Getting very close to buying new EL Limited!

Expy Rick

It looks as though this will be my first SUV. It has been a toss up between the EL Limited, Navigator L and Escalade.

I'm glad I found this forum, it looks like a fun and informative place. I'm surprised that there are such few negative posts. Are negative posts edited out of this forum by the moderators or is this vehicle really that good?

I noticed that no current SUV has 120v available for laptop computers etc, (five-year-old Toyota minivan has 2 120 v. outlets). What you guys do to run 120v equipment? How many amps do the 12V outlets provide?

The big question now is: Do I get a 2007 and how long is the wait ordering a 2008?

Edited by Expy Rick

The big question now is: Do I get a 2007 and how long is the wait ordering a 2008?

Will leave the electrical questions for others as it has not been a concern for me.

2007's can only be had if you can find one on a lot somewhere. MI Truck began building the 2008's a couple weeks ago. Orders have been taken on 2008's since April. I ordered an '08 Limited on June 7th and have been given a build date of 7/16, which probably puts it on the dealer's lot around the first of August. Figure 8 weeks from the order date and you will be in the ball park . . .

It looks as though this will be my first SUV. It has been a toss up between the EL Limited, Navigator L and Escalade.

I'm glad I found this forum, it looks like a fun and informative place. I'm surprised that there are such few negative posts. Are negative posts edited out of this forum by the moderators or is this vehicle really that good?

I noticed that no current SUV has 120v available for laptop computers etc, (five-year-old Toyota minivan has 2 120 v. outlets). What you guys do to run 120v equipment? How many amps do the 12V outlets provide?

I have a 150W power inverter that I use for 120V things like a laptop and the playstation for the kids. They have compact models that plug into the 12V port like this at places like Best Buy, Wal-Mart, etc.:

XPower_Micro_Inverter_175_image.jpg

The only changes I know of for 2008 is the availablity of a rear view camera and they are adding a "King Ranch" version. If you can live without the camera and find an 07 Limited that fits your needs, I would go for it.

We love our 07 Expedition EL Eddie Bauer!

I have a 150W power inverter that I use for 120V things like a laptop and the playstation for the kids. They have compact models that plug into the 12V port like this at places like Best Buy, Wal-Mart, etc.:

XPower_Micro_Inverter_175_image.jpg

The only changes I know of for 2008 is the availablity of a rear view camera and they are adding a "King Ranch" version. If you can live without the camera and find an 07 Limited that fits your needs, I would go for it.

We love our 07 Expedition EL Eddie Bauer!

Thanks guys for the information. I ended up getting a Lincoln Navigator L ultimate. Very nice overall. Hopefully, the backup camera available in 2008 will be a plug-and-play, but I won't hold my breath.

As far as the 120 V power outlet, I did find a nice unit at Fry's for $29. As much as I love the new ride, I find it amazing that across all the large SUV offerings, the higher-end minivans run circles around SUV's in most applications, functionality, creature comforts, storage compartments, cargo space, interior versatility.