6.0 Powerstroke?

ok my dad's company has a lot invested into the F-250 6.0s

they are now out of their warranty and have started to breakdown almost all around the same time

it is costing my dad a shit load of money to get them fixed

he asked me if i knew what the major problems were and i said i don't know but a lot of people are having problems with them

can you guys list some of the major malfunctions they are known for also is there any good way to fix this so they do not breakdown again and again?

thank you

ok my dad's company has a lot invested into the F-250 6.0s

they are now out of their warranty and have started to breakdown almost all around the same time

it is costing my dad a shit load of money to get them fixed

he asked me if i knew what the major problems were and i said i don't know but a lot of people are having problems with them

can you guys list some of the major malfunctions they are known for also is there any good way to fix this so they do not breakdown again and again?

thank you

Most Issues:

Turbos, EGR, oil leaks, heads, ball joints, software.

Few Issues:

Transmission, rear gears, steering gear box.

Solution:

Suck it up or sell it to someone you don't like.

Why:

I went to trade my truck in for a new GMC 1 ton last week. The dealership didn't want my '05 PSD F-350. They said it would be better if I sold it. :banghead: The Dodge dealership offered me $3K < than the BlueBook trade amount. My F-350 is loaded, has 33K miles and looks new.

Note:

When the truck runs right, it is the best truck I've ever had. It pulls, haul and rides better than any truck on the market today. Some owners never have a problem with their PSD. However, as many times mine has been in the shop, I just don't trust it for the long term.

Turbos and EGRs are comman problems i hear of. Like said when the 6.0Ls run right they can do alot. I have friends that have 03-07 and the trucks have been next to perfect. Out of 10 trucks only one needed a EGR valve and thats it. Mine on the other hand is the problem child. Reflashed twice, codes, check engine lights, trottle sensor and thats just for the motor. The steering has had problems since 5k on it and continues to this day and the truck is only a year old.