Ford Dealers You can trust

Scarpi

How about having Ford dealer service departments that actually have people that care about your car and know simple things like how much oil to put in your car when you take it there for an oil change. For more info read my post in the Ford management forum titled "incompetent service dept". I've had two bad experiences at my dealer, Sunset Ford in Peoria Arizona and my car will not return there. They can't even do an oil change correctly!! Maybe Ford needs to randomly visit their dealers' service departments to see if they are doing a good job taking care of their customers. Yea I'm pissed!!

I am sorry that you have had a bad experience with your dealer. I have had some bad experiences as well with some of dealers that I have dealt with. But I have been with my current Ford Dearler, Holman Ford for about 12 years. I am always there since I have two Ford vehicles and have them serviced exclusively by the dealer. They have not always fixed something on the first try but I feel that they do their best and they have always made things right. They are not cheap but I feel that they are honest about the work that they do. I have even noticed on the new car lot that if a car needed some body work due to damage during delivery it is fully disclosed including the cost to repair.

What I am trying to say is that I think the dealer makes all difference in the world when it comes to having your car service and whether or not you will by the next one from them.

I am sorry that you have had a bad experience with your dealer. I have had some bad experiences as well with some of dealers that I have dealt with. But I have been with my current Ford Dearler, Holman Ford for about 12 years. I am always there since I have two Ford vehicles and have them serviced exclusively by the dealer. They have not always fixed something on the first try but I feel that they do their best and they have always made things right. They are not cheap but I feel that they are honest about the work that they do. I have even noticed on the new car lot that if a car needed some body work due to damage during delivery it is fully disclosed including the cost to repair.

What I am trying to say is that I think the dealer makes all difference in the world when it comes to having your car service and whether or not you will by the next one from them.

Well I bought an Expedition from them (Sunset Ford in Peoria AZ) in 97 and a Mustang GT from them in 05. They don't even know how much oil to put in my car. So for oil changes I will go to another Ford dealer near me even though I have to pay more there. If they can't do an oil change correctly, I can't trust them to do any kind of mechanical work on my car (especially my Mustang)!