60/40 to Bucket Seats in '93 2.3L Manual

dr76

Have a '93 Ranger w/ 60/40 bench seats (std. cab) and would like to install bucket seats...

Do I need to find some from another Ranger (what years would work?) or can other Ford cars donate (again, what models/years?)

My bench has lost all it's support (previous owner was BIG!) and would love a little bit more room in the cab (even the tiny bit this would give me!) :D

Have a '93 Ranger w/ 60/40 bench seats (std. cab) and would like to install bucket seats...

Do I need to find some from another Ranger (what years would work?) or can other Ford cars donate (again, what models/years?)

My bench has lost all it's support (previous owner was BIG!) and would love a little bit more room in the cab (even the tiny bit this would give me!) :D

I have a '93 Ranger that came with bucket seats (from the factory). I think the STX trim line was the only one that came with them standard, so look for one of those. Mine have air pump/bladders to adjust the side bolster/lumbar supports, so if you expect to use them, I suppose there needs to be a plug down there.

If you can't find one of those, perhaps an Explorer of the same era?

I think that the 89-94 (I know the 92-94) Rangers all used the same (or strikingly similar) interiors, so there should be several at the junk yard to choose from.

I can say that even after 14 years, these seats have worn well. The foam and material (other than a couple of stains) look and feel basically the same as when I bought the truck. They are very comfortable on long drives, but you will also need to look for the center console the provide the armrest. They made versions for both 5spd (like mine) and automatics (which I think were slightly different).

That is one reason I haven't replaced it. I haven't found a truck with similarly comfortable seats. The Silverado came close, but I hated those "slant-eye" headlights, so I didn't buy one.

Also, the buckets were only available in a couple of colors; gray (like mine), and I think maybe beige and black, so you may want to consider that, assuming you want Ford seats.

Edited by RangerM