How to "Break-in" my new 07 Expedition Limited

trishglxk

Well, I pick up my gorgeous 2007 Expedition Limited - White Sand / Stone- in two days. It was shipped from Michigan Truck on 5/31, and it had a grand total of 2.5 miles on it when I test drove it yesterday. I can't wait to get it home.

Can the pros on this forum give me some tips as to how to break this vehicle in right? Should we take it easy for the first 500 miles, or is that necessary with this truck? We tow a boat from time to time, and want to know if we should refrain from towing until we put a few miles on her.

Any input is appreciated.

thank you....

Trish

Well, I pick up my gorgeous 2007 Expedition Limited - White Sand / Stone- in two days. It was shipped from Michigan Truck on 5/31, and it had a grand total of 2.5 miles on it when I test drove it yesterday. I can't wait to get it home.

Can the pros on this forum give me some tips as to how to break this vehicle in right? Should we take it easy for the first 500 miles, or is that necessary with this truck? We tow a boat from time to time, and want to know if we should refrain from towing until we put a few miles on her.

Any input is appreciated.

thank you....

Trish

The info is in the owner's manual (that book in the glove compartment that nobody seems to read) but basically you just need to vary your speed for the first few hundred miles and not put it on cruise control at the same speed for long periods of time. I don't think there's any reason not to tow right away but again - RTFM to be safe.

You can read the OM now online before you even pick up the truck at https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owne...als/default.asp

Thanks for the link to the Owner's Manual. I took a read, and it does suggest you not tow for the first 500 miles. So it looks like we'll try to break it in as quickly as possible, since it is summer and my husband likes to fish!

If anyone has any tips, suggestions, or theories for breaking in the new girl to optimize future fuel economy, I'm all ears.

Thanks,

Trish

I don't think you should be concerned about "break in" other than following the suggestion in the manual.

Just enjoy it. New cars don't require the break - in period as those in the days of old.

I'm on my 5th Expy (2007 Limited EL) and never had an issue with any of them do to improper break-in.

Enjoy--Bob