ZF2G80

PROC ID

ENGINE MOD 4.6L 3V OHC VCT NA ALV8

TAG ID

FUELSYS UNLEADED FUEL CAPABILITY

GLASS ELECTRIC REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER

INSTRUMT

CLSTR ID

FIN PANL

LIGHTS

LIGHTS CENTER DOME LAMP W/O MAP LIGHT

MIRRORS DRIVER POWER MIRROR

MOULDING LESS EXTERIOR BODYSIDE MLDGS

OPTIONS ** LESS ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM ENTRY SYSTEM OPTION N/A

HAND PACK OPTION N/A HEAVY DUTY OPTION N/A

KEYLESS ENTRY OPTION N/A POLICE/TAXI OPTION N/A

POWER LOCK OPTION N/A POWER WINDOW OPTION N/A

** FIXED REAR SIDE WINDOW SPEED CONTROL OPTION N/A

OPTIONS SPORT PACKAGE OPTION N/A SUN ROOF OPTION N/A

TRAILER TOW OPTION N/A WIPERS OPTION N/A

RESTRANT AIR BAG RESTRAINT-PASS

AIR BAG RESTRAINT-DRIVER

SEATS SOUNDSYS ELETR PREM AM/FM STRO/DISC

PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM

SPEEDO

SPEEDO

TIRESIZE P235/55ZR17 99W A/

STEERING STRG WHL-LEA WRP/SATIN ALM SPK

STEER ID

STRIPES LESS BODYSIDE ACCENT STRIPE

SUSPENSN

FRONT RH

FRONT LH

SUSPENSN

REAR RH

REAR LH

TRANSMSN 5 SPD MAN TRANS TR3650

TAG NO

WHEELS CENTER HUB ORNAMENT-FORD OVAL

WHEELS 17 X 8 PAINTED ALUM W/MACH RIM

WHEEL ID

SPARE SPARE TIRE-T185/60R17

Not 100% sure what it is, but is nice to have.

He also sent me a pdf. of my window sticker. (Thanks again Kzinti)

If there are any other documents or details I can get about my car, I too would love to have them.

Thanks to all Ford employees!

BillR

post-19900-1138803429_thumb.jpg