What can you guys do with this

post-28277-1183418921_thumb.jpg SO see what you photo chop guys can do with my Comet? ( I hope a picture is here, not sure how to do this) be nice it's not much right now, but looking to maybe do a ram air set up in the front part of the hood. I don't have photo shop, so..

post-28277-1183418709_thumb.jpg

Here is an example of a pretty nice Comet of your era

I like the smaller Maverick bumper and the GT hood scoop, but I would have not done the chin spoiler and wing on the back. If you want a rear spoiler , find a Grabber and take its deck lid and corner pieces, It would look more integrated IMO

post-24042-1183472597_thumb.jpg

post-24042-1183472620_thumb.jpg

Here is an example of a pretty nice Comet of your era

I like the smaller Maverick bumper and the GT hood scoop, but I would have not done the chin spoiler and wing on the back. If you want a rear spoiler , find a Grabber and take its deck lid and corner pieces, It would look more integrated IMO

Using a Maverick bumper on a Comet is going to give it an overbite! The 71-72 Comet small bumper looked good.

http://mmb.maverick.to/gallery/browseimages.php?c=15

A "factory looking" flapper Ram Air set up (like the 428CJ Cougars) with a crate 351 under the factory hood scoop would be a natural.

http://www.fordramair.com/

Mercury should have made one back then to compete against the Demon 340.

post-19198-1183742889_thumb.jpg

You got the color and I like the rims, the hood I was thinking more ram air, inlets ( small) near the front facia

or " Grabberesk, near the front of the hood on the sides of the raised portion of the hood.

Thansk though Kinda neet to see my car in somthing other than oxidized paint.

Hey Meelan, how would you do it? I like suggestions? I've thought convertible would be cool.

dropped mildly all around too. You do good work the way , can you do dark blue with one shade lighter dark blue flames almost so they can't be seen?

Wanna see cool Maverick.. not photoshopped by the way post-28277-1183749020_thumb.jpg

If that's not photoshopped, I'm the Queen of England.

My parents each had first gen Maverick Grabbers when they got married back in 1970. My Dad liked my Mom's so much, he had to get his own. Mom's was black with avacado striping. Dad's was white with avacado striping and interior color.

Four-door Mavericks = :redcard:

What would I do to your particular vehicle? Probably get it in good running order, then take it down to Maaco for a semi-decent paint job... but the one where badging and trim are at least removed first. No point in spending over $800 for a paint job on a car like this. It's like a middle child.

Oh... and lose the railroad tie bumpers. <BARF!>

Or, you can transform it into a road warrior vehicle and go completely ape shit with flat black paint, faux-guns on the hood, chain-link fence on the windows, etc.

Edited by Meelaan

Well, to each is own, but, a 74 Comet bone stock sold at Barrett Jackson, for 10k about year ago , and have you seen what a mildly restored 71 Grabber is going for? Like I said to each his own. Me I just want something different, someday someone will be saying hey "how do I tell the difference between a Fusion

and an Accord or Camry. Don't get me worng, I think your Millaan just might be my next purchase when I trade of the Screaming Yellow Focus, but I have owned this Comet longer than any car I have owned

This "middle child" car ( Maverick0, outsold the Mustang upon it's introduction in 69 1/2.

Hey people laughed at tailfins, but last I knew those cars from the 50's bring pretty good money now.

Hey it was the Seventies, different era, but I wouldn't try to make my 74 look like a 71 Just my opinion. hey I got a built in bench for tailgating LOL!! Hmm maybe I 'll add a continental kit and curbfeelers.. LOL

Hey you gotta like the 1970 Ford colors on . "Fruedian Guilt". "Anti establish-mint", "Grabber blue "

"Wimbledon white." "Bring em back Olive", "Counter Revolutionary Red", "There she Blue" "Hulla Blue"

I know Mavs had some of those, pretty funny stuff