No buyout check 45 days later...

I want to share this with all of you so hopefully you can help yourself before D-day .I left in March and still have not received my check . Don't feel sorry for me please (yeah right),luckily I don't NEED it ,though obviously I want it. I have moved on and its the best move ever. But many people have still not received their money and are really in a financial bind .

Payroll in Detroit told me that they made an accounting error of a couple hundred dollars which they overpaid me in weekly wages and that they have to investigate which could take 45 business days ,minus any holidays and weekends. So for me thats about mid-June ,even though I offered to send them a check for that amount. Sounds like a joke right ? WHY can't they just deduct the couple hundred dollars from the $100k ? They won't tell me. They have set up a brick wall on getting further information about it. They don't want you calling.

What I want to share with you all is this. Though this does not apply to me ,they told me that anyone with paycheck withholdings such as garnishments,child support etc will more than likely face a 45 day delay or more though "it could possibly be sooner" . Or at least that's the line they tell you to get you off the phone. And obviously you will not be paid during that time unless you qualify for unemployment ....but that's another crappy story.

You see ,if your issue has not been resolved within the 45 day time frame,then and only then can/will they take it to another level and investigate the hold up. Mean while they tell you " we wont know" ," we don't know"...yes no one knows .

So my advice to all of you anticipating a buyout check is save your money , catch up your bills and don't rely on that check especially if you have garnishments ,child support etc.. In my case and a case of others I have spoken to,Ford is holding up a dollar for a dime. Contact your payroll department and get your stuff taken care of BEFORE your separation date. Best of luck .

I want to share this with all of you so hopefully you can help yourself before D-day .I left in March and still have not received my check . Don't feel sorry for me please (yeah right),luckily I don't NEED it ,though obviously I want it. I have moved on and its the best move ever. But many people have still not received their money and are really in a financial bind .

Payroll in Detroit told me that they made an accounting error of a couple hundred dollars which they overpaid me in weekly wages and that they have to investigate which could take 45 business days ,minus any holidays and weekends. So for me thats about mid-June ,even though I offered to send them a check for that amount. Sounds like a joke right ? WHY can't they just deduct the couple hundred dollars from the $100k ? They won't tell me. They have set up a brick wall on getting further information about it. They don't want you calling.

What I want to share with you all is this. Though this does not apply to me ,they told me that anyone with paycheck withholdings such as garnishments,child support etc will more than likely face a 45 day delay or more though "it could possibly be sooner" . Or at least that's the line they tell you to get you off the phone. And obviously you will not be paid during that time unless you qualify for unemployment ....but that's another crappy story.

You see ,if your issue has not been resolved within the 45 day time frame,then and only then can/will they take it to another level and investigate the hold up. Mean while they tell you " we wont know" ," we don't know"...yes no one knows .

So my advice to all of you anticipating a buyout check is save your money , catch up your bills and don't rely on that check especially if you have garnishments ,child support etc.. In my case and a case of others I have spoken to,Ford is holding up a dollar for a dime. Contact your payroll department and get your stuff taken care of BEFORE your separation date. Best of luck .

This doesn't surprise me one bit. With some of the talent they have running the show is it even a wonder the company is going bankrupt?? I just hope you get your check before they file because if you don't there next line will be "TO BAD SO SAD!"

I'll bet the all mighty local 919 boys could get this straighten out for you. But you have to find them first. GOOD LUCK with that!!!

This doesn't surprise me one bit. With some of the talent they have running the show is it even a wonder the company is going bankrupt?? I just hope you get your check before they file because if you don't there next line will be "TO BAD SO SAD!"

I'll bet the all mighty local 919 boys could get this straighten out for you. But you have to find them first. GOOD LUCK with that!!!

I have long put the number "919" outta my head bro. I don't have time to look for them ,but thanks anyways.

Just got a letter from Optima saying that because of Fords decision to close NAP that my coverage is good until June 30th ,which is also the last day of production .....What ? Ford signed me off on April 4th. What happened to 6 months of health care ? Whats gonna happen to the people staying until the last day ?

Lots of people have viewed this thread and not responded. I hope thats because things are going well for them .

I have long put the number "919" outta my head bro. I don't have time to look for them ,but thanks anyways.

It was a joke. The only thing you would get out of those worthless fucks is "let me get back with you on that." then you would never see them again.

U seless

A and

W orthless

Lots of people have viewed this thread and not responded. I hope thats because things are going well for them .

That's because most of the assholes out here would rather bash NAP people than try to help.

That's because most of the assholes out here would rather bash NAP people than try to help.

Not near as much bashing as one would expect considering some of the badmouthing certain NAP employees give other plants.

Bash the union, bash the plants that got product you didn't, bash the plant and union you get a transferred to.

I hope everything works out for you guys; you got a raw deal, just like guys in Atlanta, Edison, Windsor, the parts plants, and on and on. Don't see how a lack of responses equates to "bashing NAP people". What exactly do you expect people "here" to do to? Not exactly where the payroll people hang out.

Oh I know you were joking uRfk9AcDfo9Wui . Didn't mean to sound like an asshole if I did.

Though your right,I don't care if anyone bashes me ,though I know theres still some tension between plants to some extent. . I'm done with Ford. But I left behind some damn good people who I would hate to see get screwed . My biggest hope is that people take action before they are out of a job.

And yeah,this applies to any plant shutting down,or anyone leaving early . I don't wanna start any heat between anyone .

Edited by NorfolkBuilt

I didn't respond because I didn't have anything to add. Do you really want to hear 'Man that sucks'

I feel bad for your situation, but you've done a pretty good job handling it more than can be said for other people.

Have you found a new job yet? If so what are you doing?

O/T -- From the plants that have already closed ie.: Alanta, and SLAP how did those last few weeks go? What should we be expecting over the next 25 calender days?

When I said " Lots of people have viewed this thread and not responded. I hope thats because things are going well for them . " , I wasn't trying to sound sarcastic or anything. I actually mean that . I will always feel like a part of the UAW brotherhood and want to see people make it through this . I don't think anyone should feel sorry or anything for me specifically .

Fox Mulder as far as you question , I ended up partnering together with some other investors/venture capitalists and we are starting a new real estate conglomerate company. We actually already have two other corporations going to assist with the different multi faceted aspects of the company. So basically its like Johnson &Johnson I guess you could say . Everyone knows they make baby shampoo etc. ,but obviously they are into many different things.

So really Ive been spending a ton of time tracking down resources ,making new contacts ,networking and just enjoying life. Its time for me to chase some dreams ya know ? Just tryin to make my own path in life. The days of retiring from big corporations are over. Well at least in the sense that modern day companies will downsize you in a second for the sake of profit .

Thats another reason I want people to get their money on time. While having a 30 year career with Ford wold be great for many people ,I gotta say that doing my own thing feels awesome. That money will really help people ,including myself make that transition into chasing their dream.

You don't HAVE to be an entrepreneur or anything , but if you find another job ,that money will really give you some room to enjoy life more and spend time with your friends and family.

EDIT - I made a typo .

Edited by NorfolkBuilt

I didn't respond because I didn't have anything to add. Do you really want to hear 'Man that sucks'

I feel bad for your situation, but you've done a pretty good job handling it more than can be said for other people.

Have you found a new job yet? If so what are you doing?

O/T -- From the plants that have already closed ie.: Alanta, and SLAP how did those last few weeks go? What should we be expecting over the next 25 calender days?

SLAP went out very quiet, was just very another day, except once the last unit went past your station you went to a area and turned in your badge and that was that. No bullshit, no one damaged a single unit. VERY PROUD of the people at SLAP showed alot of class. JUST very sad day.

SLAP went out very quiet, was just very another day, except once the last unit went past your station you went to a area and turned in your badge and that was that. No bullshit, no one damaged a single unit. VERY PROUD of the people at SLAP showed a lot of class. JUST very sad day.

Damn ,I know that was hard . Thats one reason I'm kinda glad I left early ,thats gonna be a extremely emotional moment. Always heard good things about SLAP , just goes to show that Ford is screwing some damn good people who gave their back's for the company . Main reason I started this thread was just hoping to give some great people a heads up on the shit they don't tell you before you separate .

On a side note , I asked management before I left if I could come into the plant on the last production day to see the final truck . They said nope ,securty reasons and they didn't want a big crowd .WTF ? This is the end of a legend/era ,you would think they would be cool , but whatever . I was hoping to see it , after all I took a ton of pride in my work just like 99% of my brothers/sisters .

EDIT - Typo

Edited by NorfolkBuilt

Are you really going to let management and security stop you?

Come on in. I know people from DTP that are planning on coming in. Right now the hardest part is getting up in the morning to go in; Physically, I'm (and most others) are fine emotionally (mentally) I/we just want it to be over with.

Anyone with any time at Ford would/could/should realize Ford is one of the most poorly managed companies on earth. Translation: expect delays. Delays are inevitable, considering all the people who are leaving the company.

Are you really going to let management and security stop you?

Come on in. I know people from DTP that are planning on coming in. Right now the hardest part is getting up in the morning to go in; Physically, I'm (and most others) are fine emotionally (mentally) I/we just want it to be over with.

Well if I don't have my check by then ,I don't want security to have to tackle me so I don't get a glimpse of the last truck,lol. Then Ill be in custody and they will pull some shit saying I forfeit my check cuz I was trespassing ,lol. I dunno .far fetched I know,but you know this company.

Pumpmaster ,I know they are dealing with a lot of people and I know what your sayin for sure. .But think about this. They have issued payroll checks every week world wide for the last 100 years or so. Now all the sudden they are slow as hell ? They were quick as hell to get me off the books so my health care will hurry up and run out.

It is just wrong the way they are holding up my check for a couple hundred bucks THAT WAS THEIR FAULT to begin with !

I'm not yellin at you man,I'm just venting.

Not near as much bashing as one would expect considering some of the badmouthing certain NAP employees give other plants.

Bash the union, bash the plants that got product you didn't, bash the plant and union you get a transferred to.

I hope everything works out for you guys; you got a raw deal, just like guys in Atlanta, Edison, Windsor, the parts plants, and on and on. Don't see how a lack of responses equates to "bashing NAP people". What exactly do you expect people "here" to do to? Not exactly where the payroll people hang out.

You forgot, bash the company, international for building a plant to build a product already being built in order to close said plant and keep jobs for people closer to HQ!

I wish mine took 6 . I talked to a few people that are closing the plant down . I remembered in the past they told me about court withholdings etc that they had . Most of them are pretty freaked out. I dont blame them . If you are up to your eyeballs in debt or child support ,mortgage etc. you really need that money to ease the burden.

Im approaching my 45th day here soon. I have a feeling that they might take longer . :censored:

Ok ,you can all rest now,lol. I got my check. The only reason I got it is because I called headquarters and finally got someone on the phone who had some common sense and actually gave a shit about something other than themselves. He looked at all my info and actually listened to me ,and he agreed that I was being dicked over by Ford for something that isn't my fault.

Sooo,he offered to send my info over to a special investigation department and have them review it. He called me yesterday (Monday) and said my check had been processed and that they were sending it by Fed-Ex overnight to NAP.

See how easy that was ? Ford makes and accounting error ,screws me over ,and sits on my money for 2 1/2 months. And all it took was someone willing to help just 5 minutes to give it to someone with the ability to check into this crap.

If Ford had more people like this guy,they would be in a much better situation IMO. Oh and yea,it feels pretty nice to get that check,even though the Federal government ass raped me with a spiked baseball bat with no lube . :banghead:

Edited by NorfolkBuilt

Damn ,I know that was hard . Thats one reason I'm kinda glad I left early ,thats gonna be a extremely emotional moment. Always heard good things about SLAP , just goes to show that Ford is screwing some damn good people who gave their back's for the company . Main reason I started this thread was just hoping to give some great people a heads up on the shit they don't tell you before you separate .

On a side note , I asked management before I left if I could come into the plant on the last production day to see the final truck . They said nope ,securty reasons and they didn't want a big crowd .WTF ? This is the end of a legend/era ,you would think they would be cool , but whatever . I was hoping to see it , after all I took a ton of pride in my work just like 99% of my brothers/sisters .

EDIT - Typo

It went down just as "d" said, those of us in Chassis (7-Line) broke out the sharpees and we all signed it (as we did the last Aerostar, Mountaineer, and Avaitor) under the carpet, it was filled with signatures everywhere under the trim panels, it was hard to find a spot to sign. I sometimes wonder where those last units went, the last Aerostar was donated to the Hazelwood police department as a D.A.R.E. vehicle, the others we never heard about. They did have to push the last unit off but that was due to parts shortage, not sabotage. ILVS does not work well when it is the last unit, there is no other parts to swap until the replacement arrives.

I took pictures and posted them here on BON in a thread I started of the last unit going down 7-line at SLAP, they were, for a while, the front page news photos on here. I was very proud of my co-workers, we went out quitely with heads held high. It really sucked though, it was not what I expected although I really did not know what to expect, just did not seem right.

Your right about the checks taking longer if you have any wage with holding orders against you. (Child support, garnishments, bankruptcy)I went through it back in January, mine was child support, kind of came unglued for a while. It will take longer because FoMoCo sends the issueing agency an inquiry to see if any amounts should be deducted and sent to that respective agency. That agency has 60 days to reply from the time the request is sent to them. If FoMoCo receives no reply after 60 days then your check will be sent whole.

Those in this situation need to find out from FoMoCo what date the request was sent, usually it will coincide with (about) the same time others are receiving their checks. So you can figure to add another 60 to 75 days on to the 6 to 8 weeks you already have to wait. To speed this up you can contact the respective agency and find out who you need to talk to that would be issueing the reply to FoMoCo and ask to get it expedited. This is what I did and they faxed my reply to the person who was handling these issues at FoMoCo and my check was issued within 3 days of me finding out about this whole process.

Please know that I spent a lot of time on the phone over those 3 days digging through the red tape and finding the right person to talk too, even then, I never spoke to the person at FoMoCo who was in charge of this crap. The state agency did, but only after many phone calls baring my soul as to what was going to happen (ie., financial devistation, foreclosure, throwing my children out in the streets) if I did not get that check in the next 2 weeks and it would be because they drug their feet and I would be certain to contact the media about how an agency of the state whose job it was to protect children was now hurting mine.

God Bless and good luck to all

Edited by Captamrica