Latest Ford Falcon Orion Spy Shots

jpd80

Why does it look like a FWD VW? The short nose and ultra high cowl give it that "VW" look. Not a good thing, I'm starting to think the Ford of North America designers got their ugly hands on another new Ford.. :sos:

You're trying to interpret camoflage. It's designed to give you false impressions.

What you said about the nose you cant see in the black of the gas station shots.

orionhighlites.jpg

Edited by jpd80

Ford’s global product development chief Derrick Kuzak is visiting Australia next week.

It’s he who needs to be convinced that the E8 platform should be Ford’s next large global RWD platform.

orion_ute_caradvice_1_1280.jpg

http://www.caradvice.com.au/3107/2008-ford...6-turbo-sprung/

orion_caradvice_8_1280.jpg

The vehicle photographed is probably an XR6 Turbo variant. Our spy photographer has suggested that it was towing a trailer filled with cement and other heavy objects and had a noise reminiscent of the current turbocharged Falcon lineup.
orion_caradvice_9_full.thumbnail.jpg
Insiders have informed us that the mold featured in the following photo is not representative of the tail-lights. Cladding has been employed to emboss the tail-light surrounding in a bid to throw off onlookers.

orion_caradvice_9_424.jpg

Edited by jpd80

IIRC that's the Holden ute (pickup) and it's due out sometime this year, soon I think.

Our models are prefixed by two digit reference as they can span several years with minor updates. Currently Holden has the VE Commodore debuted last year, all this year and a series II VE planned to coincide with the Orion Falcon.

This photo illustrates the difference between the shorter nosed Commodore and the current Falcon. Notice how the Falcon needs extra lenght for the inline 6

Courtesy of : www.webwombat.com.au

hsv-senator-vs-fpv-force6-8-big.jpg

That doesn't mean the Falcon loses anything in handling though. When the 5.4 4V is installed not much of the engine sits forward of the front axle.

John

Edited by jpd80

IIRC that's the Holden ute (pickup) and it's due out sometime this year, soon I think.

Our models are prefixed by two digit reference as they can span several years with minor updates. Currently Holden has the VE Commodore debuted last year, all this year and a series II VE planned to coincide with the Orion Falcon.

This photo illustrates the difference between the shorter nosed Commodore and the current Falcon. Notice how the Falcon needs extra lenght for the inline 6

Courtesy of : www.webwombat.com.au

hsv-senator-vs-fpv-force6-8-big.jpg

That doesn't mean the Falcon loses anything in handling though. When the 5.4 4V is installed not much of the engine sits forward of the front axle.

John

Well, once again I'll mention that it's a huge lost opportunity that Ford didn't facilitize FoA for the Duratec 3.5 for both domestic comsumption and export and dump the I6. Since the Orion concentration is on the front end, it would have been a lot better to package for an all V lineup. Shorter front, lower cowl and probably better crash performance.

This would have improved the chances of this platform coming to NA. As it stands now, I only see potential for a niche import. If NA were to make the $1 billion plus investment for a RWD sedan (I don't think it's a priority), they might look to pick up some of the rear, but the front might have to be mostly new.

I'll be anxious to and lower cowl

The restriction only applies if an export model has the I6. If a US engine like the Duratec 35 and Mod V8s were speced, I'm sure the front would be shortened to look like the Commodore. It still does well in crash tests.

Derrick Kuzak is coming to Melbourne this week, he not dropping by for tea and scones.

Edited by jpd80